New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Nonbelievers Thread
The Nonbelievers Thread
eboyd Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 10:55 PM | Message # 1

Heads
this is a thread for atheists, agnostics, any other non-theists, and anyone who is on the fence or curious about non-theism. identify which of these groups you fit into and then share stories of how you came to be a non-theist, discuss issues pertinent to non-theism, ask questions about non-theism, etc., in this thread.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Friday, 11/Dec/09, 11:13 PM | Message # 2

Heads
i am an agnostic atheist.

for those of you unaware of what this means, i will let you know that i do not believe that a God exists, but i am not 100% certain (though my certainty is growing with the research that i do).

hip hop actually led me to non-theism. as a child i was baptized catholic and went to church. my mother soon broke away from catholicism, becoming a protestant. because i was so young, i was obligated to follow. i would go to church and get "saved" and i recall nothing ever happening. i wanted God to talk to me so bad and when i watched my friends looking rejuvenated and happy after being saved it made me feel bad. "why not me, God?" i thought. at that time, as a young child already immersed in philosophy without even realizing it, the media and people around me had me convinced that atheists worshiped the devil, so i never got a chance to really delve into it like i did with other subjects. being from a family that is less strict with religion than the average Christian household, i was never coerced to "take it on faith". it wasn't until i was about 15 that i realized what faith meant at which time i immediately knew it was bullshit. why take everything else on logic, science, reason, etc., but have an exception for religion? from that day on, though i remained a christian for another 4 years, by the time i was 19 i had already long been listening to hip hop. i, at this point, began to hear a lot of references to five-percenters. after studying their beliefs, i became one for a short period of time (a few months). after talking with actual members of the NGE, i decided to create my own philosophy that was partially based on science. little did i realize, but through this philosophy, i had aligned myself with pantheism. when i was 21 i took my first philosophy course. through this course i became an atheist, then an agnostic, and shortly after the course was over, i began identifying myself as an agnostic atheist. i'm 22 now and my journey is just beginning.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

YANHAP1 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 11:35 AM | Message # 3

DJs

who killed bambi?

Menace Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 1:53 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Hi ! my name is Dennis and I am an alcoholic .

Menace Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 1:54 PM | Message # 5

Heads
oh shit is this the wrong thread ?

YANHAP1 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 2:15 PM | Message # 6

DJs
Quote (Menace)
Hi ! my name is Dennis and I am an alcoholic .

WTF!!!

Dennis the Menace! LMAO!!!

who killed bambi?

eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 9:26 PM | Message # 7

Heads
HI DENNIS! rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 5:59 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (YANHAP1)
WTF!!!

Dennis the Menace! LMAO!!!

huh ?? i thought you already knew my actual name , yeah my name is actually Dennis almost every knew that here and knew the twist :D

Quote (eboyd)
HI DENNIS!

Hi Erik , can you help me whit my problem ? LOL

YANHAP1 Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 6:02 AM | Message # 9

DJs
Quote (Menace)
Hi Erik , can you help me whit my problem ?

Yeah fuck sake Erik.....buy the man a drink!

who killed bambi?

eboyd Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 8:08 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Hi Erik , can you help me whit my problem ? LOL

you've got a disease and we don't know what to call it. better hide your wallet 'cause i'm coming up quick to strip your cash. bought a ticket to your concert just to come and whip your ass. bitch i'm coming out swinging so fast it'll make your eyes spin. you're getting knock the FUCK OUT like Mike Tyson. :D

Quote (YANHAP1)
Yeah fuck sake Erik.....buy the man a drink!

rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 8:46 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
proud non-believer...god exists because it explains things = fail...science exists TO explain things = win...but i respect everyones religious opinion...except scientology...theres actually a scientology church nearby lol

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 7:25 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
proud non-believer...god exists because it explains things = fail...science exists TO explain things = win...but i respect everyones religious opinion...except scientology...theres actually a scientology church nearby lol

lol. i feel you. rationalism is steadily gaining steam. this definitely makes me happy. glad to have you hear my friend. :)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 10:31 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
you've got a disease and we don't know what to call it. better hide your wallet

I remember a long time ago I used to think he said "but a hydroalic" instead of "better hide your wallet." LOL Hydroalic as in smoking hydro as much as an alcoholic drinks. facepalm

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 10:56 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
I remember a long time ago I used to think he said "but a hydroalic" instead of "better hide your wallet." LOL Hydroalic as in smoking hydro as much as an alcoholic drinks. facepalm

LOL! it's ok my friend. i used to think Bronx was short for Brooklyn rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 09/Jan/10, 1:12 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i used to think Bronx was short for Brooklyn

Isn't it?

jk :D

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Nonbelievers Thread
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: