EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 2:56 AM | Message # 46

Heads
coz it was getting homosexual in there

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 6:13 AM | Message # 47

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
LOL I know where this is going. Its just fishing for an arguement basically, and I aint biting the hook.
I've heard all the :
"If God is_____ then why doesn't He_____?"
Or:
"If God can do _____then why does ____happen?"
I am more than fully convinced that noone here will be swayed by anything I have to say in the matter of God. Honestly thats not what I am here for anyway.
I am not here to "preach" to anyone but I have had to defend myself WAY too many times on a website that I THOUGHT was supposed to be about the preservation of real Hip Hop. If anything all these threads in the so-called "Knowledge/Political" section are damaging to the site getting new members who don't think like the majority of people here. It's really kind of clique-ish. Do you people think all Hip Hop heads think like you and agree with your views? I aint gonna stand for people having the nads to talk down to me like I'm some kinda dumbass. Its getting old real quick honestly.

Word. I'm not saying that you're the one being disrespectful necessarily Erik but you do start a lot of the arguements and I can't be bothered with that.

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 6:31 AM | Message # 48

Heads
okay here's how i think it goes:

I don't believe there's a "future" I believe there is only the present and the memories of the past and visions and plans of future. Now why God is all knowing is because he know's all in the present. Why God prophesy's or know's what is going to happen is because there are things God would have planned to happen. As in God can change circumstances or things around you which will effect what would happen to happen the way God wants it to. But I think these are only for certain things. But really we have free will and what we do is made by our own doing and decisions. Its just that when God plans for something such as Jesus death on the cross or something like that. But I don't believe God plans like every single thing we do if you know what i mean.

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 11:18 AM | Message # 49

Emcees
God is Jealous and wants us to love him in our flesh state......so, yeah - he gave us free will while we're in our flesh -
As for the All knowing/all powerful etc. thing..........He's simply All Mighty and we will not know any answers cuz we've already been shown and told that GOD is unfathomable.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 12:39 PM | Message # 50

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
Word. I'm not saying that you're the one being disrespectful necessarily Erik but you do start a lot of the arguements and I can't be bothered with that.

read my comment above a little better. i'm not here for argument's sake. we're discussing this in class and i wanted to see if religious people (not just theologians, but common folk within religions) truly believe in the 4 omnis and for those that do, do they truly believe we have free will? also, can those that believe in both explain it in a way that would debunk the idea that the omnis offset free will. it's simply for the purposes of my class. that's all.

Quote (EmSeeD)
I don't believe there's a "future" I believe there is only the present and the memories of the past and visions and plans of future. Now why God is all knowing is because he know's all in the present. Why God prophesy's or know's what is going to happen is because there are things God would have planned to happen. As in God can change circumstances or things around you which will effect what would happen to happen the way God wants it to. But I think these are only for certain things. But really we have free will and what we do is made by our own doing and decisions. Its just that when God plans for something such as Jesus death on the cross or something like that. But I don't believe God plans like every single thing we do if you know what i mean.

the problem with that is all knowing means all. i was actually toying with that same notion, but if someone is all knowing he knows all. there are no exceptions. future events CANNOT be discluded, unless it is SPECIFICALLY stated that he is all knowing of everything present and before, but nothing in the future. as for the rest of your presentation, i feel that i think i know where you are going. yes, he's omnipotent (all powerful), but he doesn't exert this power at all times. he allows us to use our free will. that is a strong argument in the other direction actually. thank you for sharing.

Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
God is Jealous and wants us to love him in our flesh state......so, yeah - he gave us free will while we're in our flesh -
As for the All knowing/all powerful etc. thing..........He's simply All Mighty and we will not know any answers cuz we've already been shown and told that GOD is unfathomable.

what is your definition for all mighty? i'd love to understand this, but that term seems a bit abstract, like any definition could apply. i'd love to hear your take on it though.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 1:09 PM | Message # 51

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
the problem with that is all knowing means all. i was actually toying with that same notion, but if someone is all knowing he knows all. there are no exceptions. future events CANNOT be discluded, unless it is SPECIFICALLY stated that he is all knowing of everything present and before, but nothing in the future. as for the rest of your presentation, i feel that i think i know where you are going. yes, he's omnipotent (all powerful), but he doesn't exert this power at all times. he allows us to use our free will. that is a strong argument in the other direction actually. thank you for sharing.

he doesn't exert this power at all times ?? but he is all powerful the supreme entity religion tells us that everything goes trough his filter in order to study this 4 omnis we must really study the God itself the psychology of God cause this has to do whit his psychology i am currently searching some papers on the psychology of God presented by the Abrahamic religions

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 1:14 PM | Message # 52

Heads
Quote (Menace)
he doesn't exert this power at all times ?? but he is all powerful the supreme entity religion tells us that everything goes trough his filter in order to study this 4 omnis we must really study the God itself the psychology of God cause this has to do whit his psychology i am currently searching some papers on the psychology of God presented by the Abrahamic religions

what i mean is that he is all powerful, but he allows people to have free will. that is a possible and relevant rebuttle.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 2:42 PM | Message # 53

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
what i mean is that he is all powerful, but he allows people to have free will. that is a possible and relevant rebuttle.

but that's a little bit contradictory , anyone whit a fair amount of religious studies can point out that nothing is accomplished whit out God here's a very good article on Free will and Christianity actual bible and Koran studies shows us that we don't really have free will http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/christianity_freewill.html

ill Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 2:46 PM | Message # 54

Emcees
lol it makes me laugh, we debate god and his ways, why doesnt he just show the world he exists so we can all go to heaven?

The World Is Yours
ill Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 2:56 PM | Message # 55

Emcees
but what if you dont know he exists

The World Is Yours
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 2:57 PM | Message # 56

Emcees
Quote (ill)
lol it makes me laugh, we debate god and his ways, why doesnt he just show the world he exists so we can all go to heaven

that was his original plan until Lucifer fucked him over cuz he was jealous of his creation(us) because GOD showed us as much love as his own tribe of Angels.....Then he wanted to prove that we could be given free choice in the flesh and still love GOD 1st over Satan....... Satan is more powerful than we think, even tho' it's blatently obvious how much control he has on our actions

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 3:21 PM | Message # 57

Heads
Quote (ill)
but what if you dont know he exists

then you don't have faith.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 3:23 PM | Message # 58

Emcees
but thats fucked if you havnt heard of christianity you live in the jungle or something and you die your going to hell?

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 3:27 PM | Message # 59

Heads
Quote (ill)
but thats fucked if you havnt heard of christianity you live in the jungle or something and you die your going to hell?

there are bible verses stating that those ignorant of God will not be punished, but as long as they live a good life they go to heaven and become educated about God then.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 3:45 PM | Message # 60

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

i was thinking about this last night and i think since God know's everyone's thoughts he know's what they are thinking of doing next.

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » God & The 4 Omnis
Search: