[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Media Violence (Debate)
Media Violence (Debate)
I_Guy Date: Saturday, 16/Jan/10, 5:04 AM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
There will always be violence, sex, and drugs in the world. If the kid doesn't see it on the TV, he/she is going to see it somewhere else. It comes down to the parents/guardian raising the kid right. It's the parents raising the child, not the media. If the parents aren't good parents then we should focus on the parents being bad parents, not the media providing a service.

Yes, I agree that it is highly at the parents discretion, but immoral acts should not be pointlessly glorified, especially for money, that's for sure. Because that in itself is an immoral act.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Saturday, 16/Jan/10, 8:38 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
There will always be violence, sex, and drugs in the world. If the kid doesn't see it on the TV, he/she is going to see it somewhere else.

firstly, sex and drugs aren't necessarily immoral. second, yes, there will be, you're right. the thing is that when people see it on the streets they can make their own judgments on it better. when the media glorifies it, it makes it look exotic. there's a big difference, for example, between gangs on TV and gang activity in real life. it looks nowhere near as glorious in real life as it does on television and there are many kids that will see that if they don't get a distorted view of it from the media.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 16/Jan/10, 10:52 PM | Message # 33

Heads
here's the thing: you should never make laws out of what is moral and what is immoral. It will never be consistent and just begin taking away freedoms of the people. So attempting to silence the media even when it's just with things like glorified violence is a step in the wrong direction. If parents aren't raising their kid, then I doubt movies or tv with no violence is going to make much of a difference on the upbringing of a child.

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 1:25 AM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
here's the thing: you should never make laws out of what is moral and what is immoral. It will never be consistent and just begin taking away freedoms of the people. So attempting to silence the media even when it's just with things like glorified violence is a step in the wrong direction. If parents aren't raising their kid, then I doubt movies or tv with no violence is going to make much of a difference on the upbringing of a child.

ok, then let's make a movie out of "Mein Kamph" and make Hitler out to be a hero, create skinhead merchandise available in every store, like shirts that say "be a Nazi too!", and put a shitload of money into the movie for a great marketing plan so we can make it into a big huge blockbuster and present a movie to kids where we create an argument for the burning of non-Aryans. we can't give any blame whatsoever to that movie sparking an increase in neo-Nazism because it is the fault of the parents for not teaching their kids what is right and wrong.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 1:51 AM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
ok, then let's make a movie out of "Mein Kamph" and make Hitler out to be a hero, create skinhead merchandise available in every store, like shirts that say "be a Nazi too!", and put a shitload of money into the movie for a great marketing plan so we can make it into a big huge blockbuster and present a movie to kids where we create an argument for the burning of non-Aryans. we can't give any blame whatsoever to that movie sparking an increase in neo-Nazism because it is the fault of the parents for not teaching their kids what is right and wrong.

Didn't mel gibson do that with passion of the christ? But anyways, what evidence do you have to back that a violent and racist movie being released means there will be more violence? There are still harsh consequences for unlawful acts.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 1:57 AM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
Didn't mel gibson do that with passion of the christ?

huh if this is supposed to be a joke then rofl but there's no serious correlation here.

Quote (J-Breakz)
But anyways, what evidence do you have to back that a violent and racist movie being released means there will be more violence?

luckily nothing so gruesome and disgusting has ever gained such popularity due to marketing (that i can think of) but i can say that this should be evidence enough that movies have a profound effect on people to the point that it will increase the popularity of living out the movie in the outside world rofl

Quote (J-Breakz)
There are still harsh consequences for unlawful acts.

but that's irrelevant to you because you are against those consequences (unless they are handed down by a PDA) ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 2:19 AM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
huh if this is supposed to be a joke then rofl but there's no serious correlation here.

lol you didn't see that south park episode huh?

Quote (eboyd)
uckily nothing so gruesome and disgusting has ever gained such popularity due to marketing (that i can think of) but i can say that this should be evidence enough that movies have a profound effect on people to the point that it will increase the popularity of living out the movie in the outside world

Japan allows much more vile depictions of violence then america yet there is less violent crimes committed there compared to America.
Quote (eboyd)
but that's irrelevant to you because you are against those consequences

I'm not necessarily against the idea of a federation (the way america was really suppose to be). I think we can have a thriving society if we had a really weak central govn't with strong local govn'ts. It's just that I think history has shown that this does not last that long at all lol. Maybe if our constitution was rewritten and more clear, but idk.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 2:54 AM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)
lol you didn't see that south park episode huh?

nah post it! post it! :D

Quote (J-Breakz)
Japan allows much more vile depictions of violence then america yet there is less violent crimes committed there compared to America.

yes, but come on, they eat disgusting things rofl

nah but seriously, can you show me the statistics?

Quote (J-Breakz)
I'm not necessarily against the idea of a federation (the way america was really suppose to be). I think we can have a thriving society if we had a really weak central govn't with strong local govn'ts. It's just that I think history has shown that this does not last that long at all lol. Maybe if our constitution was rewritten and more clear, but idk.

idk man, idk. show me those stats. i am still skeptical, but if you can show me stats... idk. i'm just not sure.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 3:08 AM | Message # 39

Heads
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=3231

J-Breakz Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 3:10 AM | Message # 40

Heads
heres the southpark episode too lol

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/804/

eboyd Date: Sunday, 17/Jan/10, 3:13 AM | Message # 41

Heads
thx

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Media Violence (Debate)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: