[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Common Sense (Common): Discussion
Common Sense (Common): Discussion
Adam Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 9:34 PM | Message # 31

B-Girls
No they aren't. They are both part of an urban culture known as hip hop. Ughh your twisting me up. Rap is a part of hip hop. Hip Hop is a movement, rap is the ryhming or singing part of hip hop.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!

Message edited by Adam - Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 9:35 PM
Adam Date: Wednesday, 29/Jul/09, 11:57 PM | Message # 32

B-Girls
Why don't open up your eyes this site doesn't pass judgement on anything. And rap is emceeing.. they are the same thing. Your just a stupid follower.

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 30/Jul/09, 2:37 AM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Why don't open up your eyes this site doesn't pass judgement on anything. And rap is emceeing.. they are the same thing. Your just a stupid follower.

emcee's do rap, but hip hop is more then just rap to me and a real emcee is more than just a rapper,

Quote (Adam)
Dude their part of the same culture, again your cutting.

but i if you're saying autotune is part of the hip hop culture you're wrong

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Thursday, 30/Jul/09, 12:23 PM | Message # 34

B-Girls
I have never mentioned autotune in any of my posts unless I was referring to someone else talking about it, so I don't know how you all assume this. I don't listen only to hiphop. I made myself have ears for everything, because thats what you need if your truly going to be able to embrace music. But you can't cut up hiphop, and then say you support it. But I guess thats where the "real" hiphop comes in.

Message edited by Adam - Thursday, 30/Jul/09, 12:26 PM
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 30/Jul/09, 2:35 PM | Message # 35

Emcees
Quote (Adam)
But you can't cut up hiphop, and then say you support it. But I guess thats where the "real" hiphop comes in.

you don't gotta like all "hiphop" music to be a lover of hiphop...... i LOVE hiphop and been living it everyday for a long long time and i "cut up" all kinds of shit that other people like- ie. Common

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Adam Date: Thursday, 30/Jul/09, 7:07 PM | Message # 36

B-Girls
Thats an artist. I'm not talking about that, im talking about how he creates this magical barrier between hiphop and rap.

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 31/Jul/09, 7:33 AM | Message # 37

Heads
he means the pop shit that isn't part of the true hip hop culture

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 31/Jul/09, 12:24 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
he means the pop shit that isn't part of the true hip hop culture

it is tho' sometimes....... I mean if a rapper has lived and breathed hiphop his whole life and is so sick that he can reach the world then is he not still hiphop??? You don't gotta hold onto your backpack to stay hiphop all the time.... Obviously there are some ridiculous mainstream rappers that aren't hiphop but there's lots of room on the top for true emcees.... it's funny cuz when a dope artist is underground everyone says... "see, this is what needs to be all over the radio, not that pop shit".... but when he finally gets there he's a sellout..... %)

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 31/Jul/09, 1:47 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
Lyrics aren't everything...any fuckin' geek off the streets can be a great writer but it doesnt always make him hiphop.... Common is a sellout and a phoney....deal with it...... and how old are you guys anyway???.... were you guys even listening to common when he came out??? or did u just jump on his shit when you became "real hiphop fans"????? Honestly.....thats not meant to be an insult. And were you guys listening to hiphop when "No more tears" dropped and shit like that???? I think if u guys were my age you might aprreciate it a lil' more....and if you are my age then....well, You're crazy

my comment was directed at Menace not you Mak lol
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
Its weird completely disagreeing and completely agreeing at the same time

Yea thats wat I dont get.....He was just talking good about Common then goes on a rant about him being commercial...Nas and Common are both Legends.....I dont care if either one was a sell-out, I wouldnt piss my pants about it....My life doesnt revolve around them, if they do do something for money it wont affect me personally but menace is acting like Common's UMC album is hiding under his bed with a razor blade..
Quote (Menace)
dude Nas is consistent and was consistent tell me one MAINSTREAM black nationalist album that came out in 2008 ?? NONE Nas his a pillar of realness in the mainstream one of the few representing HIP HOP in the mainstream Common is actually a sell out because he saw that he didn't sell and he jumped on the Euro trash bandwagon a matter a fact Common is a hypocrite because listen to his old material and how we criticized pop culture and now he's doing songs whit Jonas Brothers and he's doing European music that's not A SELL OUT FOR YOU ?? man Meth please do your fucking study man i give what is given to Common because he did some shit but when you overrate him like that and call somebody else a sell out like that i mean that shit don't go whit me compare Nas discography whit Common's and tell me who's trying to appeal to pop culture ??

LMAO! And wat are you gonna do bout Common doing a song with the Jonas Brothers? Spew hate on a "Legend" on a Hip Hop forum? Jesus your worst then blondes at my school dawg

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 31/Jul/09, 11:08 PM | Message # 40

Heads
he did a song with the Jonas Brothers, that's sad but w/e he's only hurting his own career with his real fans, i wish artists could stay more loyal to their real fans instead of trying to get new ones from emo kids

Uncharted Date: Sunday, 02/Aug/09, 5:02 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
i cant wait till he comes back doing dope shit with No I.D. on his next album he only had one bad album, remember nas back at '99 with the shiny suits and shit with P DIDDY AKA MR HIP POP, tell me he never done commercail gay shit

but i hope common rebounds from this era of gayness

Added (02/Aug/09, 5:02 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
cause dude is like one of my inspirations :)

ritesofpasage Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:58 PM | Message # 42

DJs
my common mix

http://www.jamglue.com/mixes/10018079-Common-rev

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....

Message edited by ritesofpasage - Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:58 PM
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Common Sense (Common): Discussion
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: