Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » What Is Natural
What Is Natural
Menace Date: Sunday, 22/Nov/09, 7:19 AM | Message # 61

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Evolution involves natural selection, mutations, genetic drift, etc. A computer is not found within any of that. A computer is simply the product of a creature that has undergone evolution. The computer is outside the specifics of evolution.

exactly evolution is not simply something that evolves it has her processes as I_guy pointed some them processes makes evolution

eboyd Date: Sunday, 22/Nov/09, 3:10 PM | Message # 62

Heads
Ace, you have a gross misconception of evolution. At the very basics, evolution is a combination of random mutation and natural selection. That means that a trait is carried by a family line for an extended period of time that would, at a particular time, be considered a mutation. If the mutation is found to be beneficial to the specific animal in the environment it is living in, that trait continues on to the next generation and eventually becomes a trait of that specific species or line of species. That is called natural selection. If it is found not to be beneficial the trait is deleted after a few generations. For example, I have two webbed toes on each foot. My mother passed the trait to me and it is more dominant in my genes because I have more webbing than she does. Whether that trait will be found to be beneficial and become a dominant trait in our species in the future or it will become recessive after a few generations is not known, but that is the beginning of evolution. The traits are not necessarily positive either. For example, an animal with eyes that lives for several generations in a cave never coming out will eventually lose it's eyes. Computers cannot go through evolution. They go through a process of artificial selection in which humans choose to add or remove features without random mutation. It would have to occur naturally through mutation.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Saturday, 19/Dec/09, 11:14 PM | Message # 63

Heads
Quote (Menace)
no computers are built environments and everything that humans create are built environments there is a difference between Natural environment/Nature and built environments

read more here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Built_environment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_environment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature

LOL! i just realized that Menace contradicted himself rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » What Is Natural