[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Rochester Wants To Sue New York For The Birth Of Hip Hop ((News))
Rochester Wants To Sue New York For The Birth Of Hip Hop
Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 11:39 AM | Message # 1

Heads
ok please read this article, i can understand where the guy is comeing from with the cowboy stuff but come on.. he wants to sue nyc for claiming the birth of hip hop..thats sick and of course in the end its always about money..give your thoughts..

http://rhymehouse.com/articlehiphoporigins.html

read this section also, way at the bottom
Taking it to the Capitol

Professor Frank Rochester is absolutely convinced that Hip Hop emerged from Texas before New York City. He claims that one of the reasons that Texas Hip Hop now outsells and is more popular then NY is because when it comes from here the audience is experiencing the 'real thing'.

Rochester feels that the state of Texas is losing not only cultural recognition but also millions of dollars in revenue that could be generated if the world was to know the truth about Texas being the real birthplace of Hip Hop.

Rochester is currently working with lawmakers here in the state capitol to see about suing the city of New York for deceptive and misleading practices.
Texas lawmaker Tony Sanchez says he's in agreement with Rochester. He feels that a strong message needs to be sent to all those complicit in this deception.
Ideally they want to get it legislated so that NY can't officially call itself the birthplace of Hip Hop

"For years Texas has been overlooked and essentially victim to big city politics which has resulted in cultural theft. We can not allow New York City officials to erroneously lay claim to being the birthplace of Hip Hop. It's a lie that needs to be corrected", Sanchez wrote in a recent press release.

NtG Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 11:45 AM | Message # 2

Heads
thats some BS especially this line....

Quote (LadyChinita41)
He claims that one of the reasons that Texas Hip Hop now outsells and is more popular then NY is because when it comes from here the audience is experiencing the 'real thing'.

[deleted]
Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 11:50 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (NtG)
thats some BS especially this line....
what real thing lol
yea thats sick.. but why sue? money hungry.. of course we all know we can trace roots so far back before kool herc as we all know much of this history but what they all gonna sue? its redilucious.. we can even go back to jamaica for toasting etc.. what jamaica gonna sue to? just a point its rediculious and hope ny can get the right lawyers to fight back, only some one that truley understands why ny is called the birthplace starting with kool herc "hip hop"

Menace Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:23 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Texas ?? i can trace hip hop back to the griots in Africa and the griot style of poetry that is a forefather for spoken word poetry there is no historical proof that hip hop was first born as a sound in Texas the first sound was heard in NYC of course we can trace and find similarities to many music genres all over the world but the first mix that the sound came from was first heard in NYC we got actual people that lived in those times and at that moment when Kool Herc made his magic

Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:34 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Texas ?? i can trace hip hop back to the griots in Africa and the griot style of poetry that is a forefather for spoken word poetry there is no historical proof that hip hop was first born as a sound in Texas the first sound was heard in NYC of course we can trace and find similarities to many music genres all over the world but the first mix that the sound came from was first heard in NYC we got actual people that lived in those times and at that moment when Kool Herc made his magic

exactly, menace go fight this if it happens.. we need u up there reppin hip hop smile i'm hopeing if this does happen they get some of hip hop founding fathers to help fight.. these lawyers deff wont know crap. i dont know how something like this would be handled if this lawsuit went through.

ill Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:34 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
texas loses out on cultural recognition because its texas, not because people think hip hop started in NY

some funny shit lol

The World Is Yours
Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:35 PM | Message # 7

Heads
i vote menace for president smile lol

11thPlague Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:36 PM | Message # 8

Removed
Quote (ill)
texas loses out on cultural recognition because its texas, not because people think hip hop started in NY
some funny shit lol

lol thats fucked up

im from H_town

Menace Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:41 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita41)
i vote menace for president

hell yeah imm,a bring real change imma put an end to the empire and bring democracy back LOL and of course hand out free toilet paper biggrin

Quote (11thPlague)
some funny shit lol

lol thats right on point Texas had a bad reputation all over the world for racism and lynchings nothing musical brought a bad rep to Texas the problem is this dude needs to start a social program or a grassroot just to spread the culture of Texas cause thats the way to bring respect not tru scandals and stuff like this

Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 12:44 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Menace)
free toilet paper

biggrin biggrin biggrin hell yea!! lol

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 2:07 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
C'mon Now....Really?!?!?! dry

WOW!!!

biggrin

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

TheWatcher Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 2:16 PM | Message # 12

Heads
I can just picture the Southern Accent on a rap record..
Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 2:20 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
I can just picture the Southern Accent on a rap record..

lol
biggrin howdy yall doin today, everybody say giddy up, any ridden cowboys in da roadhouse!!!!!? ...lol omg let me stop.. the accent is fine just like i enjoy other accents but this is kina funny.

11thPlague Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 2:26 PM | Message # 14

Removed
LOL Yall evr been to Texas????
Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 2:36 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (11thPlague)
LOL Yall evr been to Texas????

yea i have..houston..i love the southern accents.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Rochester Wants To Sue New York For The Birth Of Hip Hop ((News))
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: