[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, s0dr2  
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » What Is Your Religious Orientation? ((If you had to label yourself, what would you be?))
What Is Your Religious Orientation?
YANHAP1 Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 6:06 AM | Message # 61

DJs
Quote (I_Guy)
But the point is, the insults and condescension that come with religious debates are sort of sectioned off from newcomers and discouraged by regulars. Additionally it relieves the site of any impression of bias by providing opposing views with equal standing.

Agreed.

who killed bambi?

YANHAP1 Date: Tuesday, 15/Dec/09, 9:25 AM | Message # 62

DJs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Yeah I need better role models I'd say I'm full atheist now, mostly due to the fact that there's proof to things that contradict God. But that's for a different section.

So were you ever Muslim, if so how the fuck did that happen? :D

who killed bambi?

YANHAP1 Date: Tuesday, 15/Dec/09, 5:56 PM | Message # 63

DJs
Do tell! :D

who killed bambi?

ritesofpasage Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 5:53 PM | Message # 64

DJs
Christian

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
eboyd Date: Saturday, 19/Dec/09, 3:27 AM | Message # 65

Heads
Quote (ritesofpasage)
Christian

any specific denomination?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Rites Date: Sunday, 20/Dec/09, 3:45 PM | Message # 66

Watchers
Grew up Catholic. But now I see the church is way bigger than that. You?
eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 0:11 AM | Message # 67

Heads
Quote (Rites)
Grew up Catholic. But now I see the church is way bigger than that. You?

i was baptized Catholic, grew up in a family with a father who doesn't like labels so i can't really say what he truly is, other than that he is an agnostic theist who goes to church on occasion but isn't necessarily a Christian. my mom is a Christian and raised me as a Christian of no specific denomination. i began thinking critically around 15 and realized that the idea of faith, which i didn't understand until then, seemed absurd to me, but i remained a Christian. when i was 19 i learned about the Nation of Gods and Earths which lead me to a bit of a spiritual awakening. i found disagreement with them and became a pantheist and eventually an agnostic atheist. that is what i am to this day.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 1:34 AM | Message # 68

Emcees
i believe in the christian god but do not agree with the church and portions of the bible. i don't quite denounce my religion but don't really claim one at the same time.

Added (21/Dec/09, 1:34 Am)
---------------------------------------------
was raised presbyterian, a group of fake ass cats. worse than the high school crowd, no fuckin joke. but that was just the church i went to. im sure not all are like that. majority of my fam is baptist tho

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 2:49 AM | Message # 69

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
was raised presbyterian, a group of fake ass cats. worse than the high school crowd, no fuckin joke. but that was just the church i went to. im sure not all are like that. majority of my fam is baptist tho

as an atheist i still go to church on occasion. in fact i go to the same one. some of the greatest, most caring people i know go there. i have a few mentors there. they don't know i'm an atheist of course, but i guarantee many of them, if not all, would still accept me. the only people that wouldn't are people i barely associate with anyways, so it's cool. even though they are great people though, i still disagree with their beliefs, especially in regards to controversial topics such as homosexuality, abortion, politics in general, etc.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 0:06 AM | Message # 70

Emcees
especially in regards to controversial topics such as homosexuality, abortion, politics in general, etc.

in addition to that, i was a "troubled" youth. got into a lot of bullshit in middle and high school and no one wanted shit to do with me or my moms. cats just turned they back on us and im just like what the fuck. supposed to be all love but you guys are acting like i got the fuckin plague. that was like the first time i started to realize how the church did things. only when i got older i stopped going though for other reasons.

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 8:22 AM | Message # 71

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
in addition to that, i was a "troubled" youth. got into a lot of bullshit in middle and high school and no one wanted shit to do with me or my moms. cats just turned they back on us and im just like what the fuck. supposed to be all love but you guys are acting like i got the fuckin plague. that was like the first time i started to realize how the church did things. only when i got older i stopped going though for other reasons.

man, sorry to hear that. my church is part of the reason we still have a roof over our heads. if it wasn't for the money they provided us we'd be living on the streets. they also help people with the same problems you were having out. i don't think it's a problem with churches or christianity in general, but rather that you just need to find a better church. i grew up in this church. i love everyone there. i just hated the empty feeling of not truly being saved because i don't think that is possible because imo God doesn't exist, and i didn't come to that realization until i was older, so i was left with an empty feeling inside because no matter how hard i tried, God wouldn't speak to me. imo it is because i am too logical and intellectually honest with myself to fall into the emotions of experiencing God trap, but i could be wrong. either way it made me feel alone, sort of made me an outcast. that was the only thing i didn't enjoy about church. but since you believe in the Christian God it should be a lot easier for you.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 3:46 PM | Message # 72

Emcees
man, sorry to hear that. my church is part of the reason we still have a roof over our heads. if it wasn't for the money they provided us we'd be living on the streets. they also help people with the same problems you were having out. i don't think it's a problem with churches or christianity in general, but rather that you just need to find a better church. i grew up in this church. i love everyone there. i just hated the empty feeling of not truly being saved because i don't think that is possible because imo God doesn't exist, and i didn't come to that realization until i was older, so i was left with an empty feeling inside because no matter how hard i tried, God wouldn't speak to me. imo it is because i am too logical and intellectually honest with myself to fall into the emotions of experiencing God trap, but i could be wrong. either way it made me feel alone, sort of made me an outcast. that was the only thing i didn't enjoy about church. but since you believe in the Christian God it should be a lot easier for you.

I feel you. I'm glad and know there are some good in some churches but just cant accept the way they get people with food, shelter and clothes by getting them to read a bible. not really in America, and not referring to your church but mainly in other countries.

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 7:02 PM | Message # 73

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
i believe in the christian god but do not agree with the church and portions of the bible.

Exactly the same as me then, I don't know about every church out there though or how they operate but some are ridiculous.

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 23/Dec/09, 0:37 AM | Message # 74

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
I feel you. I'm glad and know there are some good in some churches but just cant accept the way they get people with food, shelter and clothes by getting them to read a bible. not really in America, and not referring to your church but mainly in other countries.

i agree completely and that is a big reason why i often speak out against religion. i am especially tired of filth like Mother Theresa getting praised like she did when she was telling poor people that squalor is where God wanted them.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Dookie Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 1:38 AM | Message # 75

Emcees
i vehemently dislike Religious Hypocrites. Those who cant follow the rules and tenets of their faith yet justify their diversion from these with excuses or the like. I was baptized by my own Grandfather who was a priest in the Church of England, was a Born Again Christian up until the age of 5 then my mum decided to quit because the Church was full of hypocrites. Currently i dont follow any religion but i do believe that a Creator exists. Im finding the Universal Zulu Nation stuff very interesting which i have been reading up on lately.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee

Message edited by Dookie - Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 1:39 AM
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » What Is Your Religious Orientation? ((If you had to label yourself, what would you be?))
Search: