[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Crazy-ass theory: Super virus created by the internet
Crazy-ass theory: Super virus created by the internet
8Diagrams Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 9:13 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
If you threw into a pot some decaying material, feces, and any other unsanitary and disgusting thing together, there is a small chance that within time, you will create some sort of modified or new virus cell (sort of like how the swine flu was created.) Adding more stuff, and continually doing it over a period of time will only increase the chances of it being created.
Scientists believe the same sort of thing will happen in the internet world. As tons of information, apps, new technology, programs, etc are combined in the internet world, there will be a chance for a new super virus to be created. Possibly a virus that will have enough information and knowledge to know what it is doing, and will have the power to modify itself to protect it from being deleted or stopped. Isn't that scary?

Btw, this isn't my own or anything. Just something I read on another site.

"Everything needs work, but you can't work on everything." - Anonymous
ThaScience Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 9:30 PM | Message # 2

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
If you threw into a pot some decaying material, feces, and any other unsanitary and disgusting thing together, there is a small chance that within time, you will create some sort of modified or new virus cell (sort of like how the swine flu was created.) Adding more stuff, and continually doing it over a period of time will only increase the chances of it being created.

I thought up to this part, nah, it would be very smelly lol.

Quote (8Diagrams)
Scientists believe the same sort of thing will happen in the internet world. As tons of information, apps, new technology, programs, etc are combined in the internet world, there will be a chance for a new super virus to be created. Possibly a virus that will have enough information and knowledge to know what it is doing, and will have the power to modify itself to protect it from being deleted or stopped. Isn't that scary?

but this part, I dunno. this is like when in the 50s ppl thought robots would be doing our washing and making our food etc by now. its all bs imo.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 9:48 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Haha! I saw that! :D

Idk man. I think I'm going to have to simply cosign with ThaScience on this.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 9:53 PM | Message # 4

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
I do, too, but what do you think we should do if such a virus was released?

il go to the centre of the brain system and destroy it by throwing the ring in, thn end it with a kiss with some hot girl and then walk of into the sunset.. then credits will roll up lmao.

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 10:03 PM | Message # 5

OGs

il be with her, we'll have to drive a really old car.. cos the new ones will think for themself and try n kill us.. so while we driving.. we'll have to play the purple tape, keep it old school. stop off for some petrol, food, sex, then when we get to washington dc. il use my tec 9 n kill the robots.. throw the ring into the biggest internet database there is.. the rest is history. ;)

ThaScience Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 10:17 PM | Message # 6

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Don't tell me that's Megan Fox LMAO

:D yup

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 27/Jul/09, 9:42 PM | Message # 7

Heads
how are viruses even made in the first place?

Quote (8Diagrams)
Erik, what's your opinion on this? Btw, I have you on my current top 30 emcees list ;)

8diagrams

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
I_Guy Date: Monday, 27/Jul/09, 9:53 PM | Message # 8

Heads
They're made by people and scripted just like software. People make viruses because they are the unofficial gateway into the computer industry. If they make an extremely powerful virus and go to jail, they do a few years and come out making a lot of money because companies will hire them for big bucks.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 2:55 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
^Really?
So if I rob a bank, when I get out gangs will be wanting to jump me in?

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 28/Jul/09, 4:40 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
So if I rob a bank, when I get out gangs will be wanting to jump me in?

If you're really really good at it, maybe.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
TheWatcher Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 2:37 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Computers/cars/microwaves cannot think for themselves, they only do what they're programmed to do.

Message edited by TheWatcher - Monday, 07/Sep/09, 2:37 PM
Acekat00o Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 2:53 PM | Message # 12

Heads
it is said that until 2050 computers will be more inteligent than us ,i mean ,dont see it as a bad thing because if they will be more inteligent than us they will have more responsibility and such ,they will see the optimal way of living in this world ,why is everyone with "oh the apocalipse !! " ,they will see the truth and will see that lieing or conquering the world is not an optimal way to live as they are more inteligent than us

Graffiti
Menace Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 3:02 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (Acekat00o)
it is said that until 2050 computers will be more inteligent than us ,i mean ,dont see it as a bad thing because if they will be more inteligent than us they will have more responsibility and such ,they will see the optimal way of living in this world ,why is everyone with "oh the apocalipse !! " ,they will see the truth and will see that lieing or conquering the world is not an optimal way to live as they are more inteligent than us

no computers can't be more smarter then us cause human intelligence comes whit human psychology and a computer will never have it's own psychology maybe computers will have very good AI's but no more smarter then people no because the human mind is a mystery of it's own

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 3:18 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Menace)

no computers can't be more smarter then us cause human intelligence comes whit human psychology and a computer will never have it's own psychology maybe computers will have very good AI's but no more smarter then people no because the human mind is a mystery of it's own

Exactly, how do you expect a program to be smarter than it's programmer? The programmer gives the program/computer orders and tells it how to solve what he wants the program to solve. For an example, the program cannot tell you whether or not 'Shawshank Redemption' is a good movie (It is an awesome movie so the computer must be dumb) unless you tell her to tell you that, there's no way for the computer to tell you that or whether some genre of music is good or not. Even with calculating numbers, it has to be told how to do that first by the programmer so it is highly unlikely that it will eventually outsmart him/her.

Message edited by TheWatcher - Monday, 07/Sep/09, 3:19 PM
Menace Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 3:30 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
Exactly, how do you expect a program to be smarter than it's programmer? The programmer gives the program/computer orders and tells it how to solve what he wants the program to solve. For an example, the program cannot tell you whether or not 'Shawshank Redemption' is a good movie (It is an awesome movie so the computer must be dumb) unless you tell her to tell you that, there's no way for the computer to tell you that or whether some genre of music is good or not. Even with calculating numbers, it has to be told how to do that first by the programmer so it is highly unlikely that it will eventually outsmart him/her.

a computer can be smarter then a human not smarter then his programmer but then an average human yes it can be but it's very unrealistic to think that computers will outsmart us in the near future maybe in the far future it's possible everything is possible in the far future but it's far fetched to say that they will outsmart us in the near future

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Crazy-ass theory: Super virus created by the internet
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: