[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Problem of Evil FINALLY REFUTED.. BY A FELLOW ATHEIST LMFAO! (after 2,500 YEARS!)
Problem of Evil FINALLY REFUTED.. BY A FELLOW ATHEIST LMFAO!
eboyd Date: Sunday, 01/Nov/09, 11:59 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Lol! Everyone knew theist logic couldn't possibly tackle this hurdle, so a fellow atheist had to do it for them :D (no offense to theists, but most of you have logic that = FAIL)

Anyways, I was google surfing and I came across the blog linked below which I believe successfully refuted the problem of evil, a philosophical refutation of the theological version of the God hypothesis (it doesn't refute the deist God) that has stood for 2,500 years now since Epicurus conjured it. I truly believe that this refutation is a sound one. However, if theists are to accept this logic, they will have to conclude that their concept of evil is subjective and I do not see too many theist doing that any time soon, so from a theist's standpoint, based on this, I would say that the argument still stands. I want to see other people's opinions on this. Do you think this refutation is sound? Are there any holes that you can pinpoint in this refutation or do you concur with it?:

http://nomorehornets.blogspot.com/2008/06/what-problem-of-evil.html

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:12 AM | Message # 2

Heads
There's no refuting it. He's addressing the conception of evil. Theists address the essence of evil. But either way there would be no God controlling the "problem of evil."

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:19 AM | Message # 3

Heads
And I addressed that. Like I said, no theist would accept this refutation because it would counteract with their presupposition that evil is objective, but let's suppose that theists are not in the picture. I think this is a perfectly sound refutation. Wouldn't you agree?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:31 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
And I addressed that. Like I said, no theist would accept this refutation because it would counteract with their presupposition that evil is objective, but let's suppose that theists are not in the picture. I think this is a perfectly sound refutation. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah I agree. (I wasn't clear but, when I said "There's no refuting it," I meant no refuting the blog article, just in case you misinterpreted.) But yeah I agree. And the fact that it is by a fellow atheist is a riot. Although not surprising.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Nov/09, 3:36 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Oh, my bad. :D

Yeah, I found it quite hilarious that an atheist came up with the refutation, but I expected that it wouldn't be possible from any religious standpoint. That was the whole point of the post :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Problem of Evil FINALLY REFUTED.. BY A FELLOW ATHEIST LMFAO! (after 2,500 YEARS!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: