[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Limited Release Art Project to Commemorate 20 Years of RZA (available on January 1 (limited))
Limited Release Art Project to Commemorate 20 Years of RZA
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 29/Dec/09, 11:35 PM | Message # 1

Heads
A very limited run of fine-art prints will be made available on January 1 to commemorate the 20-year-long career of esteemed producer and MC the RZA. The project, titled Victory or Death, is a collaborative effort between the RZA (Robert Diggs) and creative company When Art Imitates Life (WAIL). WAIL is operated by hip-hop celebrities Sway and King Tech of the Wake Up Show–among other notable appearances–in conjunction with the L.A.-based SceneFour.

Details on the project are rather limited, other than the New Year’s Day release date and the production number: only 360 prints will be released to the public. Diggs discusses the upcoming work by claiming, “It didn’t begin 20 years ago…more like 200 years ago. And when you see the piece we’re making right here, you’re going to know what I’m talking about. We’re about to rewrite and change history.”

Interested parties may sign up for a mailing list to receive updates as they transgress, as well as view a short video put out about the project which features commentary from the RZA. This will mark a new step in a career that has already taken Diggs from music producer to composer (Kill Bill), author (Tao of Wu) and actor (American Gangster). In 2010 the Wu-Tang Clan founder and the group’s leading beatsmith will celebrate two decades since the release of his debut EP Oh We Love You Rakeem in 1990.

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 30/Dec/09, 0:51 AM | Message # 2

Heads
wooooo hoooooo bounce

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Saturday, 02/Jan/10, 8:27 PM | Message # 3

Heads
i got some alert in my email, i was confused..i think we have to register on their website or order it.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Limited Release Art Project to Commemorate 20 Years of RZA (available on January 1 (limited))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: