New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Screamo
Screamo
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 5:38 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
I used to hate it all, but I've grown to like a few bands/songs. I can already tell that no one here will like this except MAYBE 8D, but fuck it.
Yes, I know. None of these bands aren't different from each other. Their styles are all exactly the same. But this is the kinda shit I listen to before band practice or something. It gets me pumped as fuck to play.

SMOSH/I SET MY FRIENDS ON FIRE FUCKING RULE. Get out of my face dick magnet!!!!!

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 5:59 PM | Message # 2

Heads
" these scene/emo kids are the near-perfect snapshots of everything that’s shit about this point in the culture". That's what Warren Ellis said about this and i agree whit him he always been good at sociocultural commentary .

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 7:10 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
" these scene/emo kids are the near-perfect snapshots of everything that’s shit about this point in the culture". That's what Warren Ellis said about this and i agree whit him he always been good at sociocultural commentary .

God dammit menace can't you ever see past the politcal shit for a minute!?!?
No offense but seriously!
I mean I could post a video about basketball and I could see you being like "Yeah that guy pretty much did this in 1995 and then he fucked up the economy by opening up this bussiness and shit"
It's music. And in this case, I take it for what it is. I don't give a shit about their clothes, or their fucking hair, or their ways of doing what they do. I like some of the music. Is that a problem? Can I not listen to a certain type of music, or a read a book if it isn't a revolutionary book about history or how to fix things?
I understand what your saying. But it's music about girls. Not politics, or history, or any of that shit. It's music.

Menace Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 8:13 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
God dammit menace can't you ever see past the politcal shit for a minute!?!?
No offense but seriously!
I mean I could post a video about basketball and I could see you being like "Yeah that guy pretty much did this in 1995 and then he fucked up the economy by opening up this bussiness and shit"
It's music. And in this case, I take it for what it is. I don't give a shit about their clothes, or their fucking hair, or their ways of doing what they do. I like some of the music. Is that a problem? Can I not listen to a certain type of music, or a read a book if it isn't a revolutionary book about history or how to fix things?
I understand what your saying. But it's music about girls. Not politics, or history, or any of that shit. It's music.

Huh ? that was a musical critique that quote came from a music journalist . Scremo/Emo is a snapshot of what is bad in music and musical culture today that's what he meant . LOL :D

J-Breakz Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 8:23 PM | Message # 5

Heads
screamo is embarassing, it sounds like a bunch of annoying 5 yr olds having tantrums about bitchy gay things.

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Monday, 18/Jan/10, 10:33 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
screamo is embarassing, it sounds like a bunch of annoying 5 yr olds having tantrums about bitchy gay things.

rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 0:27 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Huh ? that was a musical critique that quote came from a music journalist . Scremo/Emo is a snapshot of what is bad in music and musical culture today that's what he meant . LOL

Oh lol I thought you meant the whole culture was fucked because of a small group of 21 year olds in screamo bands. I was like "I really don't think that's why our society is so fucked up..."

Quote (J-Breakz)

"Hiphop is gay. It sounds like a bunch of angry black men in their mid-20's having tantrums about shit that doesn't matter."

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 0:44 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
"Hiphop is gay. It sounds like a bunch of angry black men in their mid-20's having tantrums about shit that doesn't matter."

You see, the problem with this is that I can back my comment up. Every screamo song has a white boy screaming his lungs out about either a girl, not fitting in, or just some random ass shit that doesn't matter. Hip Hop talks about types of topics and has many sub genres and there's actually some really skilled song writers in hip hop.

livin life like some cheesy movie
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 10:19 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
I HAAATE THIIISS FUUUUUCKIN' SHIIIIIIITTTTTT AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHHH LIIIIIFFFFEEEE SUUUUUXXXX WHENNN I HHEEEEAAAARRRR THHHHIIISSSSSS............. DIIIIIIIEEEEE AGHHHHHHH

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 12:32 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Then keep cutting your dick while listening to this emo shit.

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 12:34 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
It's music.

I wouldn't throw that term around so loosely..

Menace Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 12:56 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
You see, the problem with this is that I can back my comment up. Every screamo song has a white boy screaming his lungs out about either a girl, not fitting in, or just some random ass shit that doesn't matter. Hip Hop talks about types of topics and has many sub genres and there's actually some really skilled song writers in hip hop.

Exactly if your bragging in a creative way then it's all good . Taylor you like Kurt Cobain just look at his music and at him as a personality he really liked to brag about shit and sometimes it got annoying too . But still he created an art out of it , his lyrics weren't simplistic they were really abstract . His music the same it wasn't so stripped down and simplistic . I love people expressing themselves in music but if that expression is not done in a creative manner then fuck it .

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 4:06 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
I wouldn't throw that term around so loosely..

haha nice! :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 4:47 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Exactly if your bragging in a creative way then it's all good . Taylor you like Kurt Cobain just look at his music and at him as a personality he really liked to brag about shit and sometimes it got annoying too . But still he created an art out of it , his lyrics weren't simplistic they were really abstract . His music the same it wasn't so stripped down and simplistic . I love people expressing themselves in music but if that expression is not done in a creative manner then fuck it .

I see what you mean but creative may not even have a specific meaning. Creative to me could be cutting a chickens head off and painting it blue, and to you that could just be sick, fucked up stuff. So I mean that's pretty subjective I think.

Quote (J-Breakz)

But what to some people MEANS something might not mean shit to the next guy.
Most people my age actually think that these lyrics are deep and meaningful. Good for them. They actually can relate to it, sadly. I can't relate to it. I'm not saying that the lyrics in screamo mean anything at all (it doesn't matter if they do or not because you can't understand any of it lol) but you can't really say that one thing will always mean more than something else, because some dumbfucks out there don't see that there are in fact more problems in the world then your girlfriend breaking up with you... Haha, I'm one to talk.... Wow lol.

And I also mainly listen to it because it gets me fucking pumped. I love the instrumental part. It sounds like they are just fucking with a guitar but some of the shit they play is fairly complex, especially the drums and some of the guitar. Then again, I'm not the best guitar player or drummer, so it might just seem complex when it's really easy.

Menace Date: Tuesday, 19/Jan/10, 4:55 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But what to some people MEANS something might not mean shit to the next guy.
Most people my age actually think that these lyrics are deep and meaningful. Good for them. They actually can relate to it, sadly. I can't relate to it. I'm not saying that the lyrics in screamo mean anything at all (it doesn't matter if they do or not because you can't understand any of it lol) but you can't really say that one thing will always mean more than something else, because some dumbfucks out there don't see that there are in fact more problems in the world then your girlfriend breaking up with you... Haha, I'm one to talk.... Wow lol.

And I also mainly listen to it because it gets me fucking pumped. I love the instrumental part. It sounds like they are just fucking with a guitar but some of the shit they play is fairly complex, especially the drums and some of the guitar. Then again, I'm not the best guitar player or drummer, so it might just seem complex when it's really easy.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I see what you mean but creative may not even have a specific meaning. Creative to me could be cutting a chickens head off and painting it blue, and to you that could just be sick, fucked up stuff. So I mean that's pretty subjective I think.

No its not subjective it's up front and clear . You got people who do something in a musical way that involves abstract rhymes , metaphors etc. and you got kids who lyrically make no sense at all . Then you got people who use millions of guitar riffs on a song and then you got a kid using just one riff all over again in all of his songs . ITS NOT SUBJECTIVE AT ALL .

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Screamo
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: