Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Existence
Existence
eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 0:37 AM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Yea I feel ya, we r one with everything I understand that and find it actually reasonable

me three

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 0:45 AM | Message # 32

Heads
well its good i set yaal on the right path LOL biggrin biggrin tough i gotta point religion and these kind of questions are sometimes blocking people from seeing the actual reality like those Christians who support Israel and allow war crimes to be committed just because the reconstruction of Israel means the 2 coming or Esoteric people that mediate everyday on this and become crazy some people need to put their hands together and work something out cause as i said to Pensmoke i rather be an infidel and see the unification of humanity biggrin

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 0:45 AM | Message # 33

Heads
this is by far one of the better and more organized debates we have had on this site yet

but I am mentally drained from this discussion so I will be withdrawing for the night....one love

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 1:41 AM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Common misconception. More stereotypical than "black folk like watermelon" or "whites cant dance" is the foolish (and patently false) notion that people of faith are stupid. Crap like that really pisses me off.

you are misinterpreting. i am implying nothing of the sort. my point is that i am smart enough to not need faith to guide me in the right direction. some people, intelligent or ignorant, need faith to keep themselves on a straight and narrow path. i do not.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 11:36 AM | Message # 35

Heads
People who believe in religion and people who don't, take completely different paths of intelligence.

Message edited by I_Guy - Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 11:36 AM
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 11:48 AM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
People who believe in religion and people who don't, take completely different paths of intelligence.

I agree with that to the fullest

Sick With It
I_Guy Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 12:31 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Elaborate.

People who don't believe take on a sense high logic and reasoning, rationalization, and hypothetical thinking. Everything they think about must boil down to an ultimate conclusion, and until then there is debate. Their reasoning is based on nature (as in the things not controlled by man).

People who do believe take on more of a knowledge about human relation and interaction, knowledge about the human world, and of course morals. Their intelligence tends to percolate into the human world, instead of the universe like non-believers. Their reasoning is based on man.

They both have different engines of reasoning.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...

Message edited by I_Guy - Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 12:46 PM
eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 1:00 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Couldn't have said it better myself I_Guy.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 8:01 PM | Message # 39

Heads
thank god whoever cleaned up this thread

Sick With It
ill Date: Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:10 PM | Message # 40

Emcees
shit this breath was a breath of fresh air, i agree with you on alot or what you say heres my input

i dont believe in god, im agnostic but i do believe there is something deeply spiritual about life, Gaia if you want. I think the same as you about death but you know what? it scares me shitless, just because when you die you lose conciousness (spelling? lol) and to me that is the most beautiful thing about being alive. what is really trippy is that all the matter in the universe was once confined to a space smaller then an atom, space is crazy but i find it fascinating - do you believe in other conscious life out there?

The World Is Yours

Message edited by ill - Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:29 PM
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:14 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
They also believe Earth was made in 7 days haha

you didn't get what i said did you?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:22 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (ill)
shit this breath was a breath of fresh air, i agree with you on alot or what you say heres my input

i dont believe in god, im agnostic but i do believe there is something deeply spiritual about life, Gaia if you want. I think the same as you but you know what? it scares me shitless, just because when you die you lose conciousness (spelling? lol) and to me that is the most beautiful thing about being alive. what is really trippy is that all the matter in the universe was once confined to a space smaller then an atom, space is crazy but i find it fascinating - do you believe in other conscious life out there?

same here thats why i told them this discussion is a fallacy from an agnostic's point of view

ill Date: Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:37 PM | Message # 43

Emcees
its still amazing tho, to think where we started from

whether you believe in god or not everyone has to apreciate the fact that we even exist in the first place

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:47 PM | Message # 44

Heads
I agree and Ill. As for your earlier question, I think that other life is a possibility but atm I am not too concerned about it.

Btw, I bet you thought I was Christian from the other debate, didn't you?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Sunday, 25/Jan/09, 9:52 PM | Message # 45

Emcees
i dunno theres something there lol, that line "we are all god in a sense" struck a chord, you seem quite spritual but i dunno if thats true or not.

The World Is Yours
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Existence
Search: