[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Scholarly Studies Show Racism & Religious Reform... ((Directly linked to problems resulting from drug prohibition)
Scholarly Studies Show Racism & Religious Reform...
eboyd Date: Thursday, 06/Nov/08, 3:06 PM | Message # 1

Heads
check the link:

http://books.google.com/books?h....PA13,M1

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 06/Nov/08, 3:20 PM | Message # 2

Heads
WOOOW thats interestin yo and eric if u have books or name of books or such things like this gimme a PM cause i am always interested

eboyd Date: Friday, 07/Nov/08, 0:25 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Alright, for sure. I usually read novels though. I'm reading "Finnegan's Wake" now. The language is SOOOOO heavy that getting through the first page is a chore. And it isn't that it is so proper either. Every other sentence contains a pentuple entender and it starts in mid sentence. The first paragraph creates a cycle and has puns on HCE, the initials of the man who came up with the idea that the universe cycles itself and basically "reoccurs." Then, the final sentence of the book loops back around to the beginning. All of the puns throughout the book, which often contain mashups of words from other languages and onomotopaes, allude to separate ideas, therefore mimicking the universe. It's a total mind fuck.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Friday, 07/Nov/08, 2:14 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Alright, for sure. I usually read novels though. I'm reading "Finnegan's Wake" now. The language is SOOOOO heavy that getting through the first page is a chore. And it isn't that it is so proper either. Every other sentence contains a pentuple entender and it starts in mid sentence. The first paragraph creates a cycle and has puns on HCE, the initials of the man who came up with the idea that the universe cycles itself and basically "reoccurs." Then, the final sentence of the book loops back around to the beginning. All of the puns throughout the book, which often contain mashups of words from other languages and onomotopaes, allude to separate ideas, therefore mimicking the universe. It's a total mind fuck.

ohh i never read novels or fiction books i mean the single fiction book that i like is The Hobbit now im readin Che Guevara The Life Of A Myth its good non fiction book done by a journalist/doctor that took the first photo of Che after he was executed u should check it eric i mean its not a book about politics its the story of Che tru his eyes and tru his comrades eyes

eboyd Date: Friday, 07/Nov/08, 3:08 PM | Message # 5

Heads
nice. i'll definitely check it. but since it's something different from my usual reading, you should read the book i recommended too. lol! oh, and one you may enjoy more... "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Friday, 07/Nov/08, 3:20 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
nice. i'll definitely check it. but since it's something different from my usual reading, you should read the book i recommended too. lol! oh, and one you may enjoy more... "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair.

ohh ok i will but i have a huge problem cause i cant really find many books here in my country cause they dont edit them in romanian so if they aint in romanian they dont sell them here i have friends in the west mostly the UK that send me books of course in english thats my main source tho i will check this book but aint sure i will find it

Messiah Date: Friday, 07/Nov/08, 3:56 PM | Message # 7

Watchers
[quote=Menace]Che Guevara The Life Of A Myth[/quote]
When did it come out?, I'am pretty sure that i have that book.
I found a Che Guevara book the other night, it was in some
old boxers i had with some old stuff in it, I'm not to sure if
it is that book. but i know iv heard of the title before.
a book i'am reading at the moment its "The boy with the striped pjamas"

Its about a german boy who is rich and his father moves to auswitchs
and the boy who is german becomes friends with a jewish boy
in a auswitchs camp. Its not like the other WW2 books or the other
ones based on the holocaust. Its its own story. its really good
First book i have read that got me hooked.

Menace Date: Friday, 07/Nov/08, 4:46 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Messiah)
When did it come out?, I'am pretty sure that i have that book.

2007 the year it came out plus the books is a 40 years of study by this journalist/doctor on Che and his friends

I_Guy Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 10:20 PM | Message # 9

Heads
I wish I had time to read more. I would say I'm more nonfiction oriented though.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Scholarly Studies Show Racism & Religious Reform... ((Directly linked to problems resulting from drug prohibition)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: