[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Whiteness ((The concept))
Whiteness
Pensmoke Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 0:17 AM | Message # 1

Removed
A video I made with my point of view on 'whiteness', race, the media's role in labeling/stereotyping people, and other race related issues.

Menace Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 12:41 PM | Message # 2

Heads
very good video me personally i think the concept of race is a social construct BUT the main problem here is that the system of white supremacy still exists the way social wealth goes around the black community not in it its proof that it still exists we really fixed many things look 20 years ago at South Africa and look now things are working but in a whole i personally think its a war on poor people in the world its a war on working class people class discrimination is the real discrimination

eboyd Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 1:09 PM | Message # 3

Heads
You think Malcolm X is nonsense?!?!?! I can agree with Louis Farrakhan because that guy was the type that would have people in his own ranks killed for disagreeing and in many ways he's like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but I'm intrigued to hear why you say Malcolm X was nonsense.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 1:21 PM | Message # 4

Heads
and Pensmoke u seem to not understand the concept of black nationalism cause black nationalism is a response to white nationalism, while white nationalism is the expression of white supremacy even the concept of black supremacy is a reaction to white supremacy there is justification why black supremacy still exists but there is NO proof and justification why white supremacy still exists cause white supremacy is not a natural reaction and has no basis and calling Malcolm X nonsense is mocking an entire generation of people cause MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr marched for freedom but we all know FREEDOM is not something u march for or something you find in the grocery store FREEDOM is a state of mind that's the only natural FREEDOM plus because of Malcolm X personally the term negro and nigger is not used today MALCOLM X was the FIRST african-american remember that Pen wink

MALCOLM X: OXFORD UNION DEBATE

Deadly-Sin Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 5:50 PM | Message # 5

Removed
I watched it: tho i couldnt hear a single word
been said (got no speakers or sound on this pc)
Deadly-Sin Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 5:57 PM | Message # 6

Removed
Quote (Pensmoke)
LOL you just saw me with my lips moving for like 9 minutes. I appreciate you watching it though man for real.

Yeah il re-watch it when i get a chance.
Menace Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 6:42 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
"Yeah, that didnt come out right. I didn't mean the man himself was nonsense. I meant the hate that some of the racsim/hate he preached before going to Mecca was nonsense."

That was the annotation I put on the video. You couldn't see it though because annotations dont show up unless you view the video on the youtube page.

i watched the whole video that's why i told u whats up whit black nationalism and i expressed myself more on the black nationalist tip cause some time ago i saw a video about Memphis racism and Nation Of Islam or something like that in how u told certain things made me doubt your understanding of black nationalism i don't know how much hate Malcolm spread even when he was a member of the NOI but the 60's wouldn't been won tru marching and crying the half of the deal was made by the black militants and other half by the civil rights people in fact thats the only reason why malcolm was killed the merger between these 2 movements meant a monumental change and both the US government and the NOI had to loose from that merger in that moment

Menace Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 7:04 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
According to the Autobiography of Malcolm X, all the races except the black race were by-products of Yakub's work.

I know the Autobiography of Malcolm X page by page and i guarantee you there is no page there saying that i could search the book online and give u for a read and by the way about books i have the link to that book u were interested in A People's History of the United States check it out if u didn't see my thread made for it and Pensmoke lets get deeper on that who invented the NOI ?? Wallace Dodd Ford he made the first temple in the 30's and invented this cult at the time black people especially from America had nothing as you already know so they needed something to hold on so they can rise because of desperation this doctrine was born look how NOI acted in the 70's and watch how they act now you can't really say they act the same they saw things are working out PLUS you gotta give love to this people so they can melt in their own hatred and by the way the NOI in some maybe 30 years will merge whit Sunni Islam and they will become mainstreem just watch the transformation they going tru from Warith Deen Mohammed to the present days

Menace Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 7:31 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
Yeah I know about that cat. He wasn't even black, but he told people he was. He was Maori and white. He took advantage of black people for his own financial gain. Of course if you tell the NOI members that they will say you are a liar and it's lies spread by the US government. lol

word but the reality is they worked whit the US government more often then other people just to hold their sphere of influence he wasn't Maori he was of middle eastern descent after the pictures he looks more Persian/Turkish

Menace Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 7:57 PM | Message # 10

Heads
interesting i heard that but from my personal perspective he was more of a middle eastern cause I am from that same descent too cause thats how he looks in them pictures but him being a con man we can speculate everything and woow i didn't see the Malcolm X site has such section biggrin if u know what i mean

Chinita Date: Monday, 02/Feb/09, 11:09 PM | Message # 11

Heads
loved what you had to say pen.. that was a great message. its sad that we all get catergorized, white, black, hispanic etc in the first place.. we are all humans and should just be called by our names.. i just see everyone the same and my family is also mixed.. i am latina "puerto rican" and when i lived in hunstville, al for awhile people use to say i was mexican etc.. but i'm not and not that i mind and none of that bothers me.. but why not find out what a person is first before you go there. we are just human and nothing else and with my sons people called him white.. he's half italian/puerto rican and its a long story that i wont talk about here, maybe in private one day. my 3 children are mixed so i can relate to what u are talking about.. i myself find myself saying white and i shouldnt either not knowing if the person likes or wants to be called white, this video taught me alot also so thanks.

eboyd Date: Friday, 27/Feb/09, 12:25 PM | Message # 12

Heads
surprised

Pen's internet is back up! YAY! Now it won't be so hard to finish our track!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Saturday, 28/Feb/09, 4:41 PM | Message # 13

Heads
in a predominantly white country there is no RACISM against white people of course there is dogmatic racism towards white people that's another thing but social racism never even the economic structure of the US undermines certain white poor people and the black communities even basic black nationalism is a response to white nationalism, while white nationalism is the expression of white supremacy racism is universal everyone can recognized that homophobia is part of the discrimination category too but racism can be manipulated to some certain extents to undermine some people

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 04/Mar/09, 3:32 PM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (Pensmoke)
"the NOI was also shaped by a Depression-era con-man, and convicted drugdealer, Wallace Dodd Ford. Upon Ford's 1929 release from California's San Quintin Prison, he moved to Detroit to start a new life. Ford used a number of names, including Wali Farad and Master Fard and claimed to be from Mecca, Arabia. Being that Ford's parentage was a mixture of white and South Pacific Maori, he used his skin color and his prison con skills to pass himself off to blacks as a "mystic" and a "prophet" from the Middle East. "

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/abt_noix.htm

Also "His true name is Wallace Dodd. He was born in New Zealand, on February 26, 1891. His
father was British – arriving in New Zealand via Australia on a sailing schooner. His
mother was a Polynesian (maori) native."

"The FBI identified him by his fingerprints as Wallie D. Ford, an ex-convict from Portland, Oregon. His common-law wife claimed that he was born in New Zealand to Polynesian and English parents."

Of course he was a con man, so who knows.

NOI was founded by a New Zealander? lol wow!

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ritesofpasage Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 5:25 PM | Message # 15

DJs
From a black man's perspective:

White is privilege to ask the question what is white and be baffled?

You are definitely white.

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Whiteness ((The concept))
Search: