Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience, s0dr2  
Forum » Knowledge » Politics/Economics » marketing
marketing
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 12:49 PM | Message # 16

Emcees
Shits fucked up man. Phat Minotaur is pretty damn small, we haven't played any big shows, and even small time bookers are MONEY MONEY MONEY. I used to be like "why the fuck does everyone bitch about that shit" and now I see that it's ALOT better to do as much self-managing, design, and promoting as you can, otherwise, you're going to be broke as fuck and you're not going to have as much say in shit.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
J-Breakz Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 2:11 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Duh, it's the music business. its suppose to be rlly difficult. Make sure you focus on school so you'll still be able to get a real job when u get bored of it.... thats what im doin

livin life like some cheesy movie
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 9:02 PM | Message # 18

Emcees
Quote (J-Breakz)
Duh, it's the music business. its suppose to be rlly difficult. Make sure you focus on school so you'll still be able to get a real job when u get bored of it.... thats what im doin

I am, i'm not being stupid.. and i understand that with my ideals on DIY shit, concerning promotion/music/merch/etc i'm never going to really get anywhere in music. like i'm not going to be able to live off it, realistically.

but music will never get old to me, i love writing songs, and i could play the same songs live for a long time and not get bored of it. i think the problem is finding people who want to hear those same songs live for a long time.

Message edited by ilikebacon3000 - Monday, 19/Sep/11, 9:02 PM
Adam Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 9:34 PM | Message # 19

B-Girls
Fuck school, just do yo thang shorty.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 11:40 PM | Message # 20

Emcees
Nah, school is important to me. i'd like to live off music, but i highly doubt it'll happen.
MADE A 96 ON MY WEB PAGE DESIGN TEST TODAY
FUCKS WITH ME BITCHES

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 11:43 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Taylor, I remember when you said you didnt want to go to school and just live off of a minimum wage salary. LOL!! Funniest shit in the world.

Sick With It
Adam Date: Monday, 19/Sep/11, 11:48 PM | Message # 22

B-Girls
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
MADE A 96 ON MY WEB PAGE DESIGN TEST TODAY FUCKS WITH ME BITCHES

dude I fucking teach my web tech teacher myself. so gtfo.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 20/Sep/11, 9:25 AM | Message # 23

Emcees
Quote (Adam)
dude I fucking teach my web tech teacher myself. so gtfo.

lol u so kewl adam

Quote (Lord_Meth)
Taylor, I remember when you said you didnt want to go to school and just live off of a minimum wage salary. LOL!! Funniest shit in the world.

i still don't wanna do shit lol. if i can have a job i LIKE and make enough to live off, i could give a fuck less if it is low paying.
now that i actually work for minimum wage tho, i see why it wouldn't work, but i could probably live off a couple more dollars an hour.

Adam Date: Wednesday, 21/Sep/11, 10:11 AM | Message # 24

B-Girls
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
i still don't wanna do shit lol. if i can have a job i LIKE and make enough to live off, i could give a fuck less if it is low paying. now that i actually work for minimum wage tho, i see why it wouldn't work, but i could probably live off a couple more dollars an hour.

fucking sell out.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 21/Sep/11, 11:03 PM | Message # 25

Emcees
Quote (Adam)
fucking sell out.

yeah man fuck the system

i don't wanna live the activist lifestyle, too lazy, and all the perks of being a typical american outweigh the troubles of being an activist and changing absolutely nothing. how many movements actually change something? like really change some global shit? realistically.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 22/Sep/11, 1:47 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
i don't wanna live the activist lifestyle, too lazy, and all the perks of being a typical american outweigh the troubles of being an activist and changing absolutely nothing. how many movements actually change something? like really change some global shit? realistically.

do we really have to go through this again?? because me and Menace don't want to spend an hour putting up some long ass list for no reason, just to have you say some shit like this again. seriously bro, every major historical change has either almost entirely occurred on the backs of the movements you are referring to here, or those movements have played a major role in each such change. there's:

-the end of slavery
-the civil rights movement
-women's rights movements
-workers rights
-antitrust laws
-public education
-separation of church and state

etc...

and those were all in the last 200-300 years or so. i could go on for days.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Thursday, 22/Sep/11, 6:11 AM | Message # 27

B-Girls
But I like america and it is a pretty good place to be.

Menace Date: Thursday, 22/Sep/11, 7:43 AM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

i don't wanna live the activist lifestyle, too lazy,

fair enough, but don't go saying some BS about not changing the world because you sound like MJ :D Oh and about "changing", if i help myself and my coworkers get a raise and better working conditions then i don't need to "save the world". So next time you are at work, putting up with some BS from your boss or manager, think about that and maybe contact the IWW. ^_^

ilikebacon3000 Date: Thursday, 22/Sep/11, 9:33 AM | Message # 29

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
fair enough, but don't go saying some BS about not changing the world because you sound like MJ Oh and about "changing", if i help myself and my coworkers get a raise and better working conditions then i don't need to "save the world". So next time you are at work, putting up with some BS from your boss or manager, think about that and maybe contact the IWW.

i don't know about where you are, but over here i kind of actually like my bosses. they can be dicks but they never really treat me badly, and sure the work sucks, but i work in an air conditioned enviroment and have access to all the food I can eat (without getting caught haha).
(non sarcastic/hostile question) do bosses always have to be looked at as bad?

eboyd Date: Thursday, 22/Sep/11, 11:25 AM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
i don't know about where you are, but over here i kind of actually like my bosses. they can be dicks but they never really treat me badly, and sure the work sucks, but i work in an air conditioned enviroment and have access to all the food I can eat (without getting caught haha).
(non sarcastic/hostile question) do bosses always have to be looked at as bad?

not if you agree they deserve more money (most of the time WAAAY more money) for the same amount of work if not less than you do, not to mention they have control of you during your work day. if you are ok with that, especially knowing that there are alternatives to that, such as self-employment and workers' self-management, then good for you. i think it's ridiculous personally, but to each his own.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Politics/Economics » marketing
Search: