[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Nas Likens “D.O.A.” to Hip-Hop Is Dead
Nas Likens “D.O.A.” to Hip-Hop Is Dead
Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:11 PM | Message # 1

Heads
While tracks like KRS-One and Buckshot’s “Robot” crusade against Auto-Tune, Nas says people will miss T-Pain’s preferred vocal effect.

According to the Boston Herald, Nas says Auto-Tune is “hot,”but not what he records, or listens to.

“Auto-Tune’s gonna be the shit like 10 years from now,” Nas tells the Boston Herald. “We’re gonna all remember that time when Auto-Tune was what everyone was doing. And you need moments like that. It’s like, ‘Wow, remember when everybody had synthesizer beats? Or remember when everybody used to do cuts in their choruses? Or use this kind of sample or use that kind of drum machine? It’s just another moment in music.”

The Queensbridge rapper—who insists Auto-Tune will not be found on his upcoming collaboration with Damian Marley, Distant Relatives—likens Jay-Z’s “D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)” to his own quasi-eulogy, 2006’s Hip-Hop is Dead.

“Everything comes to an end and goes to a new phase,” Nas said. “So records like ‘D.O.A.’ have to be made right now. That’s why I did ‘Hip Hop Is Dead.’ These records have to be made. It’s rappers making records that resemble what the real rap sounds like to shake up all this other (stuff).”

Nas marked an milestone in his life yesterday (June 22), when at-odds wife Kelis gave birth to his first son, Knight.

The couple—currently embroiled in a heated divorce case—missed yesterday’s court date so Kelis could deliver their first child.

When asked how his drama with Kelis would affect his new record, Nasty Nas had this say, “You know what it’s funny, I never know if (personal drama) is gonna influence the music until I’m making it. The record I’m working on now has a focus; it’s me and Damian (Marley) and we have our focus and we already started working on for a few months now. So I have no idea. It’s interesting though. I’m interested to see it myself, you know?”

As of press time there is no release date on Distant Relatives. The duo is currently headlining the Rock the Bells Tour.

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:54 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Kelis is tryna strip Nas for alot of money I hear
Quote (LadyChinita)
“Auto-Tune’s gonna be the shit like 10 years from now,” Nas tells the Boston Herald. “We’re gonna all remember that time when Auto-Tune was what everyone was doing. And you need moments like that. It’s like, ‘Wow, remember when everybody had synthesizer beats? Or remember when everybody used to do cuts in their choruses? Or use this kind of sample or use that kind of drum machine? It’s just another moment in music.”

I hope he isnt saying that as a good thing...

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 5:58 PM | Message # 3

Heads
man fuck him

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 6:55 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
I hope he isnt saying that as a good thing...

he's trippin

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 6:58 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Nas really lost ALOT of respect from me.......I may sound like a hypocrite or watever, but Nas cant seriously expect to get respect for making real music, but constantly supporting these stupid-ass trends...........Dude is seriously a sell-out lol I see why yall say it now

Sick With It
Render215 Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 8:09 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
Which is worse? AutoTune... or the tight ass, trendy, moronic clothing people sport nowadays?

Pop your collars... lol.. All this Bullshit is here to stay apparently...

I have some friends who don't know a goddamn thing about hip hop... And they love them some autotune..

The same people who find their music on Q102... Give me a break...

Autotune should die along with Cher... lol. It's an abomination to music...

It will live on as long as the blind march along to whatever beat they've been prescribed by radio stations..

Suckers.

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
Menace Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 8:29 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)
It’s rappers making records that resemble what the real rap sounds like to shake up all this other (stuff).”

i like this part this other stuff needs not to be shaken up but really blown up

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Wednesday, 22/Jul/09, 9:07 PM | Message # 8

Rappers
I'm ready to kill someone now

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Nas Likens “D.O.A.” to Hip-Hop Is Dead
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: