[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » What are the Sub Genres of Hip hop?
What are the Sub Genres of Hip hop?
Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 4:59 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Does anybody know all of the sub genres of Hip Hop?

We had a thread like this but it vanished......

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 5:02 PM | Message # 2

Heads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hip_hop_genres

All about it

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 5:04 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Ill post all of them in this thread and make it a sticky so people can use this as a reference

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 5:13 PM | Message # 4

Heads
good idea

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 5:48 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Acid rap
Alternative hip hop
Christian hip hop
Comedy hip hop
Conscious hip hop
Contemporary R&B**
Country-rap
Crunk
Crunk&B
Electro-hop*
Freestyle music
Freestyle rap
Funk carioca
Gangsta rap
Ghetto house
Ghettotech*
Grime*
Hardcore hip hop
Hip hop soul***
Hip house*
Horrorcore
Hyphy
Instrumental hip hop
Jazz rap
Mafioso rap
Merenhouse*
Neo soul
Nerdcore hip hop
New jack swing
Pop-rap**
Political hip hop
Ragga
Rap rock
Rapcore
Rap metal
Snap music
Turntablism

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 6:07 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Half of those aren't hip hop though. Crunk, for example, is pop music.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 6:10 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

crunk isnt pop..to me at least....
Pop is that soft hipster shit...Crunk is that agrresive, tear the party-up type music

Sick With It
El_Matador Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 6:18 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

Without hip-hop, crunk wouldnt be exist

Menace Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 6:38 PM | Message # 9

Heads
any of you actually heard pop music ?? what's the difference between crank that and lean whit rock whit it ?? it's the SAME the same musical notes the same concept it's POP MUSIC whit a URBAN twist not a hip hop twist not all urban music is hip hop it's basic art school shit

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 6:42 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Menace)
any of you actually heard pop music ?? what's the difference between crank that and lean whit rock whit it ?? it's the SAME the same musical notes the same concept it's POP MUSIC whit a URBAN twist not a hip hop twist not all urban music is hip hop it's basic art school shit

Umm...Crank That and Lean Wit It are both in the Snap Music genre.....lol...Snap Music is pop...Crunk isnt

Sick With It
Menace Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 7:23 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Umm...Crank That and Lean Wit It are both in the Snap Music genre.....lol...Snap Music is pop...Crunk isnt

the musical notes on the crunk songs is similar or even the same as in a average pop songs tell me one thing Meth you actually study music ?? i saw that you make beats you actually write musical notes or just make shit and give definitions to shit after your ear ?? it's a great ability to make shit after your ear but i advice you to actually study MUSIC if you wanna continue whit this go to an art school don't take my advice as bad it's my opinion because people like you need to be prepared in a fitted environment

Lord Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 7:38 PM | Message # 12

Watchers
wat is a fitted environment, Menace?
Menace Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 7:44 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (Lord Meth)
wat is a fitted environment, Menace?

if you don't understand music don't make it as Erik said we have tons of producers in hip hop we need COMPOSERS and that can only be achieved at such schools and note that almost every hip hop artist that made music gone to art school or at least studied MUSIC how you can call yourself a musician when you don't know the basic elements of music

Lord Meth Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 8:07 PM | Message # 14

Watchers
[quote=Menace]if you don't understand music don't make it as Erik said we have tons of producers in hip hop we need COMPOSERS and that can only be achieved at such schools and note that almost every hip hop artist that made music gone to art school or at least studied MUSIC how you can call yourself a musician when you don't know the basic elements of music [/quote]

I wanna be a great producer sometime in the future, but you have to crawl before you can walk. Right now Im just getting the basics down...still learning...in time I will go to Art School and learn music so I CAN become a musician..I wanna learn to play the piano actually....Im not even considered a musician even by my own standards! I never even called myself one. Im still new to making beats. You TALK like you kno the elements of music..then make some!! Dont tell me wat to do if your foot isnt on the pedal as well...no disrespect....how the fuck did we een get on this topic? Arent we talking about Crunk isnt Pop music? Wat does me and my abilitiy to make music have anything to do with that?

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Friday, 24/Jul/09, 9:52 PM | Message # 15

Rappers
Crunk is urban pop

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » What are the Sub Genres of Hip hop?
Search: