[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » World Class Wrecking Cru (Introduction)
World Class Wrecking Cru
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 2:39 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Name: Wrecking Crew
Formed: 1984
Type: Group
Artist: Many over the year... Including DJ Yella and Dr.Dre
Genre: Electro
Sub Genre: Electro-Hop

Not be your taste... but for me it seems like a old school classic...

The World Class Wreckin' Cru was a 1980s Electro-hop group from Compton, California formed by the Eve After Dark nightclub owner and established DJ Alonzo Williams.
Other members of the fluctuating lineup included DJ Yella, Dr. Dre, Shakespeare, and Cli-N-Tel. Dr. Dre and DJ Yella would go on to achieve fame as members of N.W.A. Fila Fresh Crew's Dr. Rock was also an early member of the World Class Wreckin' Cru.

The first album they made is called World Class

World Class is the first EP recorded and produced by the LA electro-hop group World Class Wreckin' Cru. It was released in 1985 under the Kru-Cut record label. Songs on the album included "Juice" and "Surgery", which were popular singles on the underground West Coast scene.
The album cover was used as a form of ridicule to Dr. Dre in Eazy-E's diss song Real Muthaphuckkin G's showing the album images of Dr. Dre on the album wearing flashy clothing and makeup which was also parodied by Luther Campbell on the song Cowards Of Compton.

Some examples from their first album...

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 3:12 PM | Message # 2

Heads
YELLA HAS J.U.I.C.E DR. DRE HAS...J.U.I.C.E

i think chinita will like this one

ROCK ROCK ROCK THE HOUSE, NO! WRECK THE HOUSE eyar2

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 3:30 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
those kick ass :)
Quote (EmSeeD)
ROCK ROCK ROCK THE HOUSE, NO! WRECK THE HOUSE

with the crazy electro beat behind it... shit's crazy :)

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 4:34 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
The evolution of Dr.Dre.

"Though I don't smoke weed or cess, cause it's known to give a brotha brain damage, and brain damage on the mic don't manage nothin"

"I gotta get the chronic, the Reme Martin and my soda pop. Now I'm smellin like Indonesia"

"Get my drink on, and my smoke on"

Detox: ??????

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Uncharted Date: Tuesday, 15/Jun/10, 4:54 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
LMFAO my dad would always tell me about dr.dre sounding like a white guy in his raps when he was in the world class wrecking crew, my dad would make fun of him all the time

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 15/Jun/10, 6:35 PM | Message # 6

Heads
"Though I don't smoke weed or cess, cause it's known to give a brotha brain damage, and brain damage on the mic don't manage nothin"

"I gotta get the chronic, the Reme Martin and my soda pop. Now I'm smellin like Indonesia"

"Get my drink on, and my smoke on"

Detox

"I used to smoke and drink but dats enuff\I chose fuckin with Em with our hats off"

Follow up to 'My Dad's Gone Crazy"

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Chinita Date: Friday, 25/Jun/10, 9:32 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Uncharted)
LMFAO my dad would always tell me about dr.dre sounding like a white guy in his raps when he was in the world class wrecking crew, my dad would make fun of him all the time

lol

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » World Class Wrecking Cru (Introduction)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: