Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion: Real or Fake
Religion: Real or Fake
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:52 AM | Message # 1

Heads
What began this thread:
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/12-1890-1

Religious folks need to give up.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Furious_Pryme Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:06 PM | Message # 451

Removed
Quote (I_Guy)
Listen man, Sodr will respond to this with the Adam and Eve bullshit. That is why all of this happens. The devil released sin through Adam and Eve. God sits back and waits for people to come to him, meanwhile allowing all of this chaos and sin to continue because the first humans brought it upon the world because they didn't listen to god in the first place.
I know it's complete bullshit, but it's useless to bring up the arguments you are bringin up FuriousPryme, because if you were paying attention to this thread you would have seen that we already went over these points. Sodr cannot understand, therefore we must move on to different topics. You are going to bring this discussion to a circle so just chill or learn what we have and haven't talked about.

Alright thank you for not disrespecting me in anyway
and you're correct about that im just trying to make him
see other peoples opinions on it. I respect him for not giving
up in something he loves but yeah..i see your point
ThaScience Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:08 PM | Message # 452

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Listen man, Sodr will respond to this with the Adam and Eve bullshit

well that adam and eve bullshit and other religions such as Islam, and Chritianity is the reason.. IMO... why places such as Europe and the Middle East moved on from some agricultural shit hole to a more developed society.. around the continet. and look at other places in hisory where they worshiped something, the egyptians, greeks, aztecs, all had gods etc.. and then look at other countries that are obviosu i need not name, with no religion until they were either turned christian or muslim.. and look at them now.. i rest my case.

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:09 PM | Message # 453

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
but evolution is still a theory and hasnt been 100% proven.

Gravity is still a theory

Cells are still a theory

Germs are still a theory

Light is still a theory

Sound is still a theory

The fact the evolution is "still a theory" means nothing. The amount of evidence that supports the theory is what matters.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ThaScience Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:11 PM | Message # 454

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)

Gravity is still a theory

Cells are still a theory

Germs are still a theory

Light is still a theory

Sound is still a theory

The fact the evolution is "still a theory" means nothing. The amount of evidence that supports the theory is what matters.

Your just skipping around the question.. dry

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:13 PM | Message # 455

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
Your just skipping around the question

What question? I never saw a ? anywhere in any of your posts.

BTW, keep in mind that nothing can be 100% proven. Besides you can't put a % on proof anyway.

ThaScience Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:18 PM | Message # 456

OGs
the question in which i said that evolution so far cant be proven.. and everything u listed has more chance of being proven then evolution. like i say, findin old bones isnt proof for the biggest question on earth, where to we come from? im not gonna repeat myself much more... i believe in it but that dont mean u have to dismiss religion.

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 10/Jun/09, 9:36 PM | Message # 457

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
like i say, findin old bones isnt proof for the biggest question on earth,

There is far more evidence than some old bones. There is genetic evidence, embryo evidence, anatomical evidence, direct observation,....you can't only limit it to the simple concept of fossils.

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 11/Jun/09, 0:15 AM | Message # 458

Heads
Sodr, you claim that the bible gives us morals. How did people not wipe themselves out before the bible was completed? I'm talking thousands of years before the bible. How did all the ancient societies flourish without knowing about the bible's morals?

eboyd Date: Thursday, 11/Jun/09, 3:31 AM | Message # 459

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
God exists outside of science!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYY use scientific tools to detect him!??!?!

Quote (ThaScience)
hey, wheres the "missing link" wheres the half monkey half human, the monkey that can stand up n run straight like us.. wheres the humans who look disformed that.. oh never mind.. its jus a THEORY

ha

i know someone who is just as, if not more religious than you who isn't dumb enough to actually believe that God is outside the realm of capabilities of science. in fact, he would call you an idiot for believing that. and his father was a priest and both of them are fundamentalists. he is the only religious person i have been able to argue with on a truly intellectual level. he believes the fundamentals of evolution and things like the big bang are compatible with Christianity as well. he's right. neither disprove God. of course there is very little in this universe that is actually provable. i'd actually say that there is only one provable thing in this universe and that is the cogito and even that has an element which i wish to challenge some day (obviously only on the basis of theory).

Quote (ThaScience)
well that adam and eve bullshit and other religions such as Islam, and Chritianity is the reason.. IMO... why places such as Europe and the Middle East moved on from some agricultural shit hole to a more developed society.. around the continet. and look at other places in hisory where they worshiped something, the egyptians, greeks, aztecs, all had gods etc.. and then look at other countries that are obviosu i need not name, with no religion until they were either turned christian or muslim.. and look at them now.. i rest my case.

that is a terrible argument! America is the most fundamentally Christian country in the world and there is a much higher crime rate here, more strange fetishes than anywhere else, and, of course, Hollywood (need i say more?). countries like Japan, for example, where the percentage of atheists is almost twice that of America and the population is damn high as well, there is a significantly lower crime rate, better education, better health care, a larger middle class, etc. there are plenty of similar examples. England, for example, is almost half atheist and they are in a similar situation.

Quote (ThaScience)
the question in which i said that evolution so far cant be proven.. and everything u listed has more chance of being proven then evolution. like i say, findin old bones isnt proof for the biggest question on earth, where to we come from? im not gonna repeat myself much more... i believe in it but that dont mean u have to dismiss religion.

EXACTLY! evolution is not inherent proof against religion people! wake up!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ThaScience Date: Thursday, 11/Jun/09, 6:11 AM | Message # 460

OGs
shut up eboy. dont take little quotes from me and then go writing a essay. dry ur the biggest dickhead on this website along with gemini, no offense. go back to listening to lil john and britney spears.

Quote (I_Guy)
There is far more evidence than some old bones. There is genetic evidence, embryo evidence, anatomical evidence, direct observation,....you can't only limit it to the simple concept of fossils.

im not disproving this theory which u want me to, but im jus sayin.. if they can find fosils frm dinosaurs 60 mil yrs ago why cant they find DIRECTLY related to us more then 60,000 yrs in eastern africa.. of course ud b an idiot not to see that we are the same as monkeys, but there isnt 100% proof as of yet.. "missing link" so what im sayin is that dont make this thread into some science vs religion shit, jus cos u cant see god etc and makin dumb comments like that, we can say the same for evolution. nah mean.

and there wasnt many societys before the bible that were any good, but the ones that did make it big had religion and looked to the skys. peace

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 11/Jun/09, 11:34 PM | Message # 461

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
ur the biggest dickhead on this website along with gemini, no offense.

? confused

Quote (ThaScience)
im not disproving this theory which u want me to, but im jus sayin.. if they can find fosils frm dinosaurs 60 mil yrs ago why cant they find DIRECTLY related to us more then 60,000 yrs in eastern africa.. of course ud b an idiot not to see that we are the same as monkeys, but there isnt 100% proof as of yet.. "missing link" so what im sayin is that dont make this thread into some science vs religion shit, jus cos u cant see god etc and makin dumb comments like that, we can say the same for evolution. nah mean.

If you were paying attention to this thread you would have already seen me say explicitly that nothing can be fully proven. I already said evolution cannot be fully proven, and almost nothing else can be fully proven, and I also said you can't put a fucking percentage on proof in the first place, so the way you are presenting your argument is already bullshit by misrepresenting proof and truth as a measurable idea. Like I said, almost nothing can be proven, but some things can have more evidence than others. That's all there is to it.
The theory of evolution is still moderately young. You act like it's already supposed to have all the answers. We should be thankful for how many answers it has already in such a short time. Your asking for the missing link and shit? Do you understand how hard it is to find such things. You act like we have dug up everyone's backyard in the world, and still haven't found it. There is far too much of the world untouched by geologists. You have to give this shit time. It is an extremely slow and difficult process.

Quote (ThaScience)
and there wasnt many societys before the bible that were any good, but the ones that did make it big had religion and looked to the skys. peace

How would you know. Sure, they had primitive religions, but not the bible. The point is, if all men are doomed to sin, and the bible is the light to guide people away from sin and destruction, how did all of these civilizations last so long without the bible? There were plenty of societies before the bible, and untouched by the bible, how about the Egyptians, all of the Greek empires (Athenian, Macedonian, Seleucid, Antigonid, Ptolemaic), Etruscans, Romans, Caral Supe, Hittites, Indus, Mayan, Assyrian, Sumarians (the society from which almost all ancient religions borrowed ideas), Akkadian, Babylonian, Olmec, Persian, Minoans, Philistines, Israelites, Phoenecians. That's only some of the western civilizations, that's not even to mention all of the eastern civilizations. And there were plenty of great civilizations that lived perfectly fine during the time of the bible as well, yet untouched by it. The point is, all of these societies did perfectly fine for hundreds of years without the morality of the bible. What's up with that?

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 12/Jun/09, 1:50 AM | Message # 462

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
are you serious? dont you know that we believe God has revealed Himself to us?!!??!?!!? don't you think that is justifiable!?!?!?

people believe a lot of things.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Watcher Date: Monday, 15/Jun/09, 4:03 PM | Message # 463

Watchers
[quote=I_Guy]And the bible is just a book. [/quote]
its not one book
[quote=I_Guy]Sodr cannot understand, therefore we must move on to different topics.[/quote]
what are you talking about? so what if i respond with things like adam and eve? arent you the one (actually furious prime) questioning me about the God of the Bible in the firs t place?!?!?!?!?

[quote=I_Guy]Sodr I cannot consider that video even the slightest because they are passages straight from the bible. Thes same bible that I say is bullshit. It tries to elaborate on nonbelievers. But this shit was written long before the time of Science, and complex scientific understandings. So to say this scripture applies to modern intellectual doubters is absurd. [/quote]
i am urging you to watch this video, like i said SKIP the part where he reads the Bible, this man and i quote "studied philosophy, theology, the humanities and religious education in various institutes and universities"

SKIP TO 5:27
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3NdYyJofI[/video]
honestly it annoys me that i watch your 10 minute video and you're ignoring my less-than5 minute video

[quote=I_Guy]Gravity is still a theory

Cells are still a theory

Germs are still a theory

Light is still a theory

Sound is still a theory

The fact the evolution is "still a theory" means nothing. The amount of evidence that supports the theory is what matters. [/quote]
we can observe gravity, we can SEE cells, we can SEE germs, we can SEE light, we can hear sound

no one has lived long enough to observe evolution..oh and im not in the mood for a debate on evolution

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 15/Jun/09, 4:28 PM | Message # 464

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
i know someone who is just as, if not more religious than you who isn't dumb enough to actually believe that God is outside the realm of capabilities of science. in fact, he would call you an idiot for believing that. and his father was a priest and both of them are fundamentalists. he is the only religious person i have been able to argue with on a truly intellectual level. he believes the fundamentals of evolution and things like the big bang are compatible with Christianity as well. he's right. neither disprove God. of course there is very little in this universe that is actually provable. i'd actually say that there is only one provable thing in this universe and that is the cogito and even that has an element which i wish to challenge some day (obviously only on the basis of theory).

eboyd you just like to hear whatever you agree with like evolution or God being outside of science

tell me....one person who's father was a priest [[(btw catholic priests arent allowed to marry, unless he's protestant, and in that case, his beliefs dont reflect the true beliefs of Christianity)]] just because this person believes science is compatible with Christianity [[(also show me one person ALIVE that says science and religion cannot reconcile)]]...for all these reasons, we're supposed to believe that God is confined within the laws of nature? i dont think so

any God that doesn't transcend this world is not a God, end of story, even if you are an atheist....its only common sense, this isnt some teaching or doctrine

Quote (8Diagrams)
WRONG! So-called supernatural beings CAN be detected! Fuckhead!

Wow, that's some great debating skills there, hypocrite (also for what you said to ThaScience)

basically what id like is just a response from i-guy (or anyone else) for this video STARTING from 5:27 (since it didnt embed when i posted under watcher:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Furious_Pryme Date: Monday, 15/Jun/09, 8:40 PM | Message # 465

Removed
Quote (8Diagrams)
That's irrelavent! It doesn't mean anything that it was written over several centuries. It's still only written words

Iv been trying to tell people this. they just don't seem to listen,
its strange one book can mind-blind and brainwash millions
of people thru out the world.
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » Religion: Real or Fake
Search: