[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience, s0dr2  
Forum » Knowledge » Politics/Economics » How the market can keep streams flowing... (another example of tragedy of the commons)
How the market can keep streams flowing...
eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Apr/11, 1:27 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
Montana's law said that anyone near the stream can use it. Hence why they were about their problem of streams drying up.

Rob Harmon was discussing the problem being the law that was implemented after in which individual farmers were given private property claims based on senior water rights. he even states in the video, "these senior water rights are key". the government then implemented law that incentivized these senior water rights holders to consume more water than they actually needed by giving them a claim on a "use it or lose it" basis. the government did not implement that law to conserve the creek, but rather to deal with the farmers around the lake who were complaining about the explosion of population that lead more and more people to use the creek. whether or not the creek was being depleted at any kind of rapid rate up until that point is not discussed in the video.

Quote (J-Breakz)
what does "far exceeding actual consumption levels" mean? did you just make this part up because it sounded right in your head?

meaning they often deplete more water from the natural supply than will actually be bought and consumed.

Quote (J-Breakz)
Anyway, whatever, I'm saying that this will happen (a co-operative is a corporation) if you don't PRICE the resource. If the resource was treated like private property it would be priced and adjusted according to supply and demand.

who said anything about not pricing a resource? if the supply of a product begins diminishing more rapidly than it can be replenished, then it is common sense that a price limit needs to be set to ensure the supply is restored.

Quote (J-Breakz)
again, do u just make up stuff because it sounds good in your head? If your going to say something that is completely 180 from what I said then at least provide some evidence. Who says the "company who now holds a private property claim" is gonna take the water if the company can make a profit by conserving and selling the water.

i was speaking in general. most companies can care less about water conservation.

Quote (J-Breakz)
what happened to the hundred other things we were arguin about?

i wasn't in the mood to spend an hour and a half responding, as i often do because my ADHD ensures i get distracted 100 times and forget what i was talking about so i have to go back and re-read my comment just to get back on track lol.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 4:15 AM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i wasn't in the mood to spend an hour and a half responding, as i often do because my ADHD ensures i get distracted 100 times and forget what i was talking about so i have to go back and re-read my comment just to get back on track lol.

did you read the parts in my posts that exposed all the holes in your system?

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 4:34 AM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)

yes. again, i could respond but i don't have the time nor the patience for a long response, and i don't like responding long to you because you act like a dickhead most of the time.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 12:49 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (j-breakz)

Quote (eboyd)
yes

lol, well ur the one that brought up ur society planning ideas, im just havin fun responding to them. u shuldn't let what i say get to u, pussy. cuz i moved up to LA now, so wenever u wanna throw down foo, ill whoop ur ass.

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 1:59 PM | Message # 35

Heads
lol i'm down to meet up as long as you aren't as high strung as you are here. but hold that thought on throwing down and remember i'm an athletic and built 230 pound football player with speed that knows how to fight :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 2:42 PM | Message # 36

Heads
lol i'm down to meet up as long as you aren't as high strung as you are here. but hold that thought on throwing down and remember i'm an athletic and built 230 pound football player with speed that knows how to fight :D

i dunno wat high strung means. Like an asshole? Im only like that on here. Im considered a hero in my apt building for helping old ladies wit ther groceries and hookin up bums with food. I live like a fuckin saint niqqa. I dunno, u wanna meet me up in hollywood? Im just one of those kids that blaze around the streets wit random ass ppl. its sick here tho

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 3:03 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
i dunno wat high strung means. Like an asshole? Im only like that on here. Im considered a hero in my apt building for helping old ladies wit ther groceries and hookin up bums with food. I live like a fuckin saint niqqa. I dunno, u wanna meet me up in hollywood? Im just one of those kids that blaze around the streets wit random ass ppl. its sick here tho

haha, no doubt. yeah, Hollywood sounds good. it's pretty close to where i am. i'm in the San Fernando Valley in an area that is about 20 minutes north of Hollywood. whereabouts in LA did you move btw?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 4:55 PM | Message # 38

Heads
i live smack dab in the middle of hollywood lol. 1736 n sycamore ave

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/11, 9:42 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Oh shit, nice. Yeah man, we'll definitely meet up soon then.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Treach Date: Wednesday, 13/Apr/11, 9:06 AM | Message # 40

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
but hold that thought on throwing down and remember i'm an athletic and built 230 pound football player with speed that knows how to fight

man you just made sure that if he wants to beat your ass he is gonna take a few ppl along with him lol

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 13/Apr/11, 1:50 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Lol I know, we're just playing though. Besides, I like a challenge :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Wednesday, 13/Apr/11, 3:33 PM | Message # 42

Heads
awesome man i look forward to our circle jerk

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 13/Apr/11, 10:17 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Nice! I'll bring the waffle.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Politics/Economics » How the market can keep streams flowing... (another example of tragedy of the commons)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: