• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Canibus
Canibus
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 24/Feb/10, 11:08 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
(inspired by that Del thread...)

I've heard ALOT about Cannibus, although I've never listened to him. I've heard "to get on his level, you would have to study geometry, astrology, physics, and all kinds of wicked shit". Is this true? What makes Cannibus so good? Make me a playlist, or a list of songs, and I'll check him out.. Please, no freestyles unless they are THAT good.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 24/Feb/10, 11:48 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
rip the jacker will make you miscarry

Added (24/Feb/10, 11:48 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
ill put up my favorite tracks later

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 0:56 AM | Message # 3

Rappers
Overrated

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 1:07 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (EYAR15)
Overrated

haha good one. so it the queer in your sig

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 5:38 AM | Message # 5

Heads
i'm not an expert on Canibus but from what i've heard he's decent but to me he's one of those "my lyrics are so lyrically lyrical blah blah blah" kind of rappers, he does use a lot of scientific words etc, but you should give him a listen coz he is pretty good though.

check out this track i think this is a good example of Canibus style

these are my actual fave Canibus tracks though, but that might just be because of the other rappers

i think Rakim owned this one though

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
El_Matador Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 11:08 AM | Message # 6

Heads
The best example

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 12:19 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (EmSeeD)
"my lyrics are so lyrically lyrical blah blah blah"

thats actually a very fair assumption. i think bis' only flaw is the past 10 years he couldnt pick beats to save his life with the exception of rip the jacker (stoupe from JMT did the whole album). for whome the bell tolls and melatonin magik are good tho so he is gettin better. Here is ann assortment spanning his whole career:

crazy track

another great track

this is off his new album, bronze and canibus fucking rip this track into pieces and throw the body parts in the corner. if you cont like this track you got a tumor

let me know if you want more

Added (25/Feb/10, 12:19 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
lol, i like how i said career but only got from like 3 albums, he is a bit inconsistent but his material still cannot be ignored. he is an incredible rapper who should be respected.. up until that d12 shit tho. iono what he was thinking

Adam Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 11:13 PM | Message # 8

B-Girls
I agree with emseed, thats why I don't like him. He just raps about bs always claiming he's this or that. I'm so.... I'm like.... big word here, big word there.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 25/Feb/10, 11:49 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
Quote (Adam)
I agree with emseed, thats why I don't like him. He just raps about bs always claiming he's this or that. I'm so.... I'm like.... big word here, big word there.

your trippin. at least emseed gives the man his props. the dude comes out the box with some crazy ass shit and provokes thought with his style of story telling. i highly recommend you at least listen to the tracks i posted cuz they are gems to me and many other people and are the reason why people still follow him after a few shitty albums

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 3:19 AM | Message # 10

Heads
man i was just listening to Canibus second and third verses on Gold & Bronze more closely, man that is such a great verse, not because its lyrical but this time because of what he's talking about, verses were actually pretty deep. that is a great track too, easily one of the best songs of 2010.

"you are the reflection of an illusion, you do not exist, what you feel is real everything else is a script that they wrote for me, i hallucinate creepy crawlies, rhyming is a hobbie you can't even talk to me, DJ's radio stations millions of listeners are prisoners, their salvation is not your business, canibus spit when canibus wanna spit shit, got that don't let me have to tell you again, the western world is spiritually sterile, a great perile, we in a great concrete jungle, where they spank apes with the metal, i rhyme for the betterment of the culture, i don't spit no hot 16's for promotion, or coporte vultures who act like they own us, self expression is our birth right not a bonus, hip hop can govern, come together and show the whole world something, voices of the not so beloved."

"this is lyrical law, the golden flame turns to gold bars into bronze, it draws upon magic from the stars this is one more storming of lyrical law, if everything is in good order i'll spit some more, the moral of the story is this, don't get pissed because your upbringing was strict, coz life is a gift, you got food to eat, you got teeth to eat it with, shoes on your feet, don't be conceded be contempt, even when you lose think about what you did to win, if you did the best you can, you did a good thing, but you shouldn't smoke weed if you swim (michael phelps?), don't buy assault rifles, don't fight with dogs (michael vick?), don't hit your girlfriend (chris brown), don't mix cocaine with unprecscribed medicine, and don't say you're sober if you plan to do it again, with that said sleep tight tonight when you go to bed, this is public service announcement 2010"

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 5:02 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Canibus is an extremely good lyricist. Sometimes tho Canibus has the tendancy to rap about nothing....Sure its scientific, conspriacy type things but ultimately he says alot of nothing. But Still the substance of his lyrics may be null, he has lyrics and ALOTS of them

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 5:53 PM | Message # 12

Heads
my lyrics are the most lyrically lyrical and they'll lyrically dissect your lyrics lyrically because this is lyrical destruction in my lyrical function. i eat lyrics like it was a lyrical luncheon rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 6:08 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
my lyrics are the most lyrically lyrical and they'll lyrically dissect your lyrics lyrically because this is lyrical destruction in my lyrical function. i eat lyrics like it was a lyrical luncheon

;) that is a perfect imitation of Canibus presented to you by Eboyd B)

Sick With It
abanks47 Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 6:12 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
yall are trippin. i feel like im the opposite of everyone here sometimes but its coo. keep the blade sharp. yall cant listen to those tracks i posted and say there not volcanoes of epic lyrical content

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 26/Feb/10, 6:24 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
yall are trippin. i feel like im the opposite of everyone here sometimes but its coo. keep the blade sharp. yall cant listen to those tracks i posted and say there not volcanoes of epic lyrical content

Dude Canibus is one of my favorite MCs! He was THE FIRST underground artist I listened to after coming to this site and I loved him (no homo). I got four of his Cds in my mp3. 2000 BC is criminally underrated. That shouldve been his debut CD not Can-I-Bus....And his new CD was pretty good too. He still has trouble picking beats tho lol

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Canibus
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: