[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Cellular memory, intellegent heart, intuitive heart?
Cellular memory, intellegent heart, intuitive heart?
YANHAP1 Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 2:50 PM | Message # 1

DJs
Diverse science of the heart.

http://bbc.co.uk/i/pd2wg/?t=16m55s

who killed bambi?

Message edited by YANHAP1 - Friday, 18/Dec/09, 2:51 PM
I_Guy Date: Saturday, 16/Jan/10, 5:44 AM | Message # 2

Heads
I'M GLAD YOU POSTED THIS.

This is something I've been wanting to address but couldn't find a gateway into bringing it up. I've been hearing about these medical breakthroughs and new theories every once in a while but have never had a chance to explore, mainly because I can't find a way of looking it up, I don't know any names, or terms, or theory names that refer to it.

The idea that our thoughts cause disease, I think this is the next revolution in science. It reveals what some philosophers have been saying for centuries about how there is no "mind" that escapes nature and no inner control panel that an "inner-self" masters. The mind is the brain, and the rest of the body affects the brain, and just as well the brain affects the rest of the body. It's a counter-intuitive idea to think that our thoughts cause disease, because we rely on our memetic assumptions that thoughts are immaterial and transcend physicality. But philosophers have theorized that thoughts ARE physical processes, so it seems reasonable to infer that they affect other physical processes in the body. It's crazy because once again it is another case where the truth lays in the middle. The truth seems to sort of lay somewhere in the middle of the monism vs dualism debate. And also, interestingly enough, this new theory is what eastern philosophy has been all about for a very long time. So it seems they may have gotten it right to a degree, but have been unable to explain how it is true, until now with modern science.

However, I'm not saying that the brain can prevent external or out-grown diseases such as aids, flu, gonorrhea, all viruses, etc. or perhaps some genetic predispositions. What is being said, is that the brain can help heal (but not necessarily cure) diseases, worsen diseases, and possibly create in-grown diseases such as cancer through conscious and subconscious functions. The brain simply can be a catalyst that creates a waxing or waning effect.

This is seriously a revolution in medicine. And the notion of thoughts being immaterial is yet again one more illusion we must break to find new enlightenment in life and progress. All of these illusions must be broken if we wish to seek to solve our problems. The war on illusions is something I have since become passionate about. Because these illusions create the underlying assumptions that act as the root causes of some of our most terrible problems, and it is something that deconstructionism often deals with (which I have recently mentioned).

Something about this though, these illusions will never be broken because corporate industry in pharmaceuticals perpetuates the idea that we absolutely NEED MEDICINE to get better, when really the dependence on medicine makes us worse due to the chemical effects on our biology, and also, the brain becomes convinced that medicine is the only solution and therefore the brain/mind is defeated into thinking it has no power over the body, and as a result, the brain actually uses its power over the body to worsen the disease or create new diseases due to hopelessness, depression, being convinced of imminent doom, or other. The brain is deluded into thinking that external elements are the solutions, and so the brain essentially gives up to the notion of inevitable doom and sickness, so in the end, thoughts contribute to the illness.

The placebo effect, for instance, would be the opposite of this. It is an easy example. With the placebo effect people think they have taken medicine to make them feel better, when really it is the brain/mind making them feel better because it is deluded into thinking that the chemical medicine is the solution to the problem. When really it is the power of thought over the well being of the body, because BOTH ARE PHYSICAL PROCESSES just like any other physical cause-effect system. The placebo effect is something that has been greatly studied in science, though they haven't seemed to have drawn the right conclusions in the past (as far as I know, but then again I don't know too much about all the studies).

It's amazing how people have been swept away by the illusions in life, created by the ignorance of out past ancestors who devise assumptions that carry on as memes onto later descendants. IT'S ALL INSANE.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 1:19 AM | Message # 3

Heads
it's no longer available :(

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 4:38 AM | Message # 4

Heads
If this theory is correct, I hope people realize what the implications are. It would mean that words ARE sticks and stones. Because they are thoughts, and if thoughts are physical processes, and these physical processes affect other bodily processes, then physical harm will accumulate.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Cellular memory, intellegent heart, intuitive heart?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: