[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Hip Hop Head or A Rap Fan? ((Do You Know The Difference?))
Hip Hop Head or A Rap Fan?
Chinita Date: Thursday, 23/Jul/09, 4:38 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (Acekat00o)
9 Months later

LOL

Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 23/Jul/09, 6:07 PM | Message # 17

Heads
lol I see this topic picked up right where it left off lol

Sick With It
BobO Date: Tuesday, 18/Aug/09, 7:59 AM | Message # 18

Rappers
the apocalipse has begun once the black nigga is stayn in top of the America in 3 or 4 years from now on we'll starve to death for those who will don't accept the implanted chip and for those who will, they'll commit suicide cuz' their chip will tell them to

Added (18/Aug/09, 7:59 Am)
---------------------------------------------
this topic is the king of deviation LMAO :D

Don't miss the chainchancetrain cuz' your brain might regret his traces

Message edited by BobO - Tuesday, 18/Aug/09, 8:04 AM
ALCATRAZ Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 5:06 PM | Message # 19

Writers
I feel as though a hip hop "head" is someone who is fully immersed in the culture, meaning that they are interested in the lifestyle past simply beats and rhymes ... whereas a rap "fan" may still be immersed in the culture, but not to the same extent as to imply that the rap "fan" lives a hip hop "lifestyle" ...

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 5:07 PM
eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 5:12 PM | Message # 20

Heads
^^^ I agree with that to an extent, but I think it goes a little further. The person who is just a rap fan has a hard time distinguishing between hip hop culture and pop culture, specifically the rap music that exists within pop culture and came from, but does not fully represent the essence of, hip hop. They may like rap and hip hop, just as a hip hop head may, but they lack an understanding of the cultures and their differences and tend to blend pop culture and hip hop culture when trying to understand each of them and wind up lacking a full understanding of hip hop as a result.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 7:45 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
The person who is just a rap fan has a hard time distinguishing between hip hop culture and pop culture, specifically the rap music that exists within pop culture and came from, but does not fully represent the essence of, hip hop. They may like rap and hip hop, just as a hip hop head may, but they lack an understanding of the cultures and their differences and tend to blend pop culture and hip hop culture when trying to understand each of them and wind up lacking a full understanding of hip hop as a result.

i agree, lack an understanding of the culture or doesn't even know it is a culture. i think some pop and rap fans are just so lost in the commercial world that they don't see or know anything else. :(

Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Nov/09, 8:55 PM | Message # 22

Heads
its a cultural thing as in the original Punk Rock formula in the days of Crass or Dead Kennedys , hip hop is a social movement has a set of distinctive sounds , ideas etc.

YANHAP1 Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 7:13 AM | Message # 23

DJs
Quote (LadyChinita)
i think some pop and rap fans are just so lost in the commercial world that they don't see or know anything else.

^^^^
Bump

Quote (Menace)
its a cultural thing as in the original Punk Rock formula in the days of Crass or Dead Kennedys , hip hop is a social movement has a set of distinctive sounds , ideas etc.

^^^^
Bump

+Blues,Jazz,Rocksteady,Ska,Roots Reggae,Skinhead,Teddy Boys,Mod etc

who killed bambi?

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 08/Nov/09, 12:47 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
I feel as though a hip hop "head" is someone who is fully immersed in the culture, meaning that they are interested in the lifestyle past simply beats and rhymes ... whereas a rap "fan" may still be immersed in the culture, but not to the same extent as to imply that the rap "fan" lives a hip hop "lifestyle" ...

Well I don't necassarily dress like a Hiphop fan. I don't wear dickies or tilt my hat. I have long blonde hair. I wear things that most skaters would wear, minus those gay skinny jeans.
I don't talk like a hiphop head. I don't say "son" or "dog". I don't refer to my freinds as homies.
I think the lifestyle of hiphop has more to do with self-expression than it does with looking like who you listen to.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 25/Dec/09, 11:21 PM | Message # 25

Writers
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Well I don't necassarily dress like a Hiphop fan. I don't wear dickies or tilt my hat. I have long blonde hair. I wear things that most skaters would wear, minus those gay skinny jeans.
I don't talk like a hiphop head. I don't say "son" or "dog". I don't refer to my freinds as homies.
I think the lifestyle of hiphop has more to do with self-expression than it does with looking like who you listen to.

It's a state of mind, homie. Even though fashion is important in hip hop culture it does not define the validity of a hip hop purist.

I_Guy Date: Monday, 28/Dec/09, 1:13 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
It's a state of mind

What would you define as being this state of mind?

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 28/Dec/09, 11:45 PM | Message # 27

Heads
let me guess..

"you're a mind reader you should tell me" :p jk

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ALCATRAZ Date: Tuesday, 29/Dec/09, 2:27 AM | Message # 28

Writers
Quote (I_Guy)
What would you define as being this state of mind?

The self.

Bacon took my quote out of context and assumed that I was implying you needed to dress a certain way to validate yourself in hip hop. By me saying it's a "state of mind", all I'm saying is that being yourself is enough. To be hip hop is to be proud of who you are, and not to follow a certain code, or trend. Punk is very similar, to add on to what Menace said. People often assume that to be punk is to have crazy hair and pins in your jacket, but that is all a byproduct. To be punk is to be yourself, to not conform and to earn your own keep. The DIY method was revolutionized by the punks of the late 70's and early 80's, and the sub-culture is still growing today.

But yeah, be yourself. That's what I mean. Clothes are secondary.

HipHopHead Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 5:04 PM | Message # 29

Emcees
It differs for everyone in my opinion, but i think the different is that you can either have songs and talk about it, or dig deeper to find the essence, the lifestyle, the reason, etc etc and thats what makes me a hip hop head >.>

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Hip Hop Head or A Rap Fan? ((Do You Know The Difference?))
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: