[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » the Paradox of Supporting The State of Israel
the Paradox of Supporting The State of Israel
eboyd Date: Friday, 05/Mar/10, 7:22 PM | Message # 1

Heads
People who know their history are aware that in 1948, Great Britain, the United States, and other allied nations began financially supporting Israel in a war against Palestine which they claimed was out of sympathy for the jews that had no place to live after the Holocaust (of course we know better, but that is beside the point here). I just wanted to ponder something here for a moment. Part of the reason we support Israel to this day, supposedly, is because they were said to have lived in those lands centuries prior and they (the lucky ones who survived) had been driven from those lands. By this same logic, would it not be hypocritical for the US government not to support Armenia against Turkey, the Aborigines against Australia, and more ironically, the Native Americans against themselves? And this is just assuming that the decision by the US to support Israel was morally correct (even though it wasn't). What are peoples' thoughts on this?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ThaScience Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 9:22 AM | Message # 2

OGs
$$$

J-Breakz Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 10:53 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Yeah the only reason America supports Israel is because those jewish ppl hook up those politicians with shit, we shouldn't even bother examining their "reasoning" for supporting Israel.

livin life like some cheesy movie
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » the Paradox of Supporting The State of Israel
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: