[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » What Do You do In Heaven?
What Do You do In Heaven?
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:42 PM | Message # 46

Emcees
btw safe for answering all this lol

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:43 PM | Message # 47

OGs
Quote (ill)
is the bible infallable too?

i never got the bible anyway is it the word of god of the documentation of the time or what

Yes the Bible is *infallible.

Take a look at this site:
http://www.onetruthministries.com/bible_inspired_word.html

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:52 PM | Message # 48

Emcees
i dont wanna offend you but how do you justify parts of the bible that are "wrong"

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:53 PM | Message # 49

OGs
Quote (ill)
i dont wanna offend you but how do you justify parts of the bible that are "wrong"

Ask whatever you want, it wont offend me.

Name one part that is "wrong" and well go from there.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:53 PM
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 6:55 PM | Message # 50

Emcees
i dont really know i hear alot of hype talk from both sides of the argument but god created light 3 days before stars?

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:00 PM | Message # 51

OGs
Quote (Joker13)
12.10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die, because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

OK this refers to a person who deliberately rebelled against God, even though he was part of the chosen people. They wandered the desert and any sin would spread like wildfire. He knew his punishment.

Added (09/Mar/09, 7:00 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (ill)
i dont really know i hear alot of hype talk from both sides of the argument but god created light 3 days before stars?

oh i thought you would be talking about things like women or killing people, but in regards to genesis:

The Bible, including the Genesis account, is to be taken literally in the sense that the truest meaning of the text is to be taken literally. The question always is, what did the inspired author really mean to teach - had he the scientific information of the modern (or any) era.

A fundamentalist (people who take the Bible literally) approach forgets this deeper question and presumes that the apparent intention of the author is necessarily his truest intent.

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:01 PM
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:02 PM | Message # 52

OGs
About God stoning people, or God's people being stoned for believing? Just go to http://www.biblegateway.com/ and type "stoning" or whatever.

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:02 PM
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:08 PM | Message # 53

OGs

Added (09/Mar/09, 7:08 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Joker13)
this one explain please "then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die, because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father’s house; so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

Translated better:

...she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you.

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:13 PM | Message # 54

OGs
HOLD UP!! One second, please read before it:

"If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you."

***IF*** Therefore the people who would do this would be *deliberately* committing this sin with full awareness of their punishment since it was from God. They would be going out of there way, plus who knows, it probably never happened.

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:13 PM
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:16 PM | Message # 55

OGs
Quote (Joker13)
it did happen but hmm i unno man all this bible stuff makes my head get confuzzled

where does it say that a girl WAS stoned outside her fathers house??

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:20 PM | Message # 56

OGs
yeah....and they knew that if they did whatever they did, they would get stoned....sin spread, they had hearts of stone back then

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:24 PM | Message # 57

OGs
wonder how ill's doing...

ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:29 PM | Message # 58

Emcees
lol sorry i was watching about 2012 and the "end of the world"

how do you justify that this is all real, not the historical dates which are largely undebatable but stuff like miricles

The World Is Yours
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:35 PM | Message # 59

OGs
miracles??

man i should show you guys some...shall i make a thread?

Message edited by sodr2 - Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:35 PM
ill Date: Monday, 09/Mar/09, 7:36 PM | Message # 60

Emcees
Quote (Joker13)
oh man the POLE SHIFT :O

serious theres some interesting stuff but the world aint gonna end lol

edit: if you want man but i kinda like the tone in this thread

The World Is Yours
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » What Do You do In Heaven?
Search: