[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Common Sense (Common): Discussion
Common Sense (Common): Discussion
Menace Date: Monday, 27/Jul/09, 8:57 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Common is himself, he just expresses however he wants..whether its with LWFC or UMC he still stays true to himself

true to himself ?? his new album sounds like the parties in Ibiza LMAO

Quote (J-Breakz)
i love this song:

exactly straight up Ibiza if you'd lived in Europe you'd actually puke

Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
LOL - tell me when that was.... just cuz the motherfucker ACTS "soulful" doesnt make him "real hiphop"....andbody can put on a kangol and preach pro blackness....that aint necessarily hiphop. He's a hypocrite too..... he once bitched about too many white boys and shit and now he's reaching out to whites like his music ain't survivin'.....oh, right....it ain't......he's WHACK!!!!!!!!!

'Hmmm maybe if I put Lilly allen on my track my career will go thru' a Ressurrection' - lol...... the guy is a lame fake.

dude your hailing cats that were KILLING hip hop back in the days when Common was making classic material back in the day Common was tight i don't care what he is now and really man at least recognize you don't really feel alternative hip hop , Jazz Rap , Experimental hip hop and such at least recognize close minded people are those who didn't listened and bitched about not people that listened and didn't like so at least recognize

Menace Date: Monday, 27/Jul/09, 9:24 PM | Message # 17

Heads
not to say that Common gone whit the Jonas Brothers for that Disney money LMAO how low you can be to do a song whit Jonas Brothers ?? man back in the day you'd be bitch slapped and called a fag in the streets LOL DISNEY MONEY DISNEY GEAH tomorrow please Common go after Miley Cyrus
:D

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 1:15 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Common >>>> Master P

Sick With It
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 1:33 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
dude your hailing cats that were KILLING hip hop back in the days when Common was making classic material back in the day Common was tight i don't care what he is now and really man at least recognize you don't really feel alternative hip hop , Jazz Rap , Experimental hip hop and such at least recognize close minded people are those who didn't listened and bitched about not people that listened and didn't like so at least recognize

Are you saying I never listened to him??? I gave him plenty of chances cuz everyone else bigs him up....I like all kinds of music(I swear we went thru all this in another thread).... I'm NEVER close minded... I just think this dude is a fake and he bores me to borderline death - That's all........... just my opinion and how I see him!!!! He contradicts himself now after making "I used to love h.e.r" with the bullshit he's on now...... And I don't "hail cats that were killing hiphop"........ Im assuming you're referring to Master P?!?!?............. P never changed constantly, he stayed TRU... So what if he rapped about money and shit... it is a part of hiphop and he wasn't frontin'...he had the money and worked hard to get it.... he also held on to his roots and rapped about where he came from...that's HIPHOP regardless of what you say.... Guys in the 80's that you love were rappin' 'bout gettin' money and shit..... G RAP was on some Mafioso shit and you like him I bet........... Anyway, I'm getting off topic here... lets not get into all this shit again.... BOTTOM LINE is I Love all kinds of shit and my opinion is my opinion... COMMON ain't for me!!!

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 2:26 PM | Message # 20

Heads
compare Commons lyrics whit Master P's and don't compare G Rap whit Master P cause that's BLASPHEMY LOL and please take Commons old material and compare the lyrics to Master P's and i don't mean the subject matter just how Common built rhymes and how Master P built rhymes as Erik said Master P was the Lil Wayne of his era and be real even Master P recognizes that his music denigrated hip hop and didn't do good for the black community it just enforced stereotypes i don't how you defending him at least he grew up and saw his mistakes while his fans don't.

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Common >>>> Master P

at least Master P didn't go all jail bait style after that DISNEY money LMAO rofl rofl

Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 2:38 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (Menace)
compare Commons lyrics whit Master P's and don't compare G Rap whit Master P cause that's BLASPHEMY LOL and please take Commons old material and compare the lyrics to Master P's and i don't mean the subject matter just how Common built rhymes and how Master P built rhymes as Erik said Master P was the Lil Wayne of his era and be real even Master P recognizes that his music denigrated hip hop and didn't do good for the black community it just enforced stereotypes i don't how you defending him at least he grew up and saw his mistakes while his fans don't.

Quote (Menace)
at least Master P didn't go all jail bait style after that DISNEY money LMAO

Master P had movies, toys, record label, etc. but Common did ONE song with Jonas Brothers and Common is the enemy? %)
Who gives a fuck bout the money, just as you said Common lyrics >>> Master P's lyrics but then your gonna bring that thing with Disney in the mix like it really matters...are you confused? How are you gonna talk good bout Common then just turn on him like that?! I swear lol at least Common aint a sell-out like Nas

Sick With It
Menace Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 2:50 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Who gives a fuck bout the money, just as you said Common lyrics >>> Master P's lyrics but then your gonna bring that thing with Disney in the mix like it really matters...are you confused? How are you gonna talk good bout Common then just turn on him like that?! I swear lol at least Common aint a sell-out like Nas

dude Nas is consistent and was consistent tell me one MAINSTREAM black nationalist album that came out in 2008 ?? NONE Nas his a pillar of realness in the mainstream one of the few representing HIP HOP in the mainstream Common is actually a sell out because he saw that he didn't sell and he jumped on the Euro trash bandwagon a matter a fact Common is a hypocrite because listen to his old material and how we criticized pop culture and now he's doing songs whit Jonas Brothers and he's doing European music that's not A SELL OUT FOR YOU ?? man Meth please do your fucking study man i give what is given to Common because he did some shit but when you overrate him like that and call somebody else a sell out like that i mean that shit don't go whit me compare Nas discography whit Common's and tell me who's trying to appeal to pop culture ??

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 3:30 PM | Message # 23

Emcees
Quote (Menace)

blahblah I defend him cuz i like more his music and can relate to a lot of it.... when he was rapping about drugs and shit, i was selling them and doing them, when he was rapping about ho's i was fuckin' with them, when he was rapping about dead homies I was missing them and losing them, whe was rapping about cars I was wanting them, etc... This is normal in day to day life bro'... being spiritual and being an intricate brother and all that shit common was on isnt overly relatable like the street shit(where hiphop comes from)that most of the real "hiphop"(not just lyrics and wordplay) culture lives. When P got his money he rapped about that too.... he rapped exactly what he lived and knew, plain and simple...............and he's FAR from the lil' wayne of his time!!! he never claimed to be the best rapper alive or did everything possible to be in the limelight..... And comparing Kool G Rap with P makes a lot more sense than comparing Common with either of'em.

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Master P had movies, toys, record label, etc. but Common did ONE song with Jonas Brothers and Common is the enemy?

Lyrics aren't everything...any fuckin' geek off the streets can be a great writer but it doesnt always make him hiphop.... Common is a sellout and a phoney....deal with it...... and how old are you guys anyway???.... were you guys even listening to common when he came out??? or did u just jump on his shit when you became "real hiphop fans"????? Honestly.....thats not meant to be an insult. And were you guys listening to hiphop when "No more tears" dropped and shit like that???? I think if u guys were my age you might aprreciate it a lil' more....and if you are my age then....well, You're crazy %) :p

It's still hiphop without a backpack!!!!!!!!

Added (28/Jul/09, 3:24 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Menace)
dude Nas is consistent and was consistent tell me one MAINSTREAM black nationalist album that came out in 2008 ?? NONE Nas his a pillar of realness in the mainstream one of the few representing HIP HOP in the mainstream Common is actually a sell out because he saw that he didn't sell and he jumped on the Euro trash bandwagon a matter a fact Common is a hypocrite because listen to his old material and how we criticized pop culture and now he's doing songs whit Jonas Brothers and he's doing European music that's not A SELL OUT FOR YOU ?? man Meth please do your fucking study man i give what is given to Common because he did some shit but when you overrate him like that and call somebody else a sell out like that i mean that shit don't go whit me compare Nas discography whit Common's and tell me who's trying to appeal to pop culture ??

Its weird completely disagreeing and completely agreeing at the same time %)

Added (28/Jul/09, 3:30 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Poor Master P - LOL - the guys tryna make changes and yet he gets brought up and shitted on in all kinds of threads that were never about him in the 1st place rofl scream :'(

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 4:27 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (Menace)
true to himself ?? his new album sounds like the parties in Ibiza LMAO

his new album was total garbage

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 10:36 AM | Message # 25

Emcees
Quote (8Diagrams)
Yet Bone did a song with Bow Wow and Mariah Carey, for fucks sake! I'm sorry, your hypocrisy is ridiculous. I can't believe you've been into hip-hop for 20 years, Jesus Christ, I know 14 and 15 year olds with more knowledge than you.

read the whole comment DUMMY!!! I just stated that he purposely did that to boost his career with white people to sell more records....even tho' he once was so pro black and didnt care for a white fan base! Oh, and this is coming from a WU head?!?!?'member mariah and ODB's fuckin' mainstream hit you retard?!?!? lol - 'fuck outta here man....your comments are always wack and get shut down.... BONE did that track when they were trying to get outta the bogus deal they signed....and just cuz bow wow and mariah were on it, it didnt make it a completely garbage track. I nnever liked that they did it tho' So get the fuck outta here with your Hypcrisy comments... And i actually kinda liked that track Common did with Lily Allen to be honest.... just didnt like his motives behind it.

Quote (8Diagrams)
Man, fuck y'all crackheads, I say they are the lowest lifeform on the planet next to dirty bitches.

Smarten up man... i never touched crack in my life! Not all "drugs" are crack you Goof!!! I just said i could relate cuz i was selling drugs and doing them.....never said what kind....

is your boy below a low life form??????

"I'm Sorry! Your Hypocrisy is Ridiculous" <_<

J-Breakz Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 3:55 PM | Message # 26

Heads
wow people need to stop getting butthurt over the internet.

livin life like some cheesy movie
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 4:32 PM | Message # 27

Emcees
Quote (J-Breakz)
wow people need to stop getting butthurt over the internet.

No doubt... this guy just pisses me off with his nonsense comments about ppl not knowing their hiphop and shit just cuz they got a different opinion than him. Shit is lame!

Adam Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 8:53 PM | Message # 28

B-Girls
God damn I thought this site was full of intelligent people, but there is not even a few, except Menace he must sleep with and fuck an encyclopedia every nite. Sometimes you guys don't act anymore different then the people from lil wayne's fan site.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Adam Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 9:04 PM | Message # 29

B-Girls
Who the hell cares if he uses autotune, your just fucking dumb stupid with hip hop. Your like early white Americans with horse gaurds on the sides of your eyes. You can't just ban something because it doesn't suite yourself. If you truly love hip hop and claim to be in its culture, then why are your cuting and slicing bits and pieces of it. Thats not being part of a culture, thats molding it to fit yourself. You got to have ears for all kinds of hip hop, rnb, and all those other genres. Your just being pressured into believing "real hiphop". You as a person is a living contradiction.

Message edited by Adam - Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 9:04 PM
Adam Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 9:23 PM | Message # 30

B-Girls
Dude their part of the same culture, again your cutting.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Common Sense (Common): Discussion
Search: