[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » World Religious Philosophies ((The lesser known religions))
World Religious Philosophies
s0dr2 Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 5:39 PM | Message # 46

OGs
eboyd, just wondering...

what church do you go to?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 5:55 PM | Message # 47

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
what church do you go to?

the Jedi Church :D
http://www.jedichurch.org/

eboyd Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 9:23 PM | Message # 48

Heads
Cough8diagramsgetoffmenacesballscough :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 9:26 PM | Message # 49

Heads
Oh, and sodr, my church is a non-denomination but I am in Mississippi now so I'm not going there for a while. Our football team goes to different churches almost every Sunday though. We went to a baptist church last Sunday and I'm talking awesome music, everyone singing, the overly fanatical preachers, etc. It was awesome :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 9:42 PM | Message # 50

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Oh, and sodr, my church is a non-denomination but I am in Mississippi now so I'm not going there for a while. Our football team goes to different churches almost every Sunday though. We went to a baptist church last Sunday and I'm talking awesome music, everyone singing, the overly fanatical preachers, etc. It was awesome

going to church for the love of the tribe or because of the tribe i used to do that too i was doing it because i loved my tribe my community i even used to do Adhaan's ceremonial prayers in front of the mic but one day i just woke up and asked myself why I'm still doing this ? what's the meaning of it ? I'm an anarchist who's an agnostic i love everybody in my community but why should i still do it ? and i stopped nobody in my family bashed on me Ace saw the Christian icons in my house on the walls he saw Islamic ones too he was amazed my mom knows everything about me and she supports me in everything she's a devout Muslim who supports her anarchist working class oriented strongly secular Agnostic /atheist sometimes son tell me my family is not the example of human harmony ?? LMAO :D

eboyd Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 10:35 PM | Message # 51

Heads
Lol @ Menace's comment :D lol

My mom tries to support me but then occasionally she will try to slip in a sly remark attempting to get me to believe in God again lol. My dad believes based on the whole watch/watchmaker argument (which he doesn't know about because he's not big into philosophy) but like me he doesn't like to categorize himself, however, if I were to categorize him, he fits in the agnostic with a heavy lean towards spirituality, specifically Christianity, however he is the type who, I would guess, probably looks at all religions equally but because he was raised a Christian and is accustomed to it, he continues going to a Christian church. He would probably agree with this quote from Immortal Technique:

"A fake church that called the prophet Muhammad a terrorist/
Forgetting God is not religion but a spiritual bond/
And Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the Quran"

Ok, he would probably be indifferent to it, but if he was forced to give an opinion on that quote he would probably agree.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 10:44 PM | Message # 52

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
however he is the type who, I would guess, probably looks at all religions equally but because he was raised a Christian and is accustomed to it, he continues going to a Christian church

yeah tribalism is a bitch LOL

Quote (eboyd)
y dad believes based on the whole watch/watchmaker argument (which he doesn't know about because he's not big into philosophy) but like me he doesn't like to categorize himself, however, if I were to categorize him, he fits in the agnostic with a heavy lean towards spirituality, specifically Christianity, however he is the type who, I would guess, probably looks at all religions equally

gnostic and deists do such things believe in such way

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 10:45 PM | Message # 53

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
My mom tries to support me but then occasionally she will try to slip in a sly remark attempting to get me to believe in God again lol. My dad believes based on the whole watch/watchmaker argument (which he doesn't know about because he's not big into philosophy) but like me he doesn't like to categorize himself, however, if I were to categorize him, he fits in the agnostic with a heavy lean towards spirituality, specifically Christianity, however he is the type who, I would guess, probably looks at all religions equally but because he was raised a Christian and is accustomed to it

i'm probably like that too

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 9:17 PM | Message # 54

OGs
i can enter a mosque, it doesnt mean anything

oh and i bet if u attended a DIVINE LITURGY... ud be more... questioning your beliefs

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 9:20 PM | Message # 55

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Dude, he goes to church OFTEN.

oh

say word...

well i wouldnt be suprised if hes still agnostic, lool jk

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 9:27 PM | Message # 56

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Does this answer any questions you might have about his church going?

um.. no?

its just that... i dont think his church celebrates mass with the icons and chants like the catholics/orthodox..

Menace Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 9:42 PM | Message # 57

Heads
going to church is a pathological thing most people are still going to church for this reason statistics show that people pay just LIP service to their tribe trough going to church not because they are actually practicing religion it's like these people nurtured me i at least this i could to for them the most tribal like religion is Judaism most secular Jews go to Temple not because they are practicing Jews but because it's a pathological thing paying tribute to the tribe going to Temple in tribute to the struggle of Jews trough out history and such and such most Jews agree on this even orthodox ones

Quote (sodr2)
oh and i bet if u attended a DIVINE LITURGY... ud be more... questioning your beliefs

yeah I've been to "divine liturgies " i live in a Christian Orthodox country so you know in fact i know many Orthodox prayers i actually memorized some of them " The Lord's burial service" is a good one singed at the church on the night of the resurrection you know at Easter it's a good feeling everyone was singing in huge amounts of people in the same time and me a little Muslim boy holding the candlelight in the middle of the crowd singing it along it was cool it was a good vibe yeah kids in general can be moved by such ceremonies or not to say about Muslim ceremonies there are amazing ceremonies and so amazing Adhan's everyone can be moved by such ceremonials i was very moved especially by Hindu ceremonials they were cool but to say that attending such ceremonials will miraculously convert you is far fetch people feel moved at any mass ceremonials go at spoken word poetry jams for example it's a human thing

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 9:42 PM | Message # 58

OGs
Quote (8Diagrams)
Whatever, the thing is, he's still keeping an open-mind.

if someone goes to church often that doesnt mean he/she's openminded

not saying that hes closed minded

Menace Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 9:55 PM | Message # 59

Heads
Sodr2 your very dogmatic as a Christian Orthodox here at least they are not like you in fact they tend to compromise some things so they can be more closer to others your more similar to American's rather then Orthodox's or even Catholic's not trying to offend you but i debated whit many Orthodox's here religion and they totally different that's why i bet i know more Orthodox prayers then you do LOL :D

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:04 PM | Message # 60

OGs
Quote (Menace)
yeah I've been to "divine liturgies " i live in a Christian Orthodox country so you know in fact i know many Orthodox prayers i actually memorized some of them " The Lord's burial service" is a good one singed at the church on the night of the resurrection you know at Easter it's a good feeling everyone was singing in huge amounts of people in the same time and me a little Muslim boy holding the candlelight in the middle of the crowd singing it along it was cool it was a good vibe yeah kids in general can be moved by such ceremonies or not to say about Muslim ceremonies there are amazing ceremonies and so amazing Adhan's everyone can be moved by such ceremonials i was very moved especially by Hindu ceremonials they were cool but to say that attending such ceremonials will miraculously convert you is far fetch people feel moved at any mass ceremonials go at spoken word poetry jams for example it's a human thing

nice....im impressed

Quote (Menace)
Sodr2 your very dogmatic as a Christian Orthodox here at least they are not like you in fact they tend to compromise some things so they can be more closer to others your more similar to American's rather then Orthodox's or even Catholic's not trying to offend you but i debated whit many Orthodox's here religion and they totally different that's why i bet i know more Orthodox prayers then you do LOL :D

first i doubt u know more othodox prayers than me (unless you own an agbeya and read the ENTIRE prime/compline every morning/night)....second where are you getting the idea that the Orthodox church never compromise things to be closer to others??....i already admitted im not a good debater, but my opinions are (most likely) similar to the people you debated

Message edited by sodr2 - Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:05 PM
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » World Religious Philosophies ((The lesser known religions))
Search: