• «
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Unconditional Love
Unconditional Love
J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 05/Dec/09, 9:45 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Who said love exists even temporarily?

If nothing lasts forever, what makes the exception loooooovvveeeee! - Andre 3000

Oh nevermind, you're trying to say love doesn't exist at all.

livin life like some cheesy movie

Message edited by J-Breakz - Saturday, 05/Dec/09, 9:46 PM
J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 05/Dec/09, 9:49 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Can't you say it's a mix of emotions that is love?

I_Guy Date: Saturday, 05/Dec/09, 9:51 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
It may not exist. The delusive elements of the idea of "love" can be misleading when given a label. We're basically not understanding what love really is and simplifying the complex elements into a simple ambiguous concept with the label "love."
^^^ I_Guy shit not my own.

I was about to say that sounds extremely familiar. :D

Quote (J-Breakz)
Can't you say it's a mix of emotions that is love?

Yeah we said that, it may be a composite emotion.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 05/Dec/09, 9:56 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Yeah we said that, it may be a composite emotion.

oh my bad I was too lazy to read the thread.

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 8:26 AM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Who said love exists even temporarily?

There's a chemical in the body that is created during sex which gives you the delusion that you're in love, the name of that chemical escapes me at the moment though. It's pretty much this incredible high at first but eventually it fades off and then what you're stuck with is some bitch you probably don't even like, you thought you did while you were under her spell but once it fades it's over, you're screwed. However, by the time that happens, when the 'love' fades you may possibly be so entangled with that person that you do not actually wish to leave her.

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 12:18 PM | Message # 36

OGs
^_^

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 12:19 PM
J-Breakz Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 2:00 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
There's a chemical in the body that is created during sex which gives you the delusion that you're in love, the name of that chemical escapes me at the moment though. It's pretty much this incredible high at first but eventually it fades off and then what you're stuck with is some bitch you probably don't even like, you thought you did while you were under her spell but once it fades it's over, you're screwed. However, by the time that happens, when the 'love' fades you may possibly be so entangled with that person that you do not actually wish to leave her.

Does a girl have the hormone?

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 3:11 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
Does a girl have the hormone?

"Oxytocin, now dubbed as the ‘hormone of love’, or the ‘cuddle hormone’ is a chemical produced by the hypothalamus in the brain and released by the pituitary gland, in response to certain environmental triggers such as stimulation of the cervix during sex, skin to skin contact, during childbirth or even during nipple stimulation in lactating women. The testes of men and ovaries of women also produce this hormone.

Oxytocin is directly responsible for ‘pair bonding’ - the bonding between mothers and infants, or between males and females.

Oxytocin also plays a crucial role in the sexual response cycle. During sex, the mere act of touching or caressing, causes a spike in the oxytocin levels in the body. Rightly called as a catalyst in sex, it ensures the body is both psychologically and physically aroused. Oxytocin triggers penile erections. Oxytocin is also released during orgasm in both men and women.

The release of oxytocin during sexual intercourse forges bonding between sexual partners. Further, having sex with the same partner repeatedly causes the release of oxytocin in abundance, sometimes by mere sight of the partner. Oxytocin inspires attachment and influences our choice of partner over other prospects. Easily, the love hormone lays the foundation of lifetime bonds."

eboyd Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 3:27 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Yeah, I've heard about that. I was going to bring that up, but I didn't want to go that far with my mom lol. However, this is a fairly new study, so I'm still a bit skeptical of the specifics, but it is quite thought provoking.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Sunday, 06/Dec/09, 9:50 PM | Message # 40

Heads
erik you are doing it the right way, taking your time is the best thing to do, get to know each other, enjoy each other. 9 months is not much, it takes along time to really know a person or to even know if that person is the one for you. i don't want to scare you but you can be with a person for 5 yearssss, get married or live with them and after that still find out that you never really knew them after all so yes take your time, communicate and really get to know this person because even if she is a great girl, wifey material or even perfect, she might not necessarily be perfect for "you" if you get my drift.

now that she saw your facebook and you saw her reaction, its important that you talk about this with her now and not later no matter what the out come is. this is the time to discuss it and if this doesnt work out because of this then you know it wasn't meant to be anyway, better now than later. communication is very important and it might be to early but eventually down the line, if you plan on going further with this girl or anyone its important to discuss these issue or in the long run they can hurt you both. a couple should know these things like wanting children in the future, religion, beliefs, parenting, goals, finance, where you want to live to raise a family etc. all these things can get in the way of a couple and should be discussed through the relationship if you plan on getting married or sharing a life together.

i sure hope it works and hope for the best but also prepare yourself for the worse..remember to try and talk in person or let her hear your voice, remember what i said, don't discuss this through a text message lol you can't see a person's emotions through that and i know our text or even our typing can seem a bit cold at times when you can't see the person's face B) especially the eyes ;)

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Unconditional Love
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: