[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Who Wrote The Bible?
Who Wrote The Bible?
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 3:05 PM | Message # 16

Heads
bump

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
LyricalContent Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 4:40 PM | Message # 17

Emcees
this means nothing to me what so ever as far as I'm concerned, I'm pro bible and my POV is Biblical, my foundation never was and never will be shaken It's what I stand on and will continue to Stand on as far as I'm concerned The Word of MY God will Stand forever they been trying to dismiss the bible years and they still can't do but feel free to keep on trying though

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8

Message edited by LyricalContent - Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 7:02 PM
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 4:50 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (LyricalContent)
this means nothing to me what so ever as far as I'm concerned, I'm pro bible and my POV is Biblical, my foundation never was and never will be shaky It's what I stand on and will continue to Stand on as far as I'm concerned The Word of MY God will Stand forever they been trying to dismiss the bible years and they still can't do but feel free to keep on trying though

maybe you should try watching with more of an open mind, i don't believe the bible was written like there was God speaking and telling some guy what to write, i believe it was the guy writing but it was inspired by God or the Spirit. I mean come on man, you have to have some kind of reason to believe in things, just saying this is the bible and i believe whatever it says no matter what, can be very dangerous coz people (high up leaders) always like to use this to control people. Like all the presidents of america, why do you think every president of the us has claimed to be a christian? coz its easier to control people, some people in america used to treat george bush like he was god himself.

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 4:52 PM | Message # 19

OGs
to the person who made the video....

you really think some 30 year old british guy can shake the world with this? the Bible is the word of God (in its original text) period.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 4:56 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
you really think some 30 year old british guy can shake the world with this? the Bible is the word of God (in its original text) period.

watch the video man. that british guy is being honest, he even explained his background and how he used to be one of those "the bible says so" kind of guys. but notice how what he said was based on research whereas those other people just said stuff like, the bible says so so therefore i believe it, who cares about what the evidence says the bible says so, don't fall for that rubish.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 4:56 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (sodr2)

yeah yeah lol it's proven trough carbon testing that the oldest biblical scrolls were written some 30 or 40 years after Jesus died and even a Vatican Priest would admit to you that the stories in the Bible were passed trough oral folklore then written down wink

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:03 PM | Message # 22

OGs
Quote (Menace)
yeah yeah lol it's proven trough carbon testing that the oldest biblical scrolls were written some 30 or 40 years after Jesus died and even a Vatican Priest would admit to you that the stories in the Bible were passed trough oral folklore then written down wink

oldest biblical scrolls? you mean the new testament? because the letter to the thessalonians was written some 10 years after Jesus' death...........and there are books of the bible that date hundreds of years before Christ, not oral "folklore"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:17 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Sodr, then I'm guessing you dismiss the dead sea scrolls, no? And what if the bible said something to the effect of "and there will be a race with brown, almost black skin. They must all be killed" and that was, as you say, the true word of God, would you follow it just because the bible said so. Don't dismiss my hypothetical either. The bible has portions that are very discriminatory, including it's portrayal of women, but I'm sure you probably believe women are here to be the servants of men or some other bullshit. Though it is not said, this is practically implied in the bible. Also, the only bibles you and I get a chance to read are interpretations from other languages of the original texts, or even of translations of translations. Who is to say that the texts you and I read aren't a far cry from the ideologies of the original texts because the interpreter misinterpreted?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

LyricalContent Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:18 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (Em_SeeD)
I mean come on man, you have to have some kind of reason to believe in things, just saying this is the bible and i believe whatever it says no matter what, can be very dangerous coz people (high up leaders) always like to use this to control people

I try the bible at its word and know it to be truth because of what i experienced with it, when it say do this i did it and i got the results it said i would get ( also did some things it said not to do and got the result of those too)see i can't speak for anyone else but I'm a doer of the word i know it from personal experience i didn't get my info some one else i did it, I tried God at his word and seen what he can do i know where my relationship with God stands I seen him in action to many times for anyone to tell me different i don't need to have an "open mind" that the problem with people now that's why people are so confused now just because it sounds good don't mean it's the truth

http:

Message edited by LyricalContent - Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:19 PM
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:20 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
oldest biblical scrolls? you mean the new testament? because the letter to the thessalonians was written some 10 years after Jesus' death...........and there are books of the bible that date hundreds of years before Christ, not oral "folklore"

that's the old TESTAMENT the OLD TESTAMENT IS taken from the JUDAIC TORAH and you are wrong letter to the thessalonians was written in 52 AD so they are 52 years after Jesus death wink

11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:27 PM | Message # 26

Removed
Quote (LyricalContent)
I tried God at his word and seen what he can do i know where my relationship with God stands I seen him in action to many times for anyone to tell me different

I think people, like Lyrical Content here, should go by there personal experience. Me like yourself have tried God and the "Bible" for its word and felt dissmissed i didnt do it to get results but thats how i was brought up and things my whole life have been oppisite.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:29 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
ideologies of the original texts because the interpreter misinterpreted?

of course literally translations and exact translations are impossible i mean it's hard and in those times for Greeks to translate and for the Romans to translate it in Latin PLUS all the new testament has a big leap after Jesus as Sodr2 pointed out letter to the thessalonians is the oldest book of the new testament and it was written 52 years after Jesus's death so in this time is likely many stories were passed down trough oral folklore

LyricalContent Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:38 PM | Message # 28

Emcees
Quote (11thPlague)
Me like yourself have tried God and the "Bible" for its word and felt dissmissed

it could just be you didn't have and understanding of it, "my people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge" "in all you getting get understanding" or was it the people that you felt dismissed by? cause if you go by people that's what will happen God should be your focus I have felt that way at one time also and it was because i had no understanding of the bible so things would happen or what ever and I couldn't see why It was happening until you just need understanding and did you believe what you were reading? "the word is foolish to some but Power to them that believe

http:

Message edited by LyricalContent - Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:45 PM
11thPlague Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 5:40 PM | Message # 29

Removed
Quote (LyricalContent)
it could just be you didn't have and understanding of it, "my people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge" "in all you getting get understanding" or was it the people that you felt dismissed by? cause if you go by people that's what will happen God should be your focus

Yeah i understand it and my experience wasnt like your so....thats how it goes

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 8:56 PM | Message # 30

OGs
Ummmm....Jesus didn't die in 0 A.D....

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Who Wrote The Bible?
Search: