[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » Slavery After The Emancipation Proclamation
Slavery After The Emancipation Proclamation
8Diagrams Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 6:54 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89051115
This could be seriously biased because of the source, but I want to see what y'all think of this as a possibillity.

"Everything needs work, but you can't work on everything." - Anonymous
Menace Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 7:16 PM | Message # 2

Heads
you didn't know this ?? i thought people knew it and consider this after the " emancipation proclamation " the common worker white or black was literally oppressed until the 1930's the USA had no labor laws had a ban on labor unions the worker was literally a slave he had no protection that was the wonder of cool capitalism

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 7:18 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Yeah, it took a long time for the government to begin regulation.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 7:29 PM | Message # 4

Heads
the government actually supported the capitalist class but after the Haymarket Massacre in the US the socio-political climate was turning too similar to that of Tsarist Russia and the US seeing the events of the October Revolution in Russia they started doing labor reforms they took a lesson from Tsarist Russia's hate for the working class and how it was transformed into a nightmare but still the old saying goes like this

" State protection for the ruling class market discipline for the working class " - and this saying came true recently whit the bail outs because when common people began cracking nobody reacted

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 11/Jun/09, 10:27 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
Quote (8Diagrams)
And in the working class especially, believe it or not.

word.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Friday, 12/Jun/09, 9:24 AM | Message # 6

Heads
good to see that some of you have class consciousness that's kinda rare in the US

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » Slavery After The Emancipation Proclamation
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: