[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Is David Banner's "The Movement" Genuine or Fake?
Is David Banner's "The Movement" Genuine or Fake?
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 15/Mar/12, 2:14 AM | Message # 1

Heads
David Banner is putting out a new album/mixtape called "Sex, Drugs & Video Games"

he's aiming to get 2 Million people to download this mixtape and asking each to donate at least $1 as part of "The Movement"

http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/news....15-4866

this is what they say about it

“Sex, Drugs and Video Games” is a free mixtape, but Banner is asking for fans to support “The Movement”. The goal of “Sex, Drugs & Video Games” is to show the world Urban music is still valuable. And how is he going to do that? Banner needs 2 million of you to download this mixtape for free, then he needs the same 2 million of you to donate at least $1 to the movement; but feel free to donate more, as there is no maximum donation.

And what is “The Movement” you may ask? This movement is to start controlling our own music, movies and content…PERIOD! As David Banner states “We are not simply characters in a video game being controlled by the invisible hand. Once this donation goal is met, I’m going to shoot a movie that will drop 5-22-2013 and a portion of the donations are also going to charity. Big shout out to Louie C.K. for the motivation. Download this mixtape for FREE and make sure to support the movement. Hell, even if you don’t like me, at least support the movement, because that’s what this is all really about.”

What do you think this? Is this a genuine Movement to help artists be in control of their own music and careers and make money for themselves, relying on just the people, to get the people to show how much they're input is worth? Or is David Banner simply just trying to make money off people for a mixtape and calling it a movement to see how many people they can get to give them money if they make them think they're being part of some cause?

here's the song etc, I'm not sure if I should even put it on the main page coz its not even a good song imo

Here’s the new single, “Believe,” featuring fellow Mississippi native, BIG K.R.I.T off David Banner’s upcoming mixtape, “Sex, Drugs and Video Games,” scheduled to release on 5-22-2012.

“Sex, Drugs and Video Games” is a free mixtape, but Banner is asking for fans to support “The Movement”. The goal of “Sex, Drugs & Video Games” is to show the world Urban music is still valuable. And how is he going to do that? Banner needs 2 million of you to download this mixtape for free, then he needs the same 2 million of you to donate at least $1 to the movement; but feel free to donate more, as there is no maximum donation.

And what is “The Movement” you may ask? This movement is to start controlling our own music, movies and content…PERIOD! As David Banner states “We are not simply characters in a video game being controlled by the invisible hand. Once this donation goal is met, I’m going to shoot a movie that will drop 5-22-2013 and a portion of the donations are also going to charity. Big shout out to Louie C.K. for the motivation. Download this mixtape for FREE and make sure to support the movement. Hell, even if you don’t like me, at least support the movement, because that’s what this is all really about.”

Support the Movement at www.DavidBanner.com

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Greeny Date: Thursday, 15/Mar/12, 6:24 AM | Message # 2

OGs
It's very suspicious really... He might stand for those things this movement is in effort of, but what he's doing is making an example of himself. What is the movement in effort of anyway? That consumers get to demand the supply? lawl. Seems he wants to prove to people that indie musicians can make money by making money himself.
When he's made over 2 million dollars, what have people achieved? He's made 2 million dollars, and 2 million people are now convinced that one person can make 2 million dollars if 2 million chip in. Don't give a fuck what he spends his money on, I don't see what we get out of it. A movie starring him, oh swell, feel so special having funded this movie.
He might as well have said "hey people, unite to make me rich, it'll be cool.."
Maybe I just don't get it.

If that's the cover art, he must've gone way out on feature budget...

:)
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Is David Banner's "The Movement" Genuine or Fake?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: