[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » The Cupid Shuffle: This Track Deserves WAAAY More Credit
The Cupid Shuffle: This Track Deserves WAAAY More Credit
eboyd Date: Thursday, 26/Feb/09, 7:07 AM | Message # 1

Heads
many here remember this track as just another mainstream dance track but i urge you to give it another listen. not only does this track avoid being crass like Soulja Boy and his contemporaries who are self-proclaimed kings of contemporary dance music, but if you are familiar with music in a technical sense you will notice how complex the rhythm is and how it avoids being corny while remaining as catchy as possible. these are all traits that are next to impossible to come by in music today because of the lack of knowledge of musical techniques between artists in music today, especially hip hop, even including the underground. it's either make amazing listening music or make corny dance music. the best part about this song is that not only is it less vulgar than any song i have heard that had a dance feel to it, it is FUN! what's more, it had mild success on MTV, BET, etc., proving that all you need to do is make something danceable (which, lyrically, is very easy. i have done it myself. trust me, content means nothing. you could talk about bestiality and people wouldn't give a fuck. biggrin making the lyrical content good and making the beat is a different story however ) and people will catch onto it. give it a listen and tell me what you think:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 10/Sep/10, 8:23 PM | Message # 16

Heads
never heard this song before in my life, not bad :D

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Saturday, 11/Sep/10, 2:36 AM | Message # 17

B-Girls
This song is amazing

its not hip hop though.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » The Cupid Shuffle: This Track Deserves WAAAY More Credit
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: