[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Curse Of Ham ((The Way Religion Justified Slavery))
Curse Of Ham
Menace Date: Thursday, 23/Oct/08, 3:04 PM | Message # 1

Heads
The "curse of Ham" Book of Genesis 9:20-27 had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham. They were often called Hamites and were believed to have descended through Canaan or his older brothers. This racist theory was widely held during the 18th-20th centuries, but it has been largely abandoned since the mid-20th century. This main story was used in the Atlantic slave trade to justify and show proof why africans must serve most blacks that arrived in america were converted to christianity and told to serve the white man and pray to the christian god so he can lift this curse from them

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:03 PM | Message # 2

OGs
u got that from wikipedia didnt you tongue

i no cos ive read it..

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:04 PM | Message # 3

OGs
racism has no place in Christ's true church...maybe the heretics like mormonism or w/e...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:07 PM | Message # 4

OGs
It was really in the 18-20th cent.. and it wasnt justified by real christians.. just the fake ones that dont go church. but the church has justified wars before, but the curse of ham is just a bs theory, made by bs people.

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:09 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
racism has no place in Christ's true church...maybe the heretics like mormonism or w/e...

the Catholic Church used the Curse Of ham to rape the African continent you ever heard of the Jesuits and the mission they had in Africa or Americas in the colonial time ?? you think they gone there whit bibles and songs no they gone there whit bibles and swords wink don't play the blame game when your past is more darker then anyone's on this wretched earth

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:11 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
It was really in the 18-20th cent.. and it wasnt justified by real christians.. just the fake ones that dont go church. but the church has justified wars before, but the curse of ham is just a bs theory, made by bs people.

in the US blacks were called Hamitics read some diaries of the old slaves in the US and you will see

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:14 PM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Menace)
don't play the blame game when your past is more darker then anyone's on this wretched earth

Who are you talking about?

Quote (Menace)
blacks were called Hamitics

yh i no this sayin.. europeans/indians/persians r called caucation
jews/turks/arabs are semetic and black people from africa and australia hamitic..

wink

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:16 PM | Message # 8

OGs
Quote (Menace)
the Catholic Church used the Curse Of ham to rape the African continent you ever heard of the Jesuits and the mission they had in Africa or Americas in the colonial time ?? you think they gone there whit bibles and songs no they gone there whit bibles and swords wink don't play the blame game when your past is more darker then anyone's on this wretched earth

my past is not the Catholic church....i myself have a few problems with this church
what do you mean by 'rape'?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:16 PM
Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:22 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
yh i no this sayin.. europeans/indians/persians r called caucation
jews/turks/arabs are semetic and black people from africa and australia hamitic..

no actually blacks were called NEGROID or Negro in Spanish that's why southern slave owners called them Negroes or Niggers cause they couldn't pronounce it and Hamitic was used asn slave enhancement for slave owners

Quote (ThaScience)
Who are you talking about?

Some Christians cause they are always playing the blame game people like Sodr2 people that are Fundamentalists keep their own and they don't reconcile whit other people or religions because they are THE TRUTH and keeping it 100% theirs and denying everyone that can be called FANATICISM and its very dangerous world progress can't be made whit such people how we can touch the religious gaps whit such kind of people

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:29 PM | Message # 10

OGs
Quote (Menace)
no actually blacks were called NEGROID or Negro in Spanish that's why southern slave owners called them Negroes or Niggers cause they couldn't pronounce it and Hamitic was used asn slave enhancement for slave owners

Yes I know they are called a Negroid race and Negro means Black in Spanish, its nothing racist at all. Only when it is pronounced in the typical American accent its used as a racial slur. but Blanco Negro just means white black in Spanish. Hamitic, was used to describe the sub-saharan africans aka the people below the saharan desert.. ok.

Quote (Menace)
Some Christians cause they are always playing the blame game people like Sodr2 people that are Fundamentalists keep their own and they don't reconcile whit other people or religions because they are THE TRUTH and keeping it 100% theirs and denying everyone that can be called FANATICISM and its very dangerous world progress can't be made whit such people how we can touch the religious gaps whit such kind of people

So your basically saying that "some christians" are

Quote (Menace)
darker then anyone's on this wretched earth

So everything thats gone wrong in our homo sapian history.. only christians, or what ur basically trying to say, white europeans.. no one else has done worse huh? ok, nice to know that.. peace

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 7:31 PM | Message # 11

OGs
Quote (Menace)

i have respect....but menace, think for a second...if i believed in my religion, why would i believe in others?? that doesnt mean i dont respect other religions, sheesh...basically youre saying this to every single person out there who has a religion

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 8:37 PM | Message # 12

Heads
some Nation of Islam or something like that also did a similar thing, they said the people of Edom (or maybe it was another name) were white people and used some verse to justify being racist against white people saying God didn't like them or something

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 8:45 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
some Nation of Islam or something like that also did a similar thing, they said the people of Edom (or maybe it was another name) were white people and used some verse to justify being racist against white people saying God didn't like them or something

no it was Yakub they translated it from Jacob twisted it and got a new idea

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:00 PM | Message # 14

OGs
Quote (EmSeeD)
Nation of Islam

there a joke, did u no malcolm x thinks hes a decendent from the tribe of shabaz, or smething like that.. an evil scientist with black skin and culy staright hair (maybe from india lol i dont no, n its a popular name in that region lol) that came into eastern africa and went into the middle part of africa and got lost and went mad.. thats why black ppl have the type of hair they do cos they had to adapt to the jungle... << thats what the great malcolm x thought.. and nation of krookss. they aint muslim at all. there leader was some peahodophila or smethin lol. dont take anything NOI sys serios.

Menace Date: Sunday, 05/Jul/09, 9:14 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
there a joke, did u no malcolm x thinks hes a decendent from the tribe of shabaz, or smething like that.. an evil scientist with black skin and culy staright hair (maybe from india lol i dont no, n its a popular name in that region lol) that came into eastern africa and went into the middle part of africa and got lost and went mad.. thats why black ppl have the type of hair they do cos they had to adapt to the jungle... << thats what the great malcolm x thought.. and nation of krookss. they aint muslim at all. there leader was some peahodophila or smethin lol. dont take anything NOI sys serios.

don't mock Malcolm man you ever studied his life ?? after his pilgrimage to Mecca he renounced the NOI and that actually got him killed the NOI backed by the COINTELPRO killed him he even changed his name he was a changed man after his pilgrimage to Mecca and the NOI helped the black community taking that from them is nasty

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Curse Of Ham ((The Way Religion Justified Slavery))
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: