[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Brotha Lynch Hung (Originator of Horrorcore)
Brotha Lynch Hung
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 10:01 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Brotha Lynch Hung
http://www.therealbrothalynchhung.com/

My personal favorite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotha_Lynch_Hung
Kevin Danell Mann (born 1972), better known by his stage name Brotha Lynch Hung, is an American rapper and record producer from Sacramento, California. Since the release of his debut album 24 Deep in 1993, Brotha Lynch Hung has sold 1.4 million CDs independently, and has been described as a "creator of horrorcore rap".

Music career
Mann grew up as a lonely, reclusive child, listening to Hot 97 and rappers such as Rakim and Slick Rick. He started rapping at the age of 13.
Brotha Lynch Hung appeared on and produced 11 of the 12 tracks on X-Raided's first album Psycho Active in 1992. He Also Featured on the Song "Hoes E Schemin Too" as well as a skit with his brother Sicx on KRD's Sac-Town Funk Album. As the "Street Talk Crew" Lynch, X-Raided, and Sicx recorded the cassette tape Niggaz In Black (1991), according to Lynch to be "some of my best work".
In 1992 Lynch signed with Black Market Records and recorded his first EP, 24 Deep (1993). The album reached #91 on Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, the first of the label's albums to chart.
His most known album Season of da Siccness was released in 1995. The album is known of its extremely graphic imagery of themes including ultraviolence, misogyny, rape and cannibalism. In May 2009, he signed a deal with Midwest rapper Tech N9ne's Strange Music label. In March 2010, he released his Strange Music debut, Dinner and a Movie, selling around 7,000 albums its first week alone.
Brotha Lynch Hung's rapping style has been described as "smooth and quickly delivered",similar to style of Spice 1.

Personal life

Brotha Lynch Hung is a 24th Street Crips gang member. He has been involved in gang confrontations, and was shot once near Arden Fair Mall. Brotha Lynch Hung has described his personal experiences in his music.
Brotha Lynch Hung has one adult daughter.

from his new album; Dinner and a Movie

Controversy
In September 1996, Joseph Edward Gallegos, 18-year-old Colorado man, listened to Brotha Lynch Hung's song "Locc 2 da Brain" repeatedly before fatally shooting three of his friends. Gallegos was himself subsequently killed in a police shootout. Although Gallegos' motive was determined to be depression over a breakup with his girlfriend, his friends and minister suggested that the music played a role in the killings.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 10:14 PM | Message # 2

Heads
i thought it was Brotha Lynch that was doing life in prison but i was wrong. i know X-Raided is doing life for homicide and his brother Sicx is serving a 32 year term for multiple counts of child molestation though.

but wasn't Insane Poetry credited with being the first horrorcore artist though?:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Ratmn Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 10:24 PM | Message # 3

DJs
I FUCKING LOVE BROTHA LYNCH HUNG.
Seriously.

....And he ain't the originator, 'Twas Ganksta NIP.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 10:40 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
i hear yall talking but i aint listening. how about we say gangsta horror core rap.

will have to listen to gangsta nip and insnae poetry but i doubt there's no lynch's level in terms of head bangin and pure brutality

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 10:43 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
anyone listen to his new album? think it was on tech n9nes label

eboyd Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 11:03 PM | Message # 6

Heads
i didn't make any comment as to who was better. i think Insane Poetry is ok, i just heard he was the originator of horrorcore. Lynch Hung is better imo.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 11:14 PM | Message # 7

Heads
btw, here's my favorite song by Lynch Hung:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 13/Jan/11, 11:22 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
song is sick. sounds like him singing too in the chorus. what album?

eboyd Date: Friday, 14/Jan/11, 0:01 AM | Message # 9

Heads
idr. i haven't heard any of his albums full through, i've just heard tracks here and there. that's the one that stands out most for me.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Treach Date: Friday, 14/Jan/11, 10:46 AM | Message # 10

OGs
whats his best album

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
abanks47 Date: Friday, 14/Jan/11, 11:35 AM | Message # 11

Emcees
Season of da Siccness

by far

Treach Date: Friday, 14/Jan/11, 12:16 PM | Message # 12

OGs
aight man, thanks. ill check that one out. ive known bout brotha lynch for years but never checked him out before

- K-RINO
abanks47 Date: Friday, 14/Jan/11, 12:48 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
definitly an aqcuired MC but if you can get into gangsta rap and enjoy mean lyrics than you should enjoy him. im getting dinner and a movie right now

Treach Date: Saturday, 15/Jan/11, 6:08 AM | Message # 14

OGs
man i love gangsta rap and mean lyrics lol
season of da siccness tho...its good but..idk.., a good album with good songs but it isnt dope, IMO

- K-RINO
abanks47 Date: Saturday, 15/Jan/11, 11:44 AM | Message # 15

Emcees
cali classic, its a fact

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » Brotha Lynch Hung (Originator of Horrorcore)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: