Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Book of Job
The Book of Job
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 12:25 PM | Message # 31

OGs
i am uninsultable (if u were referring to me)

however, they refuse to investigate things like satanism just because it sounds ridiculous. Therefore in a way, you are in fact contridicting yourself, right?

uhhh, no? Christians can investigate anything and everything

btw i thought u "converted" to Christianity after camp or something :D i think this proves what Jesus said when He said some will rejoice in the good news but will fall away because they have no roots

btw u keep mentioning things like "magical zombie" and whatnot...ever hear of a straw man before?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 12:32 PM | Message # 32

OGs
I know how the jews had their laws before jesus, and how sacrifice was needed according to their laws, but how is a guy dying for us relevant?

so something makes no sense to you and you disregard it? jews had sacrifices to atone for sins "without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness"....dang nab it venomfangx explains it well believe it or not ...all these sacrifices were not enough, Jesus was the only one perfect and therefore was the ultimate sacrifice

Added (25/Aug/09, 12:32 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
"Hmm, yet you seemed pretty mad when he told you what happened with his mother"

huh?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 12:48 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
so something makes no sense to you and you disregard it? jews had sacrifices to atone for sins "without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness"....dang nab it venomfangx explains it well believe it or not ...all these sacrifices were not enough, Jesus was the only one perfect and therefore was the ultimate sacrifice

rationally that still doesn't make sense

Quote (sodr2)
a straw man before?

yes religious people believe or not and conservatives use it all the time they use it to call a draw in the argument so they can make the other side not true LOL and still why all sacrifices were not enough ?? and why use sacrifices in the first place ?? you know the Aztecs had a cult of sacrifice no ?? sacrifice is the main basic of pagan religion why tear ones life no matter what life is to please someone ?? if you look into dictionary that's called sadism a God that wants sacrifice and offers sacrifice is a sadist ;)

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 1:27 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
Past is past, I messed up once, but you frequently insult him. So that arguement is invalid.

Don't whine about that picture not making sense, it makes just as much sense as your argument.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 1:44 PM | Message # 35

OGs
rationally that still doesn't make sense

w/e im not good with words

yes religious people believe or not and conservatives use it all the time they use it to call a draw in the argument so they can make the other side not true LOL and still why all sacrifices were not enough ?? and why use sacrifices in the first place ?? you know the Aztecs had a cult of sacrifice no ?? sacrifice is the main basic of pagan religion why tear ones life no matter what life is to please someone ?? if you look into dictionary that's called sadism a God that wants sacrifice and offers sacrifice is a sadist ;)

:D

im in the mood right now lol.... doesnt mean i know all the answers , let me see if i can steal other ppl`s answers...

God said without the blood there is no remission of sin. Blood sacrifice atoned for the sin of ignorance, it did not remove the guilt.

if you really care: http://answers.yahoo.com/search....rifices

Menace Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 4:24 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
im in the mood right now lol.... doesnt mean i know all the answers , let me see if i can steal other ppl`s answers...

God said without the blood there is no remission of sin. Blood sacrifice atoned for the sin of ignorance, it did not remove the guilt.

that still makes God a sadist and lowers him at the level of the Aztecs and their pagan gods the same argument was used by them to create a cult of sacrifice that scarified even humans at a industrial level i might say so if a God wants sacrifice of any kind that still makes him a sadist and sadism is not a virtue ;)

TheWatcher Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 7:16 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
But you probably ARE a lemonhead, though

Oh snap.. I've been burned. Where do I get the razor to slit my wrists? :p

ilikebacon3000 Date: Tuesday, 25/Aug/09, 10:03 PM | Message # 38

Emcees
Quote (sodr2)

If god is all forgiving and all knowing and all-everything, why would he want sacrifice? Why would they be needed?
How do we know the first jewish sacrifices were really even from god?
We don't. They are all eyewitness accounts.
Even the gospels are eyewitness accounts. There is nothing that proves that its the word of god.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 0:51 AM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (Menace)
Buddhism getting Nirvana is hard work too much work oh wait in Christianity getting eternity is just accepting this dude Jesus YAAY

Eastern cultures tend to be less selfish than the western world.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 0:57 AM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Nah lol about a week later I just realized all over again that it is bullshit, and also after watching these vids. They seem stupid but they make really good points, along with all the rest of these guys videos. He himself was a former christan. He really made me realize that it is simply..... Bullshit.

Come on man after everything Menace and I explained in that Christian camp thread. Shit, at least you are realizing though. Those videos are good at pointing things out though.

Check out this guys videos. About the first 10 or so on the page are really good and well explained. I've posted some of them before.

Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/philhellenes
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=philhellenes&view=videos

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 1:06 AM | Message # 41

Emcees
^Ahhh I love his videos.
I have watched him for a long time.
I actually had a PM convo with him about depersonalization/derealization.
Anyone here ever fucked with that?
That shit is not fun.
I had it non stop about 2 weeks for no reason. The only reason I could think of was weed inducing it because THC stays in your brain and I had smoked weed around that time but I wasnt high when the episodes happened.
I_Guy, do you know much about it?

I_Guy Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 1:31 AM | Message # 42

Heads
It was probably from the weed. It's just psychological shit. Just think, some long term drug users (especially heavy drugs) lose a grip and live with these problems nonstop.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 8:46 AM | Message # 43

Emcees
My stepdad was like that! Except it was drinking. He felt normal when drunk, and drunk when normal, so he HAD to have a buzz nonstop or he would get supa-pissed.

Anyways.
I_guy just curious how did you get that ink stamp effect? I know where and how to do it, but every time I try it, the lighting is really fucked up so it looks nothing like it should.

Menace Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 12:24 PM | Message # 44

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Eastern cultures tend to be less selfish than the western world.

the western world was the first to really institutionalize religion on a large scale Emperor Constantine was literally the man that destroyed every vestige of pluralism in the western world and replaced it whit absolute monarchism we can say that modern Absolute monarchy was given birth by Constantine's monopoly on religion because in doing that he saved his position of power that's why eastern religion seems less selfish because religious institutionalization breeds bad shit.

oh and Pat Condell i saw him on that dudes page in my opinion Pat Condell is a right wing reactionary he attacks in a dogmatic way his opposition and he overreacts to everything i don't understand how he can reconcile atheism's secular humanism to his very non pluralistic thinking

Watcher Date: Wednesday, 26/Aug/09, 1:07 PM | Message # 45

Watchers
[quote=8Diagrams]Yes, but due to your close-mindedness, you NEVER, EVER do. [/quote]
u need to change your attitude man...

i can investigate your penis if ud like :p

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Book of Job
Search: