[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » What Do You do In Heaven?
What Do You do In Heaven?
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 5:57 PM | Message # 31

Emcees
i wanna know where 1 billion people think im going to go when i die, its interesting. plus i cant deny/accept christianity if i dont know shit about it or any other religion

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 5:58 PM | Message # 32

OGs
Quote (ill)
i dont believe in god

The Bible makes it clear that those who do not believe cannot enter Heaven.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

But this of course is not the way to convert anyone to Christianity. You still have many years and you'll know where you'll be going on your deathbed.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:02 PM | Message # 33

OGs
Quote (ill)
i cant deny/accept christianity if i dont know shit about it or any other religion

well, thats where you do your researching smile

keeping in mind, all religions are under these catagories: Christianity (& Islam/Judaism), 2. polytheistic. 3. new religious movements

Of course you don't want to be a part of the "new religious movements" since those religions were created in our time and it makes sense to be a part of an old religion......2. polytheistics believe in multiple gods, but of course this is flawed, since there is no point for many to exist, otherwise they wouldn't be gods....

And all that's left is the Abrahamic religion......First it was judaism which prophecied a messiah (Jesus)....Jesus came and the Jews don't believe in Him and are still waiting for their messiah, so clearly theyve missed their messiah....and islam, well, ...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:06 PM | Message # 34

Emcees
Quote (sodr2)
Of course you don't want to be a part of the "new religious movements" since those religions were created in our time and it makes sense to be a part of an old religion......2. polytheistics believe in multiple gods, but of course this is flawed, since there is no point for many to exist, otherwise they wouldn't be gods....

word but thats where i think religion loses most credibility

i wanna ask you a question, would you be a christian if there was no promise of the afterlife?

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:10 PM | Message # 35

OGs
Quote (ill)
would you be a christian if there was no promise of the afterlife?

What would there be? Well then I guess God wouldn't love us enough, which is impossible since He is perfect...

but, hypothetically...i guess no? since there is no Judgment day...nothing to worry about, but this is all hypothetical

Added (09/Mar/09, 6:10 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (ill)
word but thats where i think religion loses most credibility

I dont understand...

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:10 PM
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:12 PM | Message # 36

OGs
Quote (8DiagramsOfDeath)
Ahem dry

lol, I got nothing against it, i just dont no what to say so i left it up to him if he believes in Muhammad or not

ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:14 PM | Message # 37

Emcees
why didnt he forgive adam and eve?

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:18 PM | Message # 38

OGs
Quote (ill)
why didnt he forgive adam and eve?

God? He is just....if He is perfect, His mercy (ie forgiving them) wouldn't be greater than His justice.

But didn't you forget that He DID forgive adam and all of us by the cross?? out of HIS LOVE! which is above all

Added (09/Mar/09, 6:18 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Read this:

Luke 3
John the Baptist Prepares the Way
1 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene, 2 while Annas and Caiaphas were high priests,[a] the word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins, 4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying:

“ The voice of one crying in the wilderness:

‘ Prepare the way of the LORD;
Make His paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled
And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made straight
And the rough ways smooth;
6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’”

The point I'm trying to make is that here we have names of people, dates, places, rulers of that time. The Bible is based on hard and solid fact, unlike myths which are present in various religions.

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:19 PM
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:24 PM | Message # 39

Emcees
surely thats contradictory if he loves us enough to give us his son but he does not let his love forgive adam and eve

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:25 PM | Message # 40

OGs
Quote (ill)
surely thats contradictory if he loves us enough to give us his son but he does not let his love forgive adam and eve

You're missing the point....remember how I said there must be *justice*??????????????

Jesus took the blame for all our sins as justice for atonement. Man cannot save himself, so God had to come down to man's level (Jesus) to save him

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:28 PM
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:35 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
is god infallable?

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:35 PM | Message # 42

OGs
Of course.

ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:40 PM | Message # 43

Emcees
word thats not what i was thinking but it proves my point

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:40 PM | Message # 44

OGs
Quote (8DiagramsOfDeath)
Isn't Armageddon supposed to be the final battle between heaven and hell? That means God is capable of losing and is therefore fallable?

It doesn't mean that God is capable of losing. What's wrong with battling satan?

Deuteronomy 20:4
For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

That's like saying a buff guy can battle an anorexic, but they still have to battle, doesn't mean that the buff guy is "capable of losing."

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:41 PM
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:42 PM | Message # 45

Emcees
is the bible infallable too?

i never got the bible anyway is it the word of god of the documentation of the time or what

The World Is Yours
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » What Do You do In Heaven?
Search: