• Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » To I-Guy,
To I-Guy,
Menace Date: Sunday, 07/Feb/10, 4:54 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (J-Breakz)

Authority to coerce a person that is violating the rights of others.

Of course PDA's do the same thing of course i am all for that . But the problem is this coercive authority in the hands of those that are affected by it ? .

Quote (J-Breakz)
.uhh...yeah it is

Policing: Regulation and control of the affairs of a community, especially with respect to maintenance of order, law, health, morals, safety, and other matters affecting the public welfare.

Militia

An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.

Quote (J-Breakz)
The people are policing themselves and others in the commune that are not policing. We have that in America, it's called the police, lol.

THE POLICE is a governmental department charged with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.
a. A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community .

In the Russian Revolution . Trotsky and Lenin abolished these autonomous self governing militias that were part of the communes and created a professional POLICE FORCE . Although they were still called MILITIAS they weren't because these were professional officers trained by the state . There is a difference between POLICE and MILITIA . As i already showed you in definition there is a big difference . Militias are not PROFESSIONAL policemen they are simple citizens which take public protection duties for short periods of time . As i already said if you consider your neighborhood watch an " army unit " or a "police force " you are defiantly coo coo .

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » To I-Guy,
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: