[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » The Cupid Shuffle: This Track Deserves WAAAY More Credit
The Cupid Shuffle: This Track Deserves WAAAY More Credit
eboyd Date: Thursday, 26/Feb/09, 7:07 AM | Message # 1

Heads
many here remember this track as just another mainstream dance track but i urge you to give it another listen. not only does this track avoid being crass like Soulja Boy and his contemporaries who are self-proclaimed kings of contemporary dance music, but if you are familiar with music in a technical sense you will notice how complex the rhythm is and how it avoids being corny while remaining as catchy as possible. these are all traits that are next to impossible to come by in music today because of the lack of knowledge of musical techniques between artists in music today, especially hip hop, even including the underground. it's either make amazing listening music or make corny dance music. the best part about this song is that not only is it less vulgar than any song i have heard that had a dance feel to it, it is FUN! what's more, it had mild success on MTV, BET, etc., proving that all you need to do is make something danceable (which, lyrically, is very easy. i have done it myself. trust me, content means nothing. you could talk about bestiality and people wouldn't give a fuck. biggrin making the lyrical content good and making the beat is a different story however ) and people will catch onto it. give it a listen and tell me what you think:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Uncharted Date: Thursday, 26/Feb/09, 4:16 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
to me its one of the most over played songs in a party

Menace Date: Thursday, 26/Feb/09, 4:19 PM | Message # 3

Heads
this kinda reminds me of this

Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 26/Feb/09, 7:03 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Despite being catchy I still wouldnt say it has anything of lyrical content besides HAVE FUN....which is wat the Methinator is all about

*Yea I said Methinator*

Sick With It
Chinita Date: Friday, 27/Feb/09, 0:51 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
but if you are familiar with music in a technical sense you will notice how complex the rhythm is and how it avoids being corny while remaining as catchy as possible. these are all traits that are next to impossible to come by in music today because of the lack of knowledge of musical techniques between artists in music today, especially hip hop, even including the underground. it's either make amazing listening music or make corny dance music. the best part about this song is that not only is it less vulgar than any song i have heard that had a dance feel to it, it is FUN!

i think you're on drugs..lol cool

eboyd Date: Friday, 27/Feb/09, 12:41 PM | Message # 6

Heads
So Meth, in that case songs like "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles, half, if not all, of James Brown's discography, and even a majority of ATCQ tracks are bullshit? "Buddy" by the Native Tongues Posse is bullshit? There are 2 types of songs in music that actually deserve merit: those with a purpose, whether it be positive or negative, as long as it does a good job of getting it's message across well it deserves mention, and those without purpose: tracks that don't mean shit but were made for fun and ARE TASTEFUL. They need to be tasteful because they are usually a huge influence on pop culture. Of course there are some exceptions, as there are in everything in life, but for the most part this holds true.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 27/Feb/09, 7:33 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
So Meth, in that case songs like "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles, half, if not all, of James Brown's discography, and even a majority of ATCQ tracks are bullshit? "Buddy" by the Native Tongues Posse is bullshit? There are 2 types of songs in music that actually deserve merit: those with a purpose, whether it be positive or negative, as long as it does a good job of getting it's message across well it deserves mention, and those without purpose: tracks that don't mean shit but were made for fun and ARE TASTEFUL. They need to be tasteful because they are usually a huge influence on pop culture. Of course there are some exceptions, as there are in everything in life, but for the most part this holds true.

Let me clear up wat I said......
The lyrics were shitty, but its still a fun song!!
The Methinator is all about fun!!!

Get it now? smile

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Friday, 27/Feb/09, 7:35 PM | Message # 8

Heads
yes. the lyrics in operas are shitty though, so who care about all that. i understand though. smile

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 27/Feb/09, 7:37 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
yes. the lyrics in operas are shitty though, so who care about all that. i understand though.

right-o!!!

Wow I gotta quit..........

Sick With It
AruNavi Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 11:17 AM | Message # 10

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Methinator*

came from that give whack mc name didnt it rofl. its overplayed now

my girl friend

I am probably RHH4 asshole of the site lmao

THE PUREST MC=ME ARU NAVI My brother=Menace Uncharted
My wife=Chinita the Beautiful
My rival=LaPen
My niggas=Eboyd Kiba Pen LaPen Lord Meth P Noble NtG Render 11thPlauge

i woulda done rubber matches if i new u was gone bite Aru Navi/

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i love this line

how did i bite aru navi? just curious...
uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him
Aru Navi says-"Cause I beez da shitz." West Coast King Style

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 11:18 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (AruNavi)
wish i had beef with west coast fag
I GOT BEEF WITH SNOEMAN

here goes the 50 Cent of the site LMAO!!!
U beefing wit everybody

Sick With It
AruNavi Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 11:24 AM | Message # 12

Emcees
ROFL COMIN FROM METHINATOR. u sound like a left out transformer. OPTIMUS PRIME BUMBLEBEE MEGATRON.... methinator. snoe fag strted. i think i ran bohthem off. and i pwn 50

my girl friend

My rival=LaPen

uz every verse he did in dat battle, he tried flipping my verse every single time...it was work n until i won lol but yea u basically tried 2 flip da 1st verse like him

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 11:26 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (AruNavi)
ROFL COMIN FROM METHINATOR. u sound like a left out transformer. OPTIMUS PRIME BUMBLEBEE MEGATRON.... methinator

LMAO me and IronHide had a lil beef with each other and the producer said, either yall two get along or this wont start
So I said fuck it and left
Quote (AruNavi)
snoe fag strted. i think i ran bohthem off. and i pwn 50

LMAO no wonder why I havent seen West Coast in some years

Sick With It
AruNavi Date: Sunday, 01/Mar/09, 11:32 AM | Message # 14

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
LMAO me and IronHide had a lil beef with each other and the producer said, either yall two get along or this wont start
So I said fuck it and left

ROFL. they both sucked. transformers 2 ftw

my girl friend

My rival=LaPen

Furious_Pryme Date: Friday, 10/Sep/10, 11:19 AM | Message # 15

Removed
;)
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » The Cupid Shuffle: This Track Deserves WAAAY More Credit
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: