[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » What are the Sub Genres of Hip hop?
What are the Sub Genres of Hip hop?
J-Breakz Date: Saturday, 25/Jul/09, 9:33 PM | Message # 46

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
You as a producer should know this better than anyone. Would you call your instrumental albums "rap music"? Or for a better example, would you call "Endtroducing" an album in the "rap music" category? No. You can't. If you did it would be illogical. Why? Rap music implies that there are vocals in the music, but in instrumental hip hop there are no vocals. Instrumental rap, therefore, would be an oxymoron. So why label some of it hip hop and some of it rap? Why not just label it all under the blanket of hip hop music? It's less confusing and time consuming and, after all, that's how it was originally considering the first hip hop songs (before hip hop was on record) were instrumentals anyways.

I dont even say rap music at all, but I dont get at ppl who do. I was just arguing that to be a dick, that's all, thats why I said we were gettin off topic.

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Saturday, 25/Jul/09, 10:18 PM | Message # 47

Heads
Right, you did say you were playing devil's advocate, but I was, in essence, just brushing up on my arguments so it's all good ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » What are the Sub Genres of Hip hop?
Search: