[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Crazy-ass theory: Super virus created by the internet
Crazy-ass theory: Super virus created by the internet
Acekat00o Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 6:19 PM | Message # 16

Heads
want it far fetched that 30 years ago a telefone will be milions of times more powerfull than any computer out there in the 70 ? you just never know

Graffiti
Acekat00o Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 6:20 PM | Message # 17

Heads
and i want refering to that ,i was refering that IF the computers will outsmart us it aint gonna be no apocalipse ,too much holywood

Graffiti
Menace Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 8:34 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (Acekat00o)
want it far fetched that 30 years ago a telefone will be milions of times more powerfull than any computer out there in the 70 ? you just never know

we are talking here about ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE were not talking about Information technology or IT as we all know it what we achieved and what we are still achieving is not in the domain of AI it's in the domain of IT they are 2 different things we made progress in the domain of AI but we are very very far from creating what you implied there for a AI so advanced as you say will require massive human development in the domains of science and psychology we are not yet ready to achieve what you said the human mind jumps like that human imagination is wonderful it jumps all the time considering the fact that human development it's so quick but in fact historically and scientifically human development is not quick it's just goes at the same pace whit Darwinian evolution and as my one of my old neighbors told me " It's 2009 ? damn when i was young i thought in 2009 we gonna at least have real space ships not these rockets LOL "

J-Breakz Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 10:46 PM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
If you threw into a pot some decaying material, feces, and any other unsanitary and disgusting thing together, there is a small chance that within time, you will create some sort of modified or new virus cell (sort of like how the swine flu was created.) Adding more stuff, and continually doing it over a period of time will only increase the chances of it being created.

I thought only bacteria can grow out of decaying material, feces, and stuff like that. not viruses....

Quote (8Diagrams)
Scientists believe the same sort of thing will happen in the internet world. As tons of information, apps, new technology, programs, etc are combined in the internet world, there will be a chance for a new super virus to be created. Possibly a virus that will have enough information and knowledge to know what it is doing, and will have the power to modify itself to protect it from being deleted or stopped. Isn't that scary?

Wheres your source for that? That doesn't even make sense. A virus isn't created on it's own. A computer virus is just a computer script that replicates itself over and over again. It's created by a programmer.

livin life like some cheesy movie

Message edited by J-Breakz - Monday, 07/Sep/09, 10:46 PM
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 10:49 PM | Message # 20

Heads
some guy had some philosophy about computer viruses being living things, i'm not sure if this is it

http://home.planet.nl/~gkorthof/korthof77.htm

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Crazy-ass theory: Super virus created by the internet
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: