New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
More Debate On Religion
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 11:42 PM | Message # 91

OGs
lol

I DID NT START IT

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 0:55 AM | Message # 92

Heads
Once again, Menace and Eboyd conquers, and Emseed remains reasonable. Can't say much for the others though.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:01 AM | Message # 93

OGs
^^^^^^^atheist^^^^^^^^

cummon man, im not the one claiming all religions worship the same god....

Quote (Menace)
"ohh and your are a fanatic you just called that Darwin book a satanic book just like in 18 century grab your forks and start lynching and burning people "

oh of course, victory goes to menace....at least i didnt resort to insults

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:06 AM
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:43 AM | Message # 94

Heads
Insults are inevitable when the opponent is unreasonable.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:51 AM | Message # 95

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Insults are inevitable when the opponent is unreasonable.

lol, unreasonable? okay...i'm sorry if my beliefs are different than yours, reasonable or not, but you don't insult someone during a RELIGIOUS debate....you'll lose seriousness, except from the other atheists like yourself who keep on cheering.........and here's where religion kicks in:

insults = unreasonable

i'm sorry to see you dont realize this

also, the religious don't insult because we control our senses. if we are offended, we don't let our emotions overcome us, rather we suppress them and remain victorious, whereas someone like menace when he insults me, imagines triumph where there is defeat

Message edited by sodr2 - Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:53 AM
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 1:55 AM | Message # 96

Heads
His insults were weak anyway. Speaking of weak, weak people with weak arguments use their opponents weak insults as an excuse to end a discussion.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:05 AM | Message # 97

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Speaking of weak, weak people with weak arguments use their opponents weak insults as an excuse to end a discussion.

lol.....im starting to suspect youre no later than in your midteens

use their opponents weak insults? man how specific can you get...might as well just mention his name in there....i have arguments that have lasted for over 2000 years and are held by many philosophers, intellectuals, etc

what argument do you have? only one:

argument from ignorance: there is no proof of God, therefore God doesn't exist. very strong argument i might add....

btw i never ended anything, i was always on

Message edited by sodr2 - Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:06 AM
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:15 AM | Message # 98

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
what argument do you have? only one:
argument from ignorance: there is no proof of God, therefore God doesn't exist. very strong argument i might add....

No, that's the only argument that you can comprehend. And it is the simplest and most basic argument out there. Hmmm I think that may say something about your comprehension?

Discovering cyclical logic is hard my friend. You have proven this.

Explain to me why almost every single scientist in the scientific community possess no faith in a god.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:21 AM | Message # 99

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)
Explain to my why almost every single scientist in the scientific community possess no faith in a god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_thinkers_in_science

i think us Christians have a much much better resume.......one of your best guys is richard dawkins who gets stumpted by a single basic question regarding evolution

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 2:25 AM | Message # 100

Heads
if you want to see some pretty good comedy watch this entire video

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Acekat00o Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 5:09 AM | Message # 101

Heads
HERES THE PROOF !

Graffiti
TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 5:21 AM | Message # 102

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
he said that muslims and christians and hindus worshp the same god....DOES THIS MAKE COMMON SENSE TO YOU?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Did you just exchange jews for Hindus? I said Christians, Muslims and Jews.

Quote (EmSeeD)
but they don't believe Jesus is the messiah. There are quite a lot of differences between Islam and Christianity and Judaism.

I said they all have the same god.. Not that they were the same.

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 5:39 AM | Message # 103

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
closed minded much??

not nearly as much as you are. this isn't a personal attack either, it is a simple observation. and i really cannot take that guy you posted seriously. Christianity i based no more on fact than Buddhism and most other religions, in fact i would probably say that Buddhism deals with fact even more so than Christianity by quite a bit. and i find it hilarious when this guy claims that philosophy is not fact based. philosophy is based on the principle of the one and only absolute truth -- i think therefore i am. this, in fact, is the precise reason that i follow atheism and not agnosticism. the arguments for the atheist's side is fact based, but from a theologian's perspective, it is faith based. scientists have been persecuted, even killed, for years. why? they have proven to be a threat to a religious society.

bottom line though: don't claim someone is closed minded until you actually open your mouth in an unbiased manner.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 5:48 AM | Message # 104

Heads
btw, Descartes proof for the existence of God, though still flawed, as all arguments for or against God have been, were far more compelling than that guy's or anyone else's we've come across so far (except maybe that shared by Spinoza and his followers) and no one has compared yet.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 5:52 AM | Message # 105

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
i don't see how it is.

let me break it down. he called what i was saying an opinion but not recognizing what he was saying as opinion, but when i do the same and tell him that it's not his opinion he gets offended.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » More Debate On Religion
Search: