[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » World Religious Philosophies ((The lesser known religions))
World Religious Philosophies
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:13 PM | Message # 61

Heads
I know plenty of prayers. Prayers = waste of words.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:14 PM | Message # 62

OGs
Quote (I_Guy)

i would say thats a dumb ass little comment intended to insult

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:15 PM | Message # 63

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
st i doubt u know more othodox prayers than me (unless you own an agbeya and read the ENTIRE prime/compline every morning/night).

you read it most prayers i know i memorized them for more then 4 years i participated in Orthodox classes so you know the whole Byzantine area Orthodox theology i grasp it alongside their prayers i know your from the Oriental Orthodoxy but ultimately it's the same Eastern Christianity :D so yaay i wing LOL :D

Quote (sodr2)
e you getting the idea that the Orthodox church never compromise things to be closer to others??.

that's the thing Orthodox Christians at least here do compromise very much i said you don't as some of your arguments showed

Quote (sodr2)
i already admitted im not a good debater, but my opinions are (most likely) similar to the people you debated

i know but some of the things you said were rightfully very American Fundamentalist like oriented i never hear some thing you said from both Catholic followers or priests or Orthodox followers and priests

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:17 PM | Message # 64

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i would say thats a dumb ass little comment intended to insult

Not quite, it's a belief.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:21 PM | Message # 65

OGs
Quote (Menace)
you read it most prayers i know i memorized them for more then 4 years i participated in Orthodox classes so you know the whole Byzantine area Orthodox theology i grasp it alongside their prayers i know your from the Oriental Orthodoxy but ultimately it's the same Eastern Christianity :D so yaay i wing LOL :D

i highly doubt you memorized the agbeya

Quote (Menace)
that's the thing Orthodox Christians at least here do compromise very much i said you don't as some of your arguments showed

ok, so why do you blame the Orthodox church because of some of my comments?

Quote (Menace)
i know but some of the things you said were rightfully very American Fundamentalist like oriented i never hear some thing you said from both Catholic followers or priests or Orthodox followers and priests

i would love it if you quoted me.... i would more than love it, i would marry it and make sweet love to it if you quoted me and gave me an example of something u never hear from other followers

Quote (I_Guy)
Not quite, it's a belief.

ill take it!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:24 PM | Message # 66

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)

i gotta admit to you I_Guy that most American atheists and agnostics are so flamed on religion because they come from a fundamentalist environment most of you don't come from moderate religious environments and the religious environments considered moderate in America here at least are considered fundamentalist that's why the most fierce opposition is in America even tough America has a smaller percent of Atheists and Agnostics then most Europe American religious fundamentalism fuels this hatred while here even tough huge percents of the population are Atheists and Agnostics they don't really care they more like Hey !!! Hey !! Ciao !! LOL because religion does not annoys us here to have a beef whit her :D

Menace Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:29 PM | Message # 67

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
i would love it if you quoted me.... i would more than love it, i would marry it and make sweet love to it if you quoted me and gave me an example of something u never hear from other followers

there were many things directed against Muslims which i never heard from any Christian Orthodox priest or follower and many similar things you said them when we debated religion i think and we were fiercely debating whit Pensmoke too i don't remember in what thread but it was some time ago

Quote (sodr2)

ok, so why do you blame the Orthodox church because of some of my comments?

actually no my whole point was directed against your dumb individual self not the Church or the masses

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 10:30 PM | Message # 68

Heads
Quote (Menace)
i gotta admit to you I_Guy that most American atheists and agnostics are so flamed on religion because they come from a fundamentalist environment

I'd be okay with it if it didn't get in the way so much. I would still dislike the disinformation and delusion, but I wouldn't hate it. Without the fundamentalism, a religion's purposes and benefits become more clear. It's just hard to see it in the U.S.

s0dr2 Date: Wednesday, 09/Sep/09, 7:54 AM | Message # 69

OGs
Quote (Menace)
there were many things directed against Muslims which i never heard from any Christian Orthodox priest or follower and many similar things you said them when we debated religion i think and we were fiercely debating whit Pensmoke too i don't remember in what thread but it was some time ago

really? well if i was bashing it then it was a mistake
any insult against islam goes against the teachings of Christ

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 20/Oct/09, 8:05 PM | Message # 70

Heads
You're right. To say "fuck (insert ideology here)" is to sink to the level of idiocy and irrationality. I just see satanism as contradictory and pointless. It basically takes atheism and turns it into a worship of the carnal and by definition mocks religion for no logical reason.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 20/Oct/09, 11:39 PM | Message # 71

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
It basically takes atheism and turns it into a worship of the carnal and by definition mocks religion for no logical reason.

Yeah, they just do it for personal satisfaction. No real objective reason. They are kind of pursuing an empty ideal though. They think that everyone should be free to pursue their carnal nature, but they do think that murder, rape, violence, etc. is no good. So in a sense they worship our naturalness and integral behaviors because it is natural, but they reject the harmful aspects. I can see that, and I guess that's a fine pursuit, but it begins to make no sense when associating it with mythical source of evil and theism.

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » World Religious Philosophies ((The lesser known religions))
Search: