More Debate On Religion
UniteC Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:54 AM | Message # 31

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Skater Punk
[Rappers]
Group: Rappers
Reproofs: 0%
Ok I really want to know, do you think religon is bullshit?
I am really trying to decide my religon.
Lately I have been questioning shit lately.
I dont know.
There is no proof that jesus even exsisted.
Same goes for everything else religon.
Religon seems like a bunch of fairy tales.

What do you think?

i think religion is more of a filling then anything ...if u ask me...
its just a evolved form of all the gut fillings we've developed through out are lifetime...
i duno what my religon is but i do believe in a higher power of some sort...
i think the biggest problom with religion...is what it has turned into over time...
im talkin mainly about christians ....i just dont like the how christians judge so much nowa days...
im had alot of probloms in my past with such ppl...
my ex's parents were mad church going ppl and bigg christians ....(there indian and i meen from india)
and w/e i did in my life had something to do with god or something like that...
and overall they judged me as a bad person because i wasnt a follower ....
and i think thats the biggest problom nowa days wit it...
if u dont fallow us ur not worthy of being on are level...
and if u kno anything about the bible and its message....theres alot in there about not judging and accepting ppl....
so many religion gowers controdict them selves over an over again....and its kinda shady if u ask me...
but if its your thing then im not one to judge you....because thats not me...

my religion is.... my self....
my god is.... my self...
the high power is me..if there is higher power...its something inside of us which is your mission to find
i fallow my gut fillings...and try to better my self every day...
hands down....these are just SOME of my thoughts on religion...

"Flows got the breeze on my clothes got the scent of trees/
i lay back and blow sax like kenny G'g/"

"Whole body blingin' like 3PO nigga..."

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 11:48 AM | Message # 32

Emcees
I find it funny that people say there is NO proof that Christ existed when there is so much scripture within many religions that claim he did and many of them even claim to have witnessed his miracles... So why is it even in question that this happened??? None of us have ever seen Hitler but Im sure we can all agree that he existed because of documents, history books etc... sure there is video of him but why don't we question it's authenticity the we we question Jesus'??? hitler had many followers and believers in his "movement" but to this day, Jesus Christ a 'man' who people claim is "fake" still has and always will have many more followers and as our society drifts further away from 'the word' the worse humanity is becoming and more tragedy, pain and sadness there is in the world....if we all loved each other the way Christ/God told us to there is NO denying that humanity would be much better off and a lot happier as a whole..... we were all born out of love which is why there isn't total anarchy in the world. We all have that good(GOD) inside of us and some of us choose to follow a darker path(satan's)which causes in humans the issues we're having within in our societies.... If this isn't proof enuff of a higher purpose/power then I don't know what is. Science will NEVER be able to prove where good and evil comes from...Nobody is EVER born Evil...Why? We never turn evil until we make that "free choice" we were given in the garden.... it's a lot simpler than we make it out to be but at the same time GOD is unfthomable as long as we're in the flesh which is why the son(Jesus) was sent to us in the form of a human........

that being said tho............"Religion" is still a bad idea unless it becomes ONE....because religion right now basically means seperating ourselves from each other when clearly we need to come together to better Humanity. Just like GOD has wanted us to do from day 1

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 12:20 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
hat being said tho............"Religion" is still a bad idea unless it becomes ONE....because religion right now basically means seperating ourselves from each other when clearly we need to come together to better Humanity. Just like GOD has wanted us to do from day 1

WORD !!!! but remember even God was afraid of the unity of man wink check Genesis 11:1-9

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 1:50 PM | Message # 34

OGs
that being said tho............

yes....well said.......

"Religion" is still a bad idea unless it becomes ONE....because religion right now basically means seperating ourselves from each other when clearly we need to come together to better Humanity. Just like GOD has wanted us to do from day 1

no.....

there is a difference between religion and REVEALED religion (ie Christianity). What do you mean "unless it becomes ONE"?? That will never happen....plus i cant see how this makes sense. there are different stories and testimonies within several religions..............everyone needs to come to the truth (Christianity) and the truth shall set you free (Kingdom of God)

NOW....they being said: read the parable of the wise and foolish virgins: there are only wise and foolish people on this earth. take heed lest you fall and dont be closed minded.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:25 PM | Message # 35

Emcees
Quote (sodr2)
What do you mean "unless it becomes ONE"??

Quote (sodr2)
everyone needs to come to the truth (Christianity) and the truth shall set you free (Kingdom of God)

You answered your own question wink
There can only be ONE truth...............so when we(we probably won't)recognize one truth we will be one religion

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:35 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Or, maybe, no religion at all wink

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:39 PM | Message # 37

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Or, maybe, no religion at all

maybe.......................................................................................... blink Cue twightlight zone theme

Message edited by MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue - Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:39 PM
Menace Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:39 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
everyone needs to come to the truth (Christianity) and the truth shall set you free (Kingdom of God)

that line was used in gruesome contexts in the past 500 years LOL biggrin

Menace Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:44 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (sodr2)

instead of trying to drag religion everywhere why we ain't trying to bring everyone together and work for our mutual aid ?? ohh wait we let our religious tendencies lead our humanitarian ones wait we live in a world where competition is everything ok so thats whats up as i said before i put my humanity over everything including religion cause what we do is divide ourselves and then we let others conquer us

eboyd Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2:47 PM | Message # 40

Heads
MAK, why cue the Twilight Zone theme? You scared that there may be nothing after this? biggrin

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 3:38 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
MAK, why cue the Twilight Zone theme? You scared that there may be nothing after this?

not scared No...... that would be pretty gay tho' if there wasn't.......and for those that do believe there's nothing after this, why not just kill yourself and save yourself all the pain and grief this world has to offer???? maybe cuz deep down you're scared there IS something after???...or maybe you're truly thankful for the 'gift' of life?!?!? Gift's don't come from nowhere and nothing tho'.... they come out of love.....GOD=Love................ So, is life a gift or a curse??

Watcher Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 3:42 PM | Message # 42

Watchers
[quote=MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue]not scared No...... that would be pretty gay tho' if there wasn't.......and for those that do believe there's nothing after this, why not just kill yourself and save yourself all the pain and grief this world has to offer???? maybe cuz deep down you're scared there IS something after???...or maybe you're truly thankful for the 'gift' of life?!?!? Gift's don't come from nowhere and nothing tho'.... they come out of love.....GOD=Love................ So, is life a gift or a curse?? [/quote]

A curse that God placed on us

eboyd Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 4:17 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Obviously the people saying it is a curse are religious and I respect that, but I disagree. I feel that you can't really define it as either, because what is your definition of each? It's neither. It is what you make of it. If we want to use the false dilemma of gift or curse (I hate using dilemmas because most are false, but if I were to pick) I would say that it's both. That is a loose and lame explanation though. My life experience has truly muddled my definition of good and bad though and, although I recognize that it may just be me, I feel we have the power to define everything, especially in reference to good and bad. Gifts (good) and curses (bad) can be defined as such and therefore I avoid such terms. I recognize also the possibility that God exists and even see that it is just as likely as an eternal universe with no divine power, however, I lean towards the overwhelming empirical evidence that supports the claims of Richard Dawkins and company. Nothing more nothing less. I disagree, however, with the attacking approach that such figures take. Therefore I do not suspend judgment, but instead concur with them that it is more likely, in my mind, that the universe is eternal. For that matter, although I despise labelling, if you want to lump me in some group, I guess you can call me an agnostic with a heavy atheist leaning. That's just my take on the idea of religion and God.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 4:28 PM | Message # 44

Heads
Now to actually answer your question (lol!) I will say this: I live my life knowing that there is no purpose other than that which I make for myself and I get through day by day knowing I have precious little time for existence which can be a beautiful thing if I allow it to be, so I create guidelines for my own living and live by them. These guidelines are based on my own logic mixed with the standards of my surrounding society and I do not fear death, for in death you simply enter an eternal lucid state I would think, but instead I embrace life, for I know it lies on a spatio-temperal plane and all things that do have a beginning and end. So if there is a beginning and end, why waste time in between? That being said, I recognize religion as necessary for certain people to instill societal morals because, let's face it, certain people cannot handle total control of their destiny. They do thing that, in our society, we consider bad because they have no sense of good or bad. If you create a sense of good and bad and it fits society's ideas (ie: do not kill anyone, rape anyone, etc.) then you will be just fine, but some people use the ideals I have to justify murder, genocide, ect., and I can't agree with that, but I cannot definitively call it wrong either, because we have total control over the definitions of such words.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 4:33 PM | Message # 45

Emcees
Erik..... so you lean more toward "no God" yet(I don't know you, but...) i get the feeling Ur as kind as you can be to other people (aside from your smart ass comments here- lol) and lean away from evil desires for the most part... but if you have a strong belief in nothing after death(no consequences) then what do you base your morals around? why choose that "good" over "evil" and then hate on the "false dilemma" when clearly it is a dilemma in your everyday ethics?!?!

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
Search: