[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Does Rap Put Teens at Risk? (Article)
Does Rap Put Teens at Risk?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 9:22 AM | Message # 31

Emcees
Thats bullshit.
If a kid is so dumb that they cant portrey the difference between a song, and real life, then they are.... well.... no informed.
Like in Hit em Up, pac makes a claim that "They Kill Bad Boy" and that type of shit.
I'd be somewhat surprised if Pac ever actually did kill a bad boy asscociate. Maybe pull a gun out, and bluff it, but not actually do it.
To be honest I think most rappers who say they are hard, arent.
Like The Game???
I think he has some good songs, but he isnt a real gang banger.
Dr.Dre=Studio Gangster.

But on the other hand, Eminem doesent say hes hard to prove that hes hard, he does it for more shock value I think.
But I dont know.
BTW I only read like half the first page.
I will read menace's post.
Haha I bet hes pissed.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Chinita Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 5:11 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
If you go overly strict on your children they're more likely to rebel,

i agree with that also, when i was a teen i had a friend that was always stuck at home.. she has no freedom and could never come out mean while my mom gave us alot of freedom, she let us go out, i partied and even went to clubs at 15 coming home all hours of the day, well with high heels to pretend i was 18 smile but my mom trusted me, i never gave her a reason not to trust me and she raised me with morals, respect and knew the difference between right and wrong anyway, i knew my responsibities and worked hard in school with good grades... so this friend wind up running away and was a wild animal.. it was like letting a lion out of a cage and the girl got pregnant and had like 4 kids by the time she was 20, was in alot of trouble, did drugs and all.. i do think the more trust u put in ur teen the more they will do the right thing... i let my teens go out, have fun because i bellieve we all need to live our lives, enjoy our teen and young adult years because u cant go back to make up for it when ur in the 40's.. but my thing is more about little kids not teens..once a teen and if u raised them right they will do the right thing and if they dont they will learn from those mistakes... when my daughter was 15, i remember a guy she dated that i knew was wrong for her..so i decided not to mention it and just let her date this guy, i knew if i told her she couldnt see this guy that she would..so eventually she knew the guy was not for her and she broke it off with him for many reasons but at least i know she learned for herself and not because i forced her into it..

NtG Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 10:12 PM | Message # 33

Heads
"Music, reality, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference
But we as entertainers have a responsibility to these kids
Sike!"

Listen to this song, its the most relevant song to this thread:

[deleted]
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 10:20 PM | Message # 34

Rappers
the days when Em could spit like a mutha!!

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
NtG Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 10:27 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (EYAR15)
the days when Em could spit like a mutha!!

lol that was from the eminem show album. not too long ago.

[deleted]
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 10:29 PM | Message # 36

Rappers
i know.... but then it went all down hill

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
NtG Date: Friday, 03/Apr/09, 10:31 PM | Message # 37

Heads
yep

[deleted]
thehlaw Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 7:34 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
If a kid is so dumb that they cant portrey the difference between a song, and real life, then they are.... well.... no informed.
Like in Hit em Up, pac makes a claim that "They Kill Bad Boy" and that type of shit.
I'd be somewhat surprised if Pac ever actually did kill a bad boy asscociate. Maybe pull a gun out, and bluff it, but not actually do it.
To be honest I think most rappers who say they are hard, arent.

You got to remember that both Pac and Big both most Likley lost there lives over that false reality!
PEACE
JB

STOP THE VIOLENCE
Chinita Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 7:41 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (thehlaw)
You got to remember that both Pac and Big both most Likley lost there lives over that false reality!
PEACE
JB

hey JB, good to see you in here..

Quote (Pensmoke)
Rap and Hip Hop are powerful tools. They can be used for good or bad purposes. If you let your children listen to something negative about killing, smoking weed, pimpin and disrespecting women, and full of profanity, then you are an idiot, bottom line. Young kids are like sponges, they soak up every bit of information around them and try to copy what they see and hear. Since the artists don't care about censoring their stuff the parents need to be the ones to keep negative music away from their kids. Most parents now days don't care. They allow their kids to watch anything on TV and listen to any music they want. It's their fault that the kids end up being bad.

I agree it is a powerful tool and kids do follow..

Menace Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 8:15 PM | Message # 40

Heads
first educate your kid and you will see he ain't gonna fall for shit thats my say

thehlaw Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 10:50 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
Here is a statement from KRS ONe also, Be careful what you rap about because it may come true. Now Tupac I have never been in jail until I started rapping. So just think about that how that false reality turns into reality. And also hip hop music is the only music where they question you on what you say such as yo he said he is a blood from compton. Now any other entity in the entertainment industry never questions this why only hip hop? I as a fan of hip hop music that you have heard a friend or someone say I dont like this artist because all theese hood dudes say he was never a real blood. And that is mostly the younger kids saying this. So they do take it as reality and they do look up to theese dudes and want to be just like them. So to say it has no influence on the children is crazy and any music in that matter inflluences people and behavor. Lets take a country music fan how is he going to want to dress, what will he want to do and what will he want to drive. If he is a big fan of that music it does ifluence his behavior. Think about that with every music genre.
PEACE
JB

STOP THE VIOLENCE
Chinita Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 11:29 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (thehlaw)
Here is a statement from KRS ONe also, Be careful what you rap about because it may come true. Now Tupac I have never been in jail until I started rapping. So just think about that how that false reality turns into reality. And also hip hop music is the only music where they question you on what you say such as yo he said he is a blood from compton. Now any other entity in the entertainment industry never questions this why only hip hop? I as a fan of hip hop music that you have heard a friend or someone say I dont like this artist because all theese hood dudes say he was never a real blood. And that is mostly the younger kids saying this. So they do take it as reality and they do look up to theese dudes and want to be just like them. So to say it has no influence on the children is crazy and any music in that matter inflluences people and behavor. Lets take a country music fan how is he going to want to dress, what will he want to do and what will he want to drive. If he is a big fan of that music it does ifluence his behavior. Think about that with every music genre.
PEACE
JB

true i like that example about the country music and yea its any music, music changes our mood..music feeds our minds, spirit and soul. plays a big part in our emotions.. notice when u listen to music how our emotions can change from even a bad mood to a good mood or vise versa, music is a powerfull tool to our minds that if used in the right way does influence these kids and can be used for education because kids will listen to every word, recite every word and will follow.. its what we see happening in this world today, how easily influence these kids are getting with some of that music u hear now..

Quote (Menace)
first educate your kid and you will see he ain't gonna fall for shit thats my say

yes you first educate them now remember everything you do and say they follow so you have to know they are influence by everything around them and thats including music, the people around you, who your friends are can make a big difference, your parents, your surroundings..music is no different, kids are young and still developing a mind of their own so why poison it in any way..they will see and hear all this anyway so why let it into your home when they are still discovering themselves? kids and i mean kids like 3 to 11 will follow what they see and hear..

you have two kinds of people, you have "followers" and you have "leaders" so you really dont know what your childs personalty is going to be like so like i said why take that chance as a parent either way? you cant go back and change it..when your children are kids you still dont know which lead they will take, the followers will be more influenced by music, their surroundings, their peers etc even if raised exactly the same way.. look at me and one of my sisters, raised in the same house by the same mom and dad and she turned out to be more a follower..did whatever her friends did to impress them, she was easily influence by peer pressure, drugs, music and a crazy lifestyle... me on the other hand was always a leader, chose better friends, didnt let things influence me or my decisions but until you know for sure if your child will be a leader again i say why take that chance anyway..another example is my teens..i raised them all exactly the same way yet all three have different personalities.. i educated them and tought them well but if u met them believe me you wouldnt think they were raised in the same house with the same rules..you can't garantee that your child will be that leader some want and will get influence by anything around him..

look at these girls and this pop music now, how they dress and act..most teen girls see and do what they see on tv or magazines and music no matter what gene it is..

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Does Rap Put Teens at Risk? (Article)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: