Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
More Debate On Religion
eboyd Date: Saturday, 28/Nov/09, 3:03 PM | Message # 151

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
if thats circular reasoning then how do we know consciousness exists? i am aware of stuff, therefore consciousness exists...i think your wiki pages addresses this ill check them out later

that is a very big issue, this is correct. we really don't know consciousness exists, in fact. that is a debate that may never be answered. we do not, however, claim to know. that is one of the biggest mysteries in modern science and philosophy.

Quote (sodr2)
i always see him debate with hitchens, i dont think hes that bad... who in your opinion is a better debater?

i'll start by saying that debate on this subject is a bit of a lost cause anyways because people like D'Souza and just about every religious debater i know of presents falsehoods as facts and does a good job of it because, unlike scientists, part of their job description is public speaking. if you can lie and present it as fact and sound like you are one of the greatest speakers of all time, of course you are going to win a debate. i would go with deist or religious philosophers' writings or maybe the writings of Einstein over D'Souza any day.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 28/Nov/09, 6:52 PM | Message # 152

Heads
Additionaly, scientists are used to dealing with honest people. So to be confronted with the kind of lies presented, I'm sure they are off set.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
Search: