[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » MF Grimm @ Comic-Con
MF Grimm @ Comic-Con
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 6:31 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
I've had this story for a while, but most of the cats I know don't give a fuck, thought I'd let yall know.

I went down to comic-con not realizing that MF Grimm wrote a comic and was not really expecting to see him. For some strange reason I brought my copy of Sentences with me to read on the plane, and for some reason I brought it to the convention center as well. I couldn't get in the first day and was kicking it on the stairs when I see a group of cats and one of them dudes was in a wheel chair. I paid no mind at first but then it clicked that I was at a fucking comic convention and dude wrote a damn comic. So I go down there but dude bounced by the time I got there. I asked the driver and dude told me it was Grimm. Eventually I made it in there and I'm searching for this cat. After like 15 minutes I get through this crowd and this cat is in the center just passing out flyers for Tyrese, mu'fuckers oblivious to who they're ignoring. I point at em and yell "Grimm", he just looks up and was hella cool. Shook hands, and I was chopping it up with him for a minute when I start mentioning his book and my favorite tracks. This cat comes out with a CD-R, a fucking burnt copy of some shit that aint even out yet. Cat autographed it and everything. This cat gave me his number, not sure why but I thought that was pretty cool too. Shit was sick as fuck.

This cat is prolly tied for my favorite all-time MC with Jus Allah, and was just sick as fuck I got to meet him. Sorry for the pics being so big, not sure why there like that, but wanted to show yall.

Inside cover of my copy of sentences

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Chinita Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 7:06 PM | Message # 2

Heads
sounds like a dream, u must of been on cloud nine, what a great storyyy :)love that sig/autograph..laminate it, put it in a safe deposit box :) i never saw any of the comics..thanks for sharing this great story

love this one, can't believe you only got 29 views on it..

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 8:09 PM | Message # 3

Heads
that's pretty cool, i haven't heard much from him yet but i've read about his story etc and all the shit he's been through, damn he's an inspiration.

have any of the songs on that CD been released yet? that's pretty dope he gave you that, lol and he gave you his number

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 9:05 PM | Message # 4

Heads
man, that's dope! sounds like a cool dude! did you ever call him?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 9:14 PM | Message # 5

Heads
i would call and say "do you want to join rhhf" :) haha

eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 9:16 PM | Message # 6

Heads
lol! man, i'm still not ready to let Percee P know about us. we are nowhere near professional enough to handle exposure like that yet.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 10:33 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
have any of the songs on that CD been released yet? that's pretty dope he gave you that, lol and he gave you his number

Yeah it was his mixtape "Story", i just got it a month early :D
did you ever call him?

Naw, I aint no groupie, but will use it for something one day. something slightly related, i was trying to cop the jet jaguar album but was super expensive, i e-mailed him and he responded asking for my address. i never got a copy, figure he was just hella busy but the fact that he responded was cool. He also posted one of my videos on his blog.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Chinita Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 10:43 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
lol! man, i'm still not ready to let Percee P know about us. we are nowhere near professional

haha so trueee

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 20/Dec/09, 1:39 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
HAHA yo peep this shit. tell me why i get home fri. night all tired and shit and i sees this package on my bed. im like what the fuck i aint order shit. so i open it and theres an autograph copy of MF Grimm- American Hunger (3disc LP) with a hand written thank you note from day by day ent. thats how you show love to a fan. i will always and forever speak up for this cat on how underrated he is and how much he's done in the game. truly an inspiration to me for all the stuff he's had to over come.

abanks47 Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 3:37 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
UPDATE: went back to comkic con this year and shit was dope. he remembered me from last year and took a pic with him.

Treach Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 4:18 PM | Message # 11

OGs
thats fuckin awesome man!

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Joker13 Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 4:27 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
lucky nigga

Added (17/Sep/10, 4:27 PM)
---------------------------------------------
i only seen shad walk by me once lol

Bape Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 5:00 PM | Message # 13

Emcees
Lucky muuuhfuuuu*k!!!!

Treach Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 5:03 PM | Message # 14

OGs
i never knew grimm was cool like that

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
Strykah Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 6:23 PM | Message # 15

Blocked
Whats a comic con?

Im not Racist ....im just alot better then other races

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » MF Grimm @ Comic-Con
Search: