Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
More Debate On Religion
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 5:50 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Ok I really want to know, do you think religon is bullshit?
I am really trying to decide my religon.
Lately I have been questioning shit lately.
I dont know.
There is no proof that jesus even exsisted.
Same goes for everything else religon.
Religon seems like a bunch of fairy tales.

What do you think?

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 5:56 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Don't make me go here. Please biggrin nah, but I was raised Christian and started questioning shit too. I don't label myself anything, I just believe what I believe.what it all comes down to though is that when all the useless info is stripped away you are forced to make a decision; you must choose between believing in an eternal being creating the universe, an eternal universe, a cyclical universe, a false reality, or anything else that may explain the origins of the universe (or lack of it's existence) that your mind can concoct.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 5:57 PM | Message # 3

Rappers
Fuck it smile

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Menace Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 5:57 PM | Message # 4

Heads
if you got something good out of it then it's real if you have faith in it then it's real fairy tale ?? well historically speaking yes it depends on the individual and how he understands life religion by definition doesn't mean one book and one church institutionalization of religion pretty much corrupted it in my opinion

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 6:03 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Don't make me go here. Please nah, but I was raised Christian and started questioning shit too. I don't label myself anything, I just believe what I believe.what it all comes down to though is that when all the useless info is stripped away you are forced to make a decision; you must choose between believing in an eternal being creating the universe, an eternal universe, a cyclical universe, a false reality, or anything else that may explain the origins of the universe (or lack of it's existence) that your mind can concoct.

Im on the same page as Erik

Sick With It
Menace Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 6:05 PM | Message # 6

Heads
ohh and i rather be an agnostic then anything because i am whit my feet to much on the ground i don't think about the afterlife i think about how tomorrow will be i try to make life better here i don't give a shit about anything else

thehlaw Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 7:25 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
For me I cant beleive in religion though I do have faith in god. People made different religions to fit there own beleifs and takes on the same book. Such as the no drinking alcohol thing, some religions beleive it is a sin to drink at all. Now to me Jesus first miricale was turning water into wine at a wedding. Jahova witnesses beleive like only 100,000 people gonna make it to heaven. Now if you beleive that out of the millions and millions of them you might as well quit because most likley your not gonna be one of them when you have saints, priests, nuns and what not who dedicate there whole life to god. Myself I have been through to many things and seen to many miricles to not have faith. As for religion I went to a christian church once and they said if you jump up on this stage you will be saved and go to heaven and what not. I was like wow all I got to do is hop up on this stage and im good LOL. Catholic church beleives that you got to confess to a priest when it says in the bible you can come to god yourself anytime. Is religion good though, I beleive sometimes yes because I have seen it turn peoples lives around and keep them out of prison and leading a good life. So on that aspect I can not hate on it. But its not for me and you got to decide that for yourself.
PEACE
JB

STOP THE VIOLENCE
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 8:59 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
thehlaw,
Jabee Williams?
surprised

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:10 PM | Message # 9

OGs
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

yes, every religion has absolutely no proof, other than ancient texts (trust me, they are different from the Bible)

THINK about it....*most* religions are polytheistic...now ask yourself, can many gods exist? that doesn't even make sense, they are only idols, there can only be ONE God, because there's no reason for many to exist.

the only religion to consider is the Abrahamic religion (jewish, christianity, islam)
judaism: promised a messiah
christianity: Jesus, the promised messiah
islam: read the quran

BTW, the Bible consists of dates, names of places, rulers of that time, etc etc (ie cold and hard facts), show me one other religious text like it.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)

wow, what have people been telling you? nearly every historian agrees with Jesus' existence:

Secular sources for the existence of Jesus

1. Flavius Josephus (37 A.D - 101 AD, Jewish Historian) mentions John the Baptist and Herod - Book of Antiquities book 18 chapter 5 paragraph 2

- "Now some of the Jews thought that the destruction of Herod's army came from God, and that very justly, as a punishment of what he did against John, that was called the Baptist: for Herod slew him, who was a good man, and commanded the Jews to exercise virtue, both as to righteousness towards one another, and piety towards God, and so to come to baptism; for that the washing [with water] would be acceptable to him, if they made use of it, not in order to the putting away [or the remission] of some sins [only], but for the purification of the body; supposing still that the soul was thoroughly purified beforehand by righteousness."

2. Flavius Josephus (37 A.D - 101 AD, Jewish Historian) mentions Jesus - Book of Antiquities book 18 chapter 3 paragraph 3

- "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, (9) those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; (10) as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day. "

3. Flavius Josephus (37 A.D - 101 AD, Jewish Historian) mentions James, the brother of Jesus, Book of Antiquities book 20 chapter 9

- "Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done."

4. Flavius Josephus (37 A.D - 101 AD, Jewish Historian) mentions Ananias the High priest who was mentioned on Acts 23:2

- "Now as soon as Albinus was come to the city of Jerusalem, he used all his endeavors and care that the country might be kept in peace, and this by destroying many of the Sicarii. But as for the high priest, Ananias (25) he increased in glory every day, and this to a great degree, and had obtained the favor and esteem of the citizens in a signal manner; for he was a great hoarder up of money"

5. Tacitus (55 AD - 117 AD, Roman historian) mentions "Christus" who is Jesus - Annals 15.44

- "Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular."

6. Lucian ( AD 120 - 180 AD) mentions Jesus

- "The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. . . . You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. All this they take quite on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods alike, regarding them merely as common property."

7. Pliny the Younger mentions Jesus

- "They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food but food of an ordinary and innocent kind."

8. Thallus mentions an eclipse of the sun

-"On the whole world there pressed a most fearful darkness; and the rocks were rent by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his history, calls, as appears to me without reason, an eclipse of the sun."

9. The Talmud

- "On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Any one who can say anything in his favor, let him come forward and plead on his behalf." But since nothing was brought forward in his favor he was hanged on the eve of the Passover!"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:13 PM | Message # 10

Heads
good info sodr

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:19 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Oh my God! I kind of actually agree with sodr! surprised biggrin

Btw, thanks for getting on finally JB! biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:21 PM | Message # 12

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Btw, thanks for getting on finally JB! biggrin

are you talking to me?

well, yea thx, before i had this site linked on my toolbar, but for some reason it was removed and i was too lazy to go to youtube then groups then RHHF, then more info then this site, then enter then hip hop lounge then new messages...........so yeah

but i took the curtisy of putting back up on my toolbar again biggrin

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

eboyd Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:24 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Sodr, is your name JB? biggrin if it is that's a crazy coincidence! JB is thehlaw (see above). He's the guy from Temple of Hip Hop who is helping us out.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:29 PM | Message # 14

OGs
lol, i was confused as to why u wrote JB (because u know i havent gone on here in a long time)

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 9:29 PM
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 05/Apr/09, 2:00 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
there can only be ONE God, because there's no reason for many to exist.

WHY?

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
Search: