[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Who Wrote The Bible?
Who Wrote The Bible?
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:08 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
Ummmm....Jesus didn't die in 0 A.D....

you are probably correct, but that goes back to the whole "everything in the bible is correct" thing. you contradict yourself here. unless a certain bible disagrees with this. then you would have to change that statement to "everything in the orthodox (?) christian bible is correct."

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:17 PM | Message # 32

OGs
How did I contradict myself? Why can't the Bible be correct again?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:20 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
How did I contradict myself? Why can't the Bible be correct again?

correct me if i'm wrong, but the bible either implies or explicitly states that Jesus was killed in 0 AD.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:23 PM | Message # 34

Heads
I once upon a time believed in the bible, but then I started coming here and my mind got twisted into this..."wat to believe" type of drama and I just lost all sense in this shit...but I do still believe in God but not the Christain type God

Sick With It
Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:28 PM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
correct me if i'm wrong, but the bible either implies or explicitly states that Jesus was killed in 0 AD.

it was my mistake Erik the common era or AD beginnings when Jesus is born that's how i know it but still its a 20 some years gap and the problem is that the Bible is written by human hand the same set of rules we see ancient holy books so if that is the case the ancient holy books were the word of God too ??

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:36 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (Menace)
it was my mistake Erik the common era or AD beginnings when Jesus is born that's how i know it but still its a 20 some years gap and the problem is that the Bible is written by human hand the same set of rules we see ancient holy books so if that is the case the ancient holy books were the word of God too ??

no no no. the bible implies and/or states that Jesus was born in 0 BC. he did, apparently, die in 0 AD according to the bible making sodr's statement a contradiction.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:41 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
no no no. the bible implies and/or states that Jesus was born in 0 BC. he did, apparently, die in 0 AD according to the bible making sodr's statement a contradiction.

lol i don't understand nothing now LOL from what i know when Jesus was born the common era started or Christian Era or AD when he died he still was in the AD he died at 33 so that means he died in 33 AD and the letter was written in 52 AD or maybe i am wrong LOL biggrin

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:44 PM | Message # 38

Heads
n/m. you are correct:

anno domini

adverb
in the Christian era; used before dates after the supposed year Christ was born

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:46 PM | Message # 39

Heads
hell yeah i am right what the funk cool

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 9:50 PM | Message # 40

Heads
biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 11:23 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
Jesus didn't die in 0 A.D....

thats when he was born but apparently the guy who worked it out got the date wrong by 5 years or something like that, that's what i hear anyway. so some say he was born 6 ad or something.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 11:28 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (LyricalContent)
i don't need to have an "open mind" that the problem with people now that's why people are so confused now just because it sounds good don't mean it's the truth

wow you don't want to have an open mind really? that's pretty sad man. if no one ever had an open mind no one would ever learn anything. and yes your right just because something sounds good doesn't mean its the truth, although i don't see what that has to do with anything,

eboyd Date: Thursday, 05/Mar/09, 1:41 AM | Message # 43

Heads
Quote (LyricalContent)
i don't need to have an "open mind" that the problem with people now that's why people are so confused now just because it sounds good don't mean it's the truth

i love you LGO, but that was a red herring if i've ever seen one.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 05/Mar/09, 2:03 AM | Message # 44

Heads
red herring?

eboyd Date: Thursday, 05/Mar/09, 2:14 AM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (Em_SeeD)
red herring?

ever taken a philosophy, critical thinking, logic, or speech class? red herring is a type of fallacy.

the concept of a red herring comes from an old tactic used for training hunting dogs. you would have a path of animal tracks and take a bag of red herrings, a smoked fish, and drag it across the path then have the dog follow the path to find the animal and see if he continues on that path or diverts and follows the herrings. it is a metaphor for "red herring" in the argumentative sense. it is when you form an argument by dragging a totally unconnected concept across your argument. so if i were to say "We admit that this measure is popular. But we also urge you to note that there are so many bond issues on this ballot that the whole thing is getting ridiculous." that would be a red herring.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Who Wrote The Bible?
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: