Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion: Real or Fake
Religion: Real or Fake
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:52 AM | Message # 1

Heads
What began this thread:
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/12-1890-1

Religious folks need to give up.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:56 AM | Message # 2

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Religious folks need to give up.

do you think by saying this, its going to help anyone in any way?

according to yourself, i have permission to insult you since you're being unreasonable

oh wait, I'm a Christian

sorry

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:57 AM | Message # 3

Heads
It was simply objective commentary.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:58 AM | Message # 4

OGs
THAT was objective? give me the biggest break of my life, i could say the exact same thing to atheists

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:06 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
THAT was objective? give me the biggest break of my life, i could say the exact same thing to atheists

I haven't participated in this argument, therefore, it is objective. Besides, religion doesn't use objective reasoning/logic/rationality, so therefore, no, you couldn't say that.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:25 AM | Message # 6

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
I haven't participated in this argument, therefore, it is objective.

huh?

you said Religious folks need to give up. tell me how this is objective when i could say the same for atheists?

Quote (I_Guy)
Besides, religion doesn't use objective reasoning/logic/rationality, so therefore, no, you couldn't say that.

Yes it does: GOD.

otherwise everything else is subjective

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:27 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
huh?
you said Religious folks need to give up. tell me how this is objective when i could say the same for atheists?

Because you have to understand that you don't use reasoning/logic/rationality, so therefore you have no right to call your observations objective.

Quote (sodr2)
Yes it does: GOD.
otherwise everything else is subjective

You have no idea what you're talking about. I can't even respond to a comment so empty.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:41 PM | Message # 8

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Because you have to understand that you don't use reasoning/logic/rationality, so therefore you have no right to call your observations objective.

wow....i guess isaac newton didn't use reasoning/logic /rationality

you claim religion is irrational and illogical? THAT is called being closed minded, and i assure you, you are going nowhere with this kind of attitude

Quote (I_Guy)
You have no idea what you're talking about. I can't even respond to a comment so empty.

i think your mom doesn't know what she's talking about in bed

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:46 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
wow....i guess isaac newton didn't use reasoning/logic /rationality

What? He used it to the best of his ability and in a time mostly devoid of it. You also have to understand that logic builds upon concrete evidence created by past logic. Logic is a building block for only stronger logic in the future. Logic develops and strengthens in peoples (well certain people's) minds over time.

Quote (sodr2)
you claim religion is irrational and illogical? THAT is called being closed minded, and i assure you, you are going nowhere with this kind of attitude

No! It is not close minded at all. It is a fact! It doesn't use the tools of the intellect, it only uses faith and heart.

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 3:24 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
Quote (ill)
religion is just a mind trap,

yet to this day "religion" prevails over all the evil "mind trapping" men who've tried to destroy God's word..........how does anybody justify that truly following GOD's word is a bad thing???....If we all did it we would all be happier and there'd be much more love in this world.... Who's the real morons??? Atheists or True Followers???

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 3:37 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
yet to this day "religion" prevails over all the evil "mind trapping" men who've tried to destroy God's word..........how does anybody justify that truly following GOD's word is a bad thing???....If we all did it we would all be happier and there'd be much more love in this world.... Who's the real morons??? Atheists or True Followers???

It inhibits mankind's advancement.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 3:47 PM | Message # 12

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
it only uses faith and heart.

no it doesn't.......ever hear of testimonies? witnesses? PROPHECIES? miracles?

Menace Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 3:49 PM | Message # 13

Heads

religion prevails ?? over what ?? religion occurred in the Middle Paleolithic some 40,000 years ago they used religion to understand nature phenomenas and other such things they weren't capable to understand certain things so they pointed them towards the supernatural thats how religion evolved from polytheistic to monotheistic if you look into history humans evolve and their religions evolve too religion didn't prevail over nothing it evolved because humans evolved ohh and Atheism has a clean sheet when it comes to massacres and bad things so i don't know why people see Atheism so so bad for nearly 2000 years we used religion to conquer others in our religions name to kill others in our religions name and such

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 3:50 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
testimonies? witnesses? PROPHECIES? miracles?

...in which logic and empirical evidence is absent. Quit proving your opponents points. It really puts a halt on your own.

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 4:07 PM | Message # 15

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
religion prevails ?? over what ??

I put "religion" in quotes b/c this seems everyone refers to God's word as "religion"......

And AGAIN you ignore my question with an irelevant rebuttle and "facts" that don't prove GOD's Word being truly followed wouldn't save us.

how does anybody justify that truly following GOD's word is a bad thing???....If we all did it we would all be happier and there'd be much more love in this world.... Who's the real morons??? Atheists or True Followers???

Answer this...According to the ONE GOD's True word and request of humans(all in the Bible and even in other religions scripture), would we not all be better off and would there not be more love amongst us if we all followed GOD's original law??? Governments, Freedom fighters, revolutionaries....they all get somewhere at times but in the end EVERYONE fails and EVERYONE is too stubborn to just look to GOD's WORD knowing damn well this is the ONLY solution to saving Humanity....... And yet we're an "Evolving" race??? Naw, we're moving backwards!!! Which in the end proves evolution WRONG!

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion: Real or Fake
Search: