New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Nonbelievers Thread
The Nonbelievers Thread
eboyd Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 10:55 PM | Message # 1

Heads
this is a thread for atheists, agnostics, any other non-theists, and anyone who is on the fence or curious about non-theism. identify which of these groups you fit into and then share stories of how you came to be a non-theist, discuss issues pertinent to non-theism, ask questions about non-theism, etc., in this thread.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 09/Jan/10, 2:46 PM | Message # 16

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
LOL! it's ok my friend. i used to think Bronx was short for Brooklyn rofl

lol isnt it? im not from nyc so i dont care,...btw menace thats my joke to post as an alcoholic in the wrong thread (i did that in the introductions thread)

Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
god exists because it explains things

of course thats a fail,
(i fit into the "curious about non-theism")

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 09/Jan/10, 2:49 PM
eboyd Date: Saturday, 09/Jan/10, 9:20 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
lol isnt it? im not from nyc so i dont care,...btw menace thats my joke to post as an alcoholic in the wrong thread (i did that in the introductions thread)

lol Bronx and Brooklyn are two completely separate boroughs in New York City.

Quote (sodr2)
but its not what Chrsitianity believes

sadly, i have actually heard similar arguments from theists, but that's not for this thread.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 1:31 AM | Message # 18

Emcees
eboyd...i had a friend who tried to kill himself recently...you know at the hospital...i thought what he said was interesting...he though god did a good job with him...now this is positive and i liked that...BUT...what i should've said to him at the time... was he did a good job with himself...he was a great kid...now this is a big thing that i would like to cover...not sure if this is the right thread...but you know what i'll put it simply first...i WISH people wouldn't look at themselves and use god as an excuse...

like i'll use another example...but this time i'll just make it up..."why does god hate me what did i do, i'm fat and hideous" or some shit like that...now i again WISH that they would blame themselves...of course this is a negative and god gave them support...but taking it in your own hands is VERY important...

on another note i had a social worker come recently...she asked me about religion and i said i was aethist...she later went on some bullshit about how god gives support blah blah blah typical religious bullshit...so that upset me because it was just so unprofessional... it didn't offend me it just upset me that someone payed to help a kid would try to change his belief system...AND that was my first time i actually cared about someone attacking my beleif system...

that is all for now just wanted to share some bullshit lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

eboyd Date: Thursday, 14/Jan/10, 4:02 PM | Message # 19

Heads
HMM, I wrote a poem specifically for the purpose of explaining to people who attempt/consider suicide to realize that they need to be a bit selfish and care about themselves. You can show this to your friend if you like:

Egotism

They say suicide is selfish,
But aren't we all a bit self-centered;
Every supposed
Selfless act
Based on pride?

Could it not be said
That every action
Is a reaction of egotism?
We are all truly selfish inside.

I've had thoughts of bringing my life to an end
To begin my eternal sleep